Thread: (STEAM/UPLAY ISSUE) - Temporary Ban from uPlay from trying to activate my games. | Forums

(STEAM/UPLAY ISSUE) - Temporary Ban from uPlay from trying to activate my games.

Hello.
    I have done a complete re-installment of my computer and all the software on it, but when it came to re-install the Assassin's Creed games amongst others, your client wouldn't let me.

I downloaded Steam and some of your games and I thought I'd try and set them up for later use, but wouldn't you know it, there's always something.

Your launcher client asked me to paste in the activation codes, but when I did it simply told me that I had already bound the code to an account.
    I thought, "well, duh" and tried again. ...and again a few more times, growing more and more frustrated after each attempt on each different game.

How do I fix this issue, as I would like to have access to my paid for games.
    (If this is by design, it's utter crap).

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA FredEx919's Avatar
    The temp ban should only last about 30 minutes. In most cases, this just means you are logging in with an account that is different then what was originally used to activate. As long as you sign in with the original account, it should always bypass the key request. If you continue to have trouble, you can submit a support ticket over at http://support.ubi.com with the key and username that you are using. We will get back with you with additional info.

I had the same problem, and I did use the same account as the account used to purchase the game and it still required me to go through this redundant process... and ultimately get temp banned by the uplay client.