Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to climb up on a pillar in The Baths of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands ? | Forums

Ok, there was nothing wrong with the game it was a faulty controller, I have to purchase another controller, and now I suspect the one I had was a fake controller, vendor played with me and given me a fake controller with the console. Can anyone please help me understand how can I ascertain that my old controller is a fake or genuine. I have purchased another controller and it is working fine.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by nice_guy75 View Post
    Ok, there was nothing wrong with the game it was a faulty controller, I have to purchase another controller, and now I suspect the one I had was a fake controller, vendor played with me and given me a fake controller with the console. Can anyone please help me understand how can I ascertain that my old controller is a fake or genuine. I have purchased another controller and it is working fine.
    It could also be a used controller that was damaged somehow. I mean, if you can't tell from the outside and if it could interact with the game well enough for you to load your files and start playing etc., then it's probably not fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Gi1t View Post
    It could also be a used controller that was damaged somehow. I mean, if you can't tell from the outside and if it could interact with the game well enough for you to load your files and start playing etc., then it's probably not fake.
    Even I have shown that controller to some other vendors as well and most of them are unable to say about the controller.

Yes, I had not faced any problem what so ever with most of the games even with the prince of persia as well its only on the pole it doesn't work properly. Though there are few more games in which I have faced problems like Mortal Combat, Ben 10 and COD MW3. But you won't able to figure out easily unless you know that what options work in that game. and what not.

Even I have shown that controller to some other vendors as well and most of them are unable to say about the controller.

Yes, I had not faced any problem what so ever with most of the games even with the prince of persia as well its only on the pole it doesn't work properly. Though there are few more games in which I have faced problems like Mortal Combat, Ben 10 and COD MW3. But you won't able to figure out easily unless you know that what options work in that game. and what not.
    Ah. Yeah, I can understand it then. A store could sell a controller like that without ever knowing it had a flaw since the flaw is too minor to be present in all games.

Case in point, my first 360 controller. The control stick is worn enough to where the stick leans a bit off-center. On most games this might occasionally cause a character to walk slowly in that direction, and wasn't even remotely problematic when playing since my finger is on the stick when I'm playing. It didn't affect any of the games I own, HOWEVER, my friend brought over Morta Kombat one day and when he started that game with my controllerm the menu cursor freaked the hell out. XD

I guess you can at least use it for those other games. But yeah, that controller's legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gi1t View Post
    Ah. Yeah, I can understand it then. A store could sell a controller like that without ever knowing it had a flaw since the flaw is too minor to be present in all games.

Case in point, my first 360 controller. The control stick is worn enough to where the stick leans a bit off-center. On most games this might occasionally cause a character to walk slowly in that direction, and wasn't even remotely problematic when playing since my finger is on the stick when I'm playing. It didn't affect any of the games I own, HOWEVER, my friend brought over Morta Kombat one day and when he started that game with my controllerm the menu cursor freaked the hell out. XD

I guess you can at least use it for those other games. But yeah, that controller's legit.
    Thanks for your time, if my controller is legitimate, can't I get it replaced from Microsoft? If yes, what is the process to get it replaced?

I also wish to know what are the things one should keep in mind when go for purchasing a genuine controller?

Thanks for your time, if my controller is legitimate, can't I get it replaced from Microsoft? If yes, what is the process to get it replaced?

I also wish to know what are the things one should keep in mind when go for purchasing a genuine controller?
    If it's really a problem you can go back to whoever sold it to you and tell them what's wrong with it as long as you haven't had it for too long. If you've had it for more than a month or two, they might not be able to take it back (they can't be sure it wasn't you who damaged it).

Not a big deal either way. You can just test out any controller you buy and if there's something wrong, they can usually replace it if you just bought it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123