Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Hitman: Absolution director: 20% of players will see the last level | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

but the game is built for the people who want to go back through every single level and get all the stuff out of it.

THIS is what chaos theory and the legacy titles did right. Too many games nowadays try to cater to casual gamers when they use to push for the hardcore and I'm
    Immersive experience. I still play ( and did last week) the original titlles. BECAUSE they strived to be a serious game that set itself apart from conventional games. I'm hoping blacklist has some real "splinter cell purist" blood in it. HITMAN is not taking anything away-only adding things that are option to help casual or new gamers.

"I alone have the fifth freedom. The right to lie, cheat, steal, and kill to protect America's freedoms. If I am captured or killed my country has the right to disavow any knowledge of my existence. If I succeed in my mission nobody will ever know I was there. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell." -Fisher

XBL GAMERTAG: MANGAJEDI
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

it's weird.

i complete every single game that i own.

why would anyone waste their money like that?

I think this article is aimed at Hardcore Hitman Fans.

It's a message that the game is sticking to it's roots and is still Challenging.
    Variable speed gives more control over your walk/sneak which in turn gives your animations a personal touch and increases re-playability. It is also tied directly into the AI sound system.
    Analogue controllers where created to give you more control over your character and the Developers have a responsibility to use it.
    For me it's a no buy without it.

And this... is why we have 5-hour long campaigns nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ristar85 View Post
    it's weird.

i complete every single game that i own.

why would anyone waste their money like that?

Agreed.

The way I look at it is these games (though much more expensive) are another medium of entertainment like movies or books. Why start a book with no intentions of finishing it. Even if it is boring.

That is solely my feelings on games. You all may have a different points of view.

You wouldnt finish a movie (unless its terrible) nor a book. I don't get why video games are thoight of so differently.

Thats a sad sad statistic....but it true..I myself am guilty of not completing around 30% of the games I buy...no matter how good they are...sometimes because I lose interest, sometimes another great games along...

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

I havent finished Bioshock, Mass Effect 1, RDR, Homefront, Gears of War 1, etc.

Some of those are not my fault:

Bioshock - My fault, no excuse.
    Mass Effect 1 - Had to start over twice and something else came out
    RDR - No excuse...I needa finish it.
    GOW - Xbox RROD so oculdnt play for the longest time
    Homefront - Harddrive is busted, have to start over

Most of them was from system failures and/or other weird things. Most titles I love and adore I finish though.

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    well here is the thing, his statement may hold SOME truth, but enough with the BS.

This is where it all starts going to Games need MP to sell, player don't want SP only games, .............etc which is bullsh!t, we are already getting 6hrs SP campaign from most games, 8 at best, rarely when we see 12hrs, and 2 games a year hold 20hrs, SP is dying, I don't want next gen to be all about MP, and what's next ?!, the developer would give us 3 or 4hr SP campaign, cause casual can't finish any game longer than that, or any game that require thinking or have some sort of challenge.

I want my games to have long and entertaining SP, and above all to have replayability (which shouldn't affect the games length), target your audience, if you are targeting Stealth fans they will play your game over and over again till the next title, they will support your title, they will jump on it day one, of course assuming it is deep enough, but if you target casual action junkies, yeah you can expect that, but don't go blame it on gamers when it is your mistake for targeting the wrong audience.

That's my opinion, unless in my anger I got something wrong.
    Well that's what he is actually saying, isn't he? He is pretty much talking for the people who like to have a strong SP experience with a lot of replayability there.
    According to his words Hitman is actually going against the stream of "low"-quality SP experiences (which aren't necessarily low, but I think you know what I mean). It's that what the legacy series offered and it seems Absolution is the real sequel to Blood Money.

That's actually why I liked the Coop missions too. There length resembeled the one of previous titles and even outdoes them at times.
    Last edited by Andre202; 06-27-2012 at 06:17 PM.

like i said in the hitman forums how can u spend 60$ and not get ur money? unless its a bad game...
    but i thank IO cause
    Hitman is doing what Sc should have done
    keep all of the old gameplay and Added "As An Option That Can Be Shut Off In The Menu like HUD and Instinct" for new comers plus improve on the hardcore features

and Instinct can be customize u can keep the feature u like and removes the one u Dont
    best part M&E does not determine level design and of course can be shut off too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast