Thread: AC2 - Treasure chests and feathers - I am struggling with a few - please help! | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

AC2 - Treasure chests and feathers - I am struggling with a few - please help!

I am struggling to obtain one last feather in Florence (Santa Maria Novella District). It is sitting on a beam projecting from the city wall. There are three beams altogether and you have to start on the lower one, (the feather is on the higher utmost beam. The stategy guide says that you hase to do a running wall climb and a leap left but I am struggling with it.

Has anyone got any tips about this one?

Also, back in Monteriggioni, there are several treasure chests that seem unreachable. The feather in the mines, (reopened after the renovation with the architect) and the feather in the renovated reopened church - I have tried and tried and can't get at 'em.

I am also flummoxed as to where the hidden one is that is showing as being somewhere in the villa after all of the easy ones have been cleared.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

There is no feather in the Monterrigioni mines. As for the Florence one; I suggest watching video tutorials on "beam projecting".

I believe the "feather" icon (actually it's an icon of a chest) that is on the map in Montorrigioni is to indicate where the feather chest is (the place you put the feathers after collecting them). Other than that i suggest doiing like Slembroccoli said and watch video guides/tutorials.
    Last edited by MT4K; 06-28-2012 at 08:03 PM.

-Emte-
    "If you cannot live together at the start; Be the one living at the end .... かもしれない" - MT4K
    Ubisoft Support.

Sorry guys!

I had a "senior moment" there!

When I said "feather" in the reopened Monteriggiioni Mines I meant treasure chest.

Likewise, the "feather" in the renovated church in is also a treasure chest.

As I said, I am flummoxed as to where the trasure chest is in or around the villa as i have searched the secret room downstairs and the upstairs "office", where there was a chest which was claimed earler on in the game.

The only feather I'm after, at present is, as I said, the one on the beam sticking out from the wall.

Do I by any chance have to "gain" any more skills that will allow me to obtain these collectables?

Hey. I haven't checked the entire video, but it looks like it might be useful to you from the small part i checked and it looks like it is going over all of them (it is 9 minutes long after all).

Here's the video. - I apologise if there's any spoilers in the video or anything like that, but i doubt it will be anything too much considering it's just a video about collecting the treasures :P (Just a disclaimer though since like i said i didn't watch all of it hehe ).

-Emte-
    "If you cannot live together at the start; Be the one living at the end .... かもしれない" - MT4K
    Ubisoft Support.

Quote Originally Posted by MT4K View Post
    Hey. I haven't checked the entire video, but it looks like it might be useful to you from the small part i checked and it looks like it is going over all of them (it is 9 minutes long after all).

Here's the video. - I apologise if there's any spoilers in the video or anything like that, but i doubt it will be anything too much considering it's just a video about collecting the treasures :P (Just a disclaimer though since like i said i didn't watch all of it hehe ).
    Hi MTK4,

Pleasure to make your aquaintance!

The info you have provided is excellent - thanks ever so!

I'm still unsure of how I get Ezio to jump around like that but it shows that it can be done.

The only one outstanding now is that feather on the beam on the wall in Florence.

Don't be concerned about giving me spoilers - I still get a great deal from the game and they don't spoil anything for me.

Just how do you get Ezio to leap like that? Is it some skill that is earned later in the game or can it be done anyway? If so which knobs and buttons do I twiddle with?
    Last edited by Barneyboy69; 06-29-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Obvious spelling mistake!

Spoiler The only skill that you get in AC2 that affects your climbing ability is you at some point learn how to do the leap grab thing. (while on a wall and holding high profile button. Press towards the wall as if going to climb normally, but hit the jump button as well and Ezio should leap up. Then hit the empty hand button to grab onto the wall again). - This will only work obviously after you have learnt it of course. Spoiler ended

Other than that any other climbing and jumping stuff you should be able to do just fine. There are a few i suppose lesser known things that some people seem to either forget they can use, or just don't use often enough to really think to use them in some situations, but none of which are that difficult or complex really and can be figured out on your own. I'll list them anyway though just for completeness.

Standing jump: just hold high profile button down and then hit the feet button to jump. If something is above you that is obviously within reach. You can use the empty hands button to grab onto it.

Side-walljump (Which sounds like what you are having trouble with in Florence): Very easy as well, but there is a part in AC2 that is pretty famous for causing people issues because they didn't use one of these two techniques. Run up a wall and then immediatelly push to the side and press the feet/jump button again to jump in that direction with extra height from having first ran up the wall. - basically works the same as just jumping sideways while hanging on a wall. Except it can actually work on anything considering you don't HAVE to be holding on the wall to be able to jump sideways or backwards.

I may be forgetting one or two little things that people don't use very often but are still useful, but it is just because i been playing the games for so long that everything feels natural to me and i do things without even thinking as i'm sure lots of other people do these days.

Sorry if this post sounds kind of ******-ish in any way. Totally not intentional. I've edited it multiple times to try and make it sound better because when i first read through it myself it sounded a little ****** like haha
    Last edited by MT4K; 06-29-2012 at 10:37 PM.

-Emte-
    Ubisoft Support.