Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many missions do you think there will be? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Just to be different, I think there's going to be more than 13 missions. From what I seem to gather Im hoping that your 4th Echelon recruits will need to be recruited not just thrown in your lap so to speak. So i think there'll be a handful of short missions to kinda break it up, a change of pace.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm confused at the argument that if it's made for the 360, te PS3 gets wasted space. Maybe I'm missing something but....so?

If it utilized all of the PS3, then the xbox would get a version with so much cut content. Right? Or way worse versions of it. People complain of the ports from 360 to PS3 but that's them being lazy with porting right? This wouldn't even be lazy, it'd be downright impossible to fix...or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by BoBwUzHeRe1138 View Post
    If it utilized all of the PS3, then the xbox would get a version with so much cut content. Right? Or way worse versions of it.
    Yup, unless they spread the contents on multiple disks for X360, or just develop for each console and utilize it's tech best, which is impossible.

People complain of the ports from 360 to PS3 but that's them being lazy with porting right? This wouldn't even be lazy, it'd be downright impossible to fix...or am I wrong?
    I got confused here, but anyway if you port you need to optimize, don't just port it and leave it like that.
    It isn't impossible, it would just cost more money, since developers will need to optimize the game for the PS3, fixing the problems of the port, or something.

As a matter of fact most games which are developed on the PS3 as a lead doesn't suffer when ported to the X360, same can be said if PC is the lead, but whenever X360 is the lead PS3 suffers.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Hm that's weird...shoulnd it be reverse? PS3 ports suffer on the 360 if anything? I admit I have no concept of what this sort of stuff is like.

When makeing game 360 focused the developers try to fit the content in the 7.9 - 9.4 gb range which means when placeing this content on Single layer Bluray discs they waste the additional 15.5 to 17 gigs. (SL blurays are 25gb)

And as far as adding an extra disc is concerned it is the additional costs to manufacturing that disc so I have heard. (sounds silly being just 1 extras disc) but this is what I hear.
    Variable speed gives more control over your walk/sneak which in turn gives your animations a personal touch and increases re-playability. It is also tied directly into the AI sound system.
    Analogue controllers where created to give you more control over your character and the Developers have a responsibility to use it.
    For me it's a no buy without it.

No I understand that it wastes that space, but wouldnt that mean there'd be less problems with the PS3 port since the console can easily handle it and not the other way around...?

I think I know what your saying.

360 focused games focus on GPU maximization while PS3 focused games focus on CELL/SPU maximization.

When porting a 360 game to PS3 PS3 suffers because the 360 game utilizes a larger amount of bandwidth and the 360 Unified memory architecture.
    When porting a PS3 game to 360 360 suffers becuase its weaker cpu can't duplicate easily the CELL/Spu utilization.

I think that PS3 games ported to the 360 fair better because this entire generation has had a heavy focus on GPU effects and not so much on CPU.
    That mixed with the fact that PS3 is more complicated to program for and most studios are better at programing for 360.

I hope I got what you where saying.... if not just disregard this post.
    Variable speed gives more control over your walk/sneak which in turn gives your animations a personal touch and increases re-playability. It is also tied directly into the AI sound system.
    Analogue controllers where created to give you more control over your character and the Developers have a responsibility to use it.
    For me it's a no buy without it.

I think I get it now, I'm not too technical with tech and computers. You ask me to name parts of a computer: uhh...harddrive...............................fan. ................uhm.... haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123