Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: LAN Play/System link 8 players on two consoles? | Forums

  1. #1

    LAN Play/System link 8 players on two consoles?

    Hi Guys,

    I've been desperately looking out for a games that allows 8 Players to play in 2 teams of 4 players on each screen against each other on 2 PS3 consoles which are connected through LAN / System Link. Does Ghost Recon allow me to do this on a PS3 ?

    Please reply asap. Thanks !
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Nope.
    Call of Duty does though. (Just sayin')
    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter does as well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Thanks Chaos for your reply, however Call of Duty does? Are you sure? Please can you give me the specifics.

    Does Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 on PS3 have this feature?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by talljuanny View Post
    Thanks Chaos for your reply, however Call of Duty does? Are you sure? Please can you give me the specifics.

    Does Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 on PS3 have this feature?
    Hrm, putting my copy of MW2 in seems to disagree. So, I guess not... ****, I thought you could. MW3 disagrees too, and 4 does as well. Sorry, misinformation. I thought you could though, honest.

    GRAW2 on the other hand for sure, I just tested it. Though i'm on Xbox, but it should be the same. However I don't think a fast action amazing gunfight will play out in the same way it does in CoD. However, you can also do a 8 person co-op map with a ton of other dudes to shoot, so pick your poison.

    Hell there's even a game type that gives you AI dudes to add to your death matches so, yeah.
    Last edited by Chaos Isaac; 06-26-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    953
    I think you may be out of luck :S You can defiantly for a couple games on the Xbox 360, but from what I've read PS has some problems with this. I don't know if the games were designed to house 8 players on two consoles for the PS You may get a total of 4 players but I don't think you can get 8. Perhaps try posting or searching in the playstations offical forums.

    http://community.us.playstation.com/...art=0&tstart=0
    http://www.co-optimus.com/system/2/playstation-3.html
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Isaac View Post
    Hrm, putting my copy of MW2 in seems to disagree. So, I guess not... ****, I thought you could. MW3 disagrees too, and 4 does as well. Sorry, misinformation. I thought you could though, honest.

    GRAW2 on the other hand for sure, I just tested it. Though i'm on Xbox, but it should be the same. However I don't think a fast action amazing gunfight will play out in the same way it does in CoD. However, you can also do a 8 person co-op map with a ton of other dudes to shoot, so pick your poison.

    Hell there's even a game type that gives you AI dudes to add to your death matches so, yeah.

    Ok, so as I can understand it is possible to play Ghost Recon : Advances Warfighter / Future Soldier on Xbox 360 to play 4 vs 4 on 2 screens via LAN, however can someone please tell me if this is possible on the Playstation 3 ( PS3 ) ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by talljuanny View Post
    Ok, so as I can understand it is possible to play Ghost Recon : Advances Warfighter / Future Soldier on Xbox 360 to play 4 vs 4 on 2 screens via LAN, however can someone please tell me if this is possible on the Playstation 3 ( PS3 ) ?
    Well basically we want to play a team death match of 4 players on one screen against another team of 4 players on another screen .This way it will enable the team to strategize together and fight together. Also we are using 2 Projectors as our screens not regular TVs.

    So far we have found Black Ops and MW3 allows only 2 players per team to play another team of 2 via LAN , but we want to play 4 on each side. Do you know any First or Third person shooter game out there that would satisfy our requirements?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    953
    I don't think it's possible on ps3. Honeslty I would suggest posting on the offical forums, they would defiantly know if you can do it, or if there are work arounds.

    Xbox has a few games that allow 8 players, but as far as im aware there aren't any between two ps3 consoles that allow more than 4 players.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagtag1 View Post
    I don't think it's possible on ps3. Honeslty I would suggest posting on the offical forums, they would defiantly know if you can do it, or if there are work arounds.

    Xbox has a few games that allow 8 players, but as far as im aware there aren't any between two ps3 consoles that allow more than 4 players.
    :-( . Anyways, thanks Gagtag1. I have posted in the Playstation forums but don't think it is possible as there have been hardly any replies to my post but for one who says it's not possible.
    I hope PS3 comes out with games with similar LAN/Network features as XBOX 360. From what I read, XBOX is way ahead in network and multiplayer than playstation, hope Sony does something about it soon before they lose out !
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    I know XBOX 360 version of GRAW2 allows 8 players to play via LAN in 2 teams of 4 players, on 2 screens, on 2 PS3 consoles in a team death match. Can someone please confirm with me if this is the same on the PS3 as well? a simple "yes" or "no" would do. :-) Hope to hear from some one soon.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •