Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Simple Manhunt ?! | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

  1. #1

    Post Simple Manhunt ?!

    I just noticed that suggestions are over the forum now but I hope they take it in consideration !!!!!!

    A simple Manhunt mode is what I & a lot wish to see in the next AC MP as I don't believe with the current abilities this
    game has a stealth percentage as disguise is ignored in general and I one of the people who run (on defence) with a smoke & Mute
    ( I used to have disguise but not anymore) SO It will be great to have a simple Manhunt where No abilities to be used just like
    the simple deathmatch

    Note: is this idea is already suggested then accept my apology


    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    10,038
    Removing abilities from Manhunt would BREAK stealth, not support it.

    Hear whispers, or see something to suggest your pursuer is nearby, and you have only one option - RUN.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by obliviondoll View Post
    Removing abilities from Manhunt would BREAK stealth, not support it.

    Hear whispers, or see something to suggest your pursuer is nearby, and you have only one option - RUN.
    I agree but here another suggestion from you which is removing the whispers and heartbeats and providing simple abilities like morph or disguise just to avoid the annoying abilities
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    10,038
    In Manhunt, even without whispers, it will be very difficult to get into kill range of a target before they've seen you coming. As soon as they know you're there, or as soon as they have reason to SUSPECT you're close, they'll be running, because they have no abilities.

    Having a version of Manhunt with no RANGED abilities might work, but then Smoke will be even more powerful because of its ability to be thrown. And it still wouldn't be stealthy.

    And limiting some abilities while allowing others just wouldn't work. You can't say "that ability's annoying, get rid of it" like that, because everyone has a different opinion on what abilities are "annoying" and what's fair.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP_baghdad View Post
    [SIZE=2]I just noticed that suggestions are over the forum now but I hope they take it in consideration !!!!!!

    A simple Manhunt mode is what I & a lot wish to see in the next AC MP as I don't believe with the current abilities this
    game has a stealth percentage as disguise is ignored in general and I one of the people who run (on defence) with a smoke & Mute
    ( I used to have disguise but not anymore) SO It will be great to have a simple Manhunt where No abilities to be used just like
    the simple deathmatch
    I agree and have tried a game of manhunt where we had a rule that you couldn't use abilities and it worked out ok. With the right group of people playing it would work out well with some ground rules in place (ie: no running away when you hear whispers - instead trying to sneak away in a group or get a naked stun). I feel it could make for a much more stealthy game on both offense and defense if everyone is on board with the concept.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    10,038
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestPainter View Post
    I agree and have tried a game of manhunt where we had a rule that you couldn't use abilities and it worked out ok. With the right group of people playing it would work out well with some ground rules in place (ie: no running away when you hear whispers - instead trying to sneak away in a group or get a naked stun). I feel it could make for a much more stealthy game on both offense and defense if everyone is on board with the concept.
    If the mode only works when players stick to rules outside of the game mechanics, it doesn't work.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by obliviondoll View Post
    If the mode only works when players stick to rules outside of the game mechanics, it doesn't work.
    It doesn't work as a general game mode with random lobbies I agree, but that's not to say that the idea is bad or unplayable if you have a group of people that want to play that way. That's what private lobbies are for.

    ... it has been argued that manhunt doesn't work either, even while sticking the game mechanics ...
    Last edited by EldestPainter; 06-23-2012 at 05:13 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    well my idea just came when i suggested to my friends to do it and it was way better than any mode i played beside this is what the game about approaching your target without him/her noticing or u failed ............. it is not a sport game or cod
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •