Thread: Why can't we at least preview attachments? | Forums

Why can't we at least preview attachments?

I was excited to buy a new scope for my M24 Sniper, but after I spent the 900RP i was disappointed. I went in a game, and found the scope more annoying and less helpful then before. So, this led me to wondering, can you add maybe a sandbox mode were we can test all the guns and their scopes, but maybe at a shooting range type of map. Or, maybe have a picture that pops up of what the scope looks like in-game when you hover over the attachment. I understand why the attachment is destroyed after you replace it (although I don't prefer it, I can see why) but before I spend 5 games accumulating the RP, a type of preview would be nice. This is just a friendly suggestion and i'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks for reading,
    AhellHound

Been suggested and pretty much universally supported but not implemented yet.

do you think they'll implement it eventually or have the developers not respond to the other requests?

a simple test range non-multiplayer map would be great for this kind of thing. 100 game meters long, targets at multiple ranges. or if the devs are feeling ambitious, a small non-MP map with configurable AI bots.

also, since we're talking about buying stuff. helmets need some way to preview them before purchase.

Yea I was wondering about this and didn't bother asking because I knew it would be implemented in either open beta or the full game. You figure they'd incorporate it since it exists in Future Soldier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahe11Hound View Post
    I was excited to buy a new scope for my M24 Sniper, but after I spent the 900RP i was disappointed. I went in a game, and found the scope more annoying and less helpful then before. So, this led me to wondering, can you add maybe a sandbox mode were we can test all the guns and their scopes, but maybe at a shooting range type of map. Or, maybe have a picture that pops up of what the scope looks like in-game when you hover over the attachment. I understand why the attachment is destroyed after you replace it (although I don't prefer it, I can see why) but before I spend 5 games accumulating the RP, a type of preview would be nice. This is just a friendly suggestion and i'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks for reading,
    AhellHound