An alternate option for Weapon Proficiency/Critical Hits?
I know many people enjoy critical hits in this game, but I will say that I absolutely despise them. It makes a shooter that is heavily dependent on individual ability rely on a chance given factor. That just doesn't seem right at all. So I put in some thought on what could replace critical hit chances and I came up with this:
- At levels 3/6/9 the gun will gain +1 power.
- Raise head shot damage from +50% to +60% for all guns.
- At all levels, the gun will gain additional damage for landing head shots.
- For example, an assault rifle will gain 4% bonus damage for each level. A level 5 assault rifle will have a bonus 20% damage on head shot. This means that scoring a head shot with this assault rifle will score 80% more damage on head shot (60+20).
- Sniper rifles could have a bonus 8% bonus damage per level. If the sniper chooses to stick with the same gun until level 10, that sniper rifle will deal 140% more damage upon landing a head shot. That sniper only needs to rank up to level 5 to gain a 100% added head shot damage which is equivalent to a current critical hit.
To replace critical evasion armor inserts we could have them modify the head shot damage received. Say 5% reduced damage from head shots per each one as an example.
This also makes Toughness a better choice as there are no more critical hits totally making the stat useless. These also might need to be scaled back slightly. Say from +1.5 to just +1 toughness per insert.
Health inserts may also need to be scaled back a bit due to the sudden drop in damage per second say from +10 to +6 health per insert.
Armor may also need to scale back by like 3-5% since they won't be blocking critical hits any more.
I don't expect many to agree that these changes would be better. In fact, I would expect much opposition to this or just the lack of response due to the lack of support. But I want to cut out the chance factor in this game. Of course head shots often times turn out to be just chance shots but they're not as gimmicky as critical hit chances.
Anyway, I do hope that you guys would support this.
Last edited by gameshoes; 06-27-2012 at 07:31 PM.