Thread: Heat issue (IRL) | Forums

Heat issue (IRL)

Hello guys/Devs!

I'm having a strange issue which affects my performance. When I play the game in 1-2 hours my computer's heat is far hotter than it should be.

I tested it out and when I was playing the Guild Wars 2 Beta - Stress Test (my computer's performance and heat should be worse) last night, the computer was cold and the performance was perfect. So I had no heat issues.

But when I play Ghost Recon: Online my comp's heat goes way up it's hot.

No issues with the game, but sometimes, because of this, my performance is worse and I get frame rate issues. (Not constantly just here and there, but still annoying that the game heats my computer this bad)

Ideas?

Best wishes,
    Sinful
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1286450&dateline=1350  672038
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Add some cooling.

I added an external ventilator since my room tends to be very warm during summer.

Big_Ghost_Daddy
    Check out Klaue_'s and my hints 'n tips thread (for GRO):
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-Tips-n-tricks
    AND DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR OWN!

Add me as friend and let me know when you want to play.
    In-game name GRO: BigGhostDaddy
    UPlay: Big_Ghost_Daddy

Other accounts:
    Steam: Big_Ghost_Daddy (current name: GhostFromBE)
    Nintendo 3DS friend code: 0688 - 5359 - 0089 (name: 3DS-virus)

First thing i would do is to detect the source of heat.
    For some reason, most of the time GRO uses 100% CPU-load.
    Normaly the GPU and power-supplie is the source of heat, but check all three to make sure your CPU is not constantly or close to over-heat, that could cause more than only frame issues.
    Boidrix

New to the game or do you want to share some experience?
    Get some hints or provide tips here: -Tips 'n tricks-

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue_ View Post
    First thing i would do is to detect the source of heat.
    For some reason, most of the time GRO uses 100% CPU-load.
    Normaly the GPU and power-supplie is the source of heat, but check all three to make sure your CPU is not constantly or close to over-heat, that could cause more than only frame issues.
    I certainly know that it's not my power supply, since I checked that. It can be either my video card or CPU or both. Well there's no problem with over-heating since it stays at a certain heat which is way hotter than it should but not THAT dangerous, but it causes some frame issues.

The thing what bothers me is that I can play ANY other games and I have no heat issues, but GRO, for some reason gives me a hot computer (in a bad way).

I know one thing for certain, in the last beta phase I had no framerate issues AT ALL. (Don't know about heat, I started to check it in the present beta phase for some reason)

Oh and I definitely know that when I'm not playing GRO and any other games, my computer is cool.

Best wishes,
    Sinful
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1286450&dateline=1350  672038

I heard that the performance is way worse on much systems then it was in the last beta.
    I dont have this problem but some of my buddys suffer from this too and we havent found a good solution so far.

GRO gives your GPU and CPU alot of workload, even games with better graphics or complexer calculations run way better so i guess its just a the cause for your heat problem.
    Could be, well common, that something like a debugger od logger runs in the background that eats up all the performance.

So far, we can only look forward to the performance of the release version. AFAIK there is no effektive solution to that problem.
    I read somewhere that some users could fix it with adjusting the monitor frequenc to 60Hz, some folks turned it up to 120 ..
    If you already running on 60Hz(on all monitors) ... well .. maybe someone could find a solution.
    Boidrix

I can live with this, it forces me to stop playing every now and then so it is maybe a good thing after all..

Quote Originally Posted by SinGamingZone View Post
    Hello guys/Devs!

I'm having a strange issue which affects my performance. When I play the game in 1-2 hours my computer's heat is far hotter than it should be.
    Could you be more specific on what part of your computer gets hot? CPU and GPU coolers are not that that expensive, even a pre-made CPU liquid cooling makes sure your computer will never boil again. (unless overcloked to the max )

I have experienced this problem too, not with this game, but Assassin's Creed 2 used to make my CPU temperature way more high than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Az4z3l11 View Post
    Could you be more specific on what part of your computer gets hot?
    Could you please read before writing?
    Maybe flip thinking in between, your choice.
    Boidrix