Thread: VOIP suggestions | Forums

VOIP suggestions

currently, it looks like incoming voice chat is automatically set to 80-90% if you happen to go into options and look at the individual players. a majority of the time, people are too quiet and the extra boost i can put on them isn't enough. i even backed down the game sounds to try to hear them.

here's an idea. give us a range from 50% to 150% or 0% to 200% with the default being 100%. it'll give us more flexibility to boost the mumblers and squelch the loud folks.

outgoing voice chat by default is 100%, but apparently, most folks don't realize that windows has it's own mic recording volume. i would suggest hooking the mic volume to the windows recording volume if possible, making changes in the game change the windows recording volume.

also, a way to test out the microphone in the options menu wouldn't hurt. or perhaps an auto-configuration: hit a button, say a few things and the game automatically sets your outgoing to a more proper volume.
    Last edited by nl37tgt; 06-26-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Yes, we need another volume slider for voice.

At the very least we could turn down the game and turn up the overall voip volume and then individually turn down the few who are too loud.

I really agree with this post. And "a way to test out the microphone in the options menu" I think is very important so you don't need to speak to your team asking if they listen you.

Can you here me now

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneixS View Post
    I really agree with this post. And "a way to test out the microphone in the options menu" I think is very important so you don't need to speak to your team asking if they listen you.
    I agree ---- Need to self test VOIP