Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assassin's Creed II Swearing | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Quote Originally Posted by HaSoOoN-MHD View Post
    There is violence, Courtesans and sex scenes...yet you worry about cursing? xD
    **** you beat me to it
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Anykeyer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1DnCNdhPPE
    At 5:05 and 7:17. That's literally the first ten minutes of the game, and I'm sure there is more.

Ferrith: I'm the kid, lol. But it's true, there are younger kids in the house, though that's not the biggest problem.

HaSoOoN-MHD: I don't worry about the cursing (thought it would be nice if it were gone anyway), it's my parents. I would buy the game right now if it were totally my call. Besides, my parents seem to trust me enough to think I just might not start killing and having sex after playing this game. Swearing though, is sometimes unintentional.
    Besides, my parents realize that virtual violence, though they may not love it, is not a huge problem. As for sex scenes, they are really watered down and show nothing, so my parents don't see it as a huge problem (again, they don't like the idea, but they recognize it's not bad; just watch TV for five minutes).
    Swearing is something that is not dulled down by being virtual, and my parents hate it. My mom's exact words are, "I have a right to not let that kind of language into my house."

Look you guys, I'm not looking for a debate on whether virtual killing or virtual swearing is worse. I'm looking for someone who can help. Please, if you can or you know someone who can mod the game, I need it.

I've looked into it, and I'd guess that the audio files are in a .pck file (that's how they are in Revelations, which I have [no f-bombs]). They can be a pain to open, but modders might have tools for that.
    After that, it seems a simple matter of maybe changing the format, editing the audio file (in audacity or something), and changing it back to the original format.
    From there it could get tricky: I don't know if you can just add files back into .pck files or if you'd have to extract them all and recompress them, but either way this whole job seems like a one, maybe two hour thing. I'm sorry, there would be no payment, but it would be a huge help to someone who really needs it. Help me, Ubisoft Forums. You're my only hope.

Banned
    This is the last piece of bit I am telling you: The amount of swearing amounts too...3-4 times?
    I understand that your parents have strict rules about this, but let us be honest, dont you use those on daily basis in School? dont you know the meaning off them?
    While some modders may be able to help you, just try reasoning with your parents first. Much easier for everybody.
    If that does not work, i am sure a modder here can help you.

Ive never heard the word f*ck in the game by Ezio or the other characters from his memories in english, it is more like Merda, Biscero, Cagnnalia or Cazzo (which is the most common italian f*ck, and stands for d*ck), they are only shown as translated subtitles. As far as i remember the only f*ck given was during present day gameplay with Desmond.

HaSoOoN-MHD: It doesn't make any difference how many times they are used, and no, I don't actually use strong curses at a daily basis. Why would I? They are crude, annoying, and just disgusting terms to use; it's hard to take people who use them seriously. And yes, I know the meaning; I'm not four. I've tried reasoning with my parents, and they are not fans of any of the assassin's creed games. Using the f-word just seems like the load that broke the camel's back. If the f-words were gone, they would be all right with it.

connor_bg: It really doesn't matter to my parents who uses the words, they are there (and besides, you forgot bastardo, lol).

Again, are there any modders out there willing to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordgi View Post
    HaSoOoN-MHD: It doesn't make any difference how many times they are used, and no, I don't actually use strong curses at a daily basis. Why would I? They are crude, annoying, and just disgusting terms to use; it's hard to take people who use them seriously. And yes, I know the meaning; I'm not four. I've tried reasoning with my parents, and they are not fans of any of the assassin's creed games. Using the f-word just seems like the load that broke the camel's back. If the f-words were gone, they would be all right with it.

connor_bg: It really doesn't matter to my parents who uses the words, they are there (and besides, you forgot bastardo, lol).

Again, are there any modders out there willing to help?
    Best solution, buy a headset or use headphones. This is the PC forum after all.

Yaminub: Once again, it is not a problem with me not liking the swearing, it is my parents. They don't care if I use headphones, if that solved it I would have the game by now. And yes, this is the PC forum; I'm planning on getting it on the PC, so I need a PC mod.

Can any of you actually help, or are you just going to make snarky remarks and sugget things I have already tried?

Aren't these games rated M? Depending on where you live, that would mean you legally wouldn't be allowed to play the game until you're 16-18. I don't think there are any language filter mods for a game that's meant for adults, so I'm afraid you (or your parents) are either going to have to deal with the language or wait until you're older.

"I am your superior, in both title and ability;
    you should know better than to question me."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12