Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Splinter Cell Stealth Action Redefined Behind the Scenes (for Ubi and Fans) | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Quote Originally Posted by BoBwUzHeRe1138 View Post
    it was about being completely stealthy and you HAD to be. If you KOd/killed someone...you HAD to hide the body or else the alarm would sound, even if no one was there to find it. The game wanted a true stealth sequence. .
    are you high?
    I'm sure I quoted SCC vid and considered it brags a lot, are you sure you gonna tells me SCC is the game that focus on true stealth and can hides bodies???
    We do have more than 100 keys on keyboard, the melee/action key design is a failure.

......and just because people runs fast, it doesn't mean they want to jump over obstacles and kick down a door.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

OhMG, so emotional and nostalgic... In those days, Splinter Cell WAS the name of the game... ;-)
    I much more like traditional hand-made animation anyway... I must replay-whole serie agan...
    http://www.SamFisher.cz- Splinter Cell forever! (Over 25GB Splinter Cell stuffs online! 9,09GB of WMV and 8,03GB of flash 720p HD videos and 699MB HD screenshots from Conviction up to 9126x6453!)

http://www.splintercellconviction.cz - Comix Trailer 720p!

It was because it was a new concept for the time: a realistic, PURE stealth game. No mechs, clones, zombies, etc. Instead, realworld inspired political intrigue and drama as well as hollywood storytelling blended together in what could happen. Think of those "Facebook Revolutions" in Egypt, Iran, etc. Those places are traditionally thought of as not "super technologically advanced" and yet they created revolutions via facebook. The internet spurred that. Just like how in this game we start to see areas that previously didn't have telephone wires get high speed connectivity.

The game wasn't about sandbox environments, it was about being completely stealthy and you HAD to be. If you KOd/killed someone...you HAD to hide the body or else the alarm would sound, even if no one was there to find it. The game wanted a true stealth sequence. Yeah it's the most linear (although I'd contend that SCC is just about AS linear as SAR and focuses more on action) but it was also the one that punished you the most for being unstealthy. I'm not saying that's the nest thing ever, but surely none can argue that it was a revolutionary stealth game as well as the one that emphasizes stealth the most. PT let alarms go down so it was less harsh, CT gave us unsilenced options that were instant kills, the knife, alarms that only matter for the rating at the end, etc. DA gave us missions in battle zones during the day and regenerative health, a trust system and SCC is well....SCC.

Wouldn't you brag if you crafted one of the greatest stealth games ever? More over, wouldn't you brag to sell the game? Or to show what went into it? We'd never know that they may have given Sam all-white hair without these videos. This is why I also take Beland's criticisms of the old games lightly -- he was probably told to make their game sound better than the old ones...I mean, who'd buy an inferior game when the series has been top notch? So I don't think that was really him talking, but it could've been.

Sorry, I don't like when people talk crap on my favorite SC.
    Quote Originally Posted by coltcat View Post
    are you high?
    I'm sure I quoted SCC vid and considered it brags a lot, are you sure you gonna tells me SCC is the game that focus on true stealth and can hides bodies???
    Both of you got each other wrong, you are on the same side, yet tearing yourself apart LOL

It was just a misunderstanding, Bob thought Colt was talking about SAR, while Colt was actually taking about SCC, then Bob replied with SAR statements, and Colt thought he was defending SCC.

So easy guys, not a biggy.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    Both of you got each other wrong, you are on the same side, yet tearing yourself apart LOL

It was just a misunderstanding, Bob thought Colt was talking about SAR, while Colt was actually taking about SCC, then Bob replied with SAR statements, and Colt thought he was defending SCC.

So easy guys, not a biggy.
    No, I meant SCC. TROLOL NO I kid.

Sameer is right. Sorry man, I thought you meant the first game. (x

I am SOOOOO happy to see these videos! Thank you so much for posting them. I'll write more soon. Crazy busy...
    Ubisoft, please prove me wrong.

You guys know how in mgs theres that alert noise that comes up when you get spotted by a guard. Theres one is Splinter Cell as well. It wasnt included in Convcition and I dont think it was included in DA either. Right before the music switches to suspicious and the guards start becoming suspicious there like"BUM" sound. Its like a low piano key being played.

check out 0:30 seconds. You hear the noise. I also loved how they used music and sound to indicate how guards are reacting. DA did a good job at this too especially when the music started getting louder when sneaking up on a guy. sry for the off topic btw. wont happen again
    Last edited by michaelanjello; 06-28-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Makes me sad that I dont have my original SC disk anymore. Its lost somewhere ;(

Michael Ironside is Sam Fisher!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelanjello View Post
    You guys know how in mgs theres that alert noise that comes up when you get spotted by a guard. Theres one is Splinter Cell as well. It wasnt included in Convcition and I dont think it was included in DA either. Right before the music switches to suspicious and the guards start becoming suspicious there like"BUM" sound. Its like a low piano key being played.

check out 0:30 seconds. You hear the noise. I also loved how they used music and sound to indicate how guards are reacting. DA did a good job at this too especially when the music started getting louder when sneaking up on a guy. sry for the off topic btw. wont happen again
    lol no need to apologize, you're talking about the video as well as a feature from the games they show in the video. Not off topic haha (as far as I'm concerned)

And that "BUM" sound, the low piano note, that's only in SAR if I recall correctly. I think every game had their one "alert" noise for guards and even Conviction did to an extent...it's a sharp "SHING!" sound whenever the white circular arrow appears and points to the guard who almost saw you.

SAR's pinao note is my favorite indicator that you alerted the guards to your presence. The rest did the job fine, but the first one literally scared the crap out of me. Okay, not literally, but almost made me pee my pants multiple times. As for DA's music, I loved the louder and quicker music they did for DA360's "closer than ever" -- really cool.

As for DA's music, I loved the louder and quicker music they did for DA360's "closer than ever" -- really cool.
    Absolutely...DA had fantastic music...Michael McCann is a genius

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Ive loved every game's music. SCC was the weakest link IMO. It wasnt bad, just none of the music really clicked and stuck with me like the previous games. :x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast