Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 2 Questions, please with your knowledge help!? | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

  1. #1

    2 Questions, please with your knowledge help!?

    Ok if anyone has any idea about some of these questions, maybe you played the game at E3 or saw footage but here they are.

    Question 1: On the snow collapse, does it kill your oppenat or auto stun them if they get trapped in it?

    Question 2: Anyone seen or heard any info if tree's will be in MP? it would be kind of silly if they did not add one of AC3 biggest new feature.

    Bonus Question: Any word on a split-screen multiplayer? Me and my Girlfriend live at the same house and we can't afford to buy another ps3 and tv but we really want to play together, I know it may seem like cheating but considering you have mics you generally know what's going on anyway. Any word on splitscreen multiplayer for AC3? not sure if it's possible because of the graphics. Call of duty has weaker graphics and animations compared to AC so I am not sure if the screen could handle two screens with those graphics and animations but I would really love it to be implemented and the reason I said call of duty is because they have split screen multiplayer.
    Last edited by mockers00; 06-22-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    10,038
    1. I haven't seen 100% confirmation on a source I can reference, but Loomer was at E3 and has said that they act like normal chasebreakers, no stun/kill, just blocking pursuit.

    2. I don't know this, but I hope it's in, because not having that would be more disappointing than Smoke Bombs already are.

    Bonus: Definitely confirmed NOT to be in the game. Sorry. My girlfriend and I share a PS3 (or did until it died, and will do so again when we finally get a new one), so I definitely see the reason to want this.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by obliviondoll View Post
    1. I haven't seen 100% confirmation on a source I can reference, but Loomer was at E3 and has said that they act like normal chasebreakers, no stun/kill, just blocking pursuit.

    2. I don't know this, but I hope it's in, because not having that would be more disappointing than Smoke Bombs already are.

    Bonus: Definitely confirmed NOT to be in the game. Sorry. My girlfriend and I share a PS3 (or did until it died, and will do so again when we finally get a new one), so I definitely see the reason to want this.
    Thanks for the info, that really sucks about no splitscreen co-op. It really would have been a liked feature by players. Must of been hard to implement or something, hopefully but doubtfully in an update if we ask for it they can add it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mockers00 View Post
    Thanks for the info, that really sucks about no splitscreen co-op. It really would have been a liked feature by players. Must of been hard to implement or something, hopefully but doubtfully in an update if we ask for it they can add it.
    It would've been great, yeah. Thank God for tax returns, my wife and I both play ACR, and we've been playing together since February

    It seems to be the trending thing, though. Split screen cuts into the publisher's cash flow, it's been becoming less and less common as of late for anything that's not a FPS. Though I admit it would be much more difficult to play ACR with your field of vision cut in half.
    I'm in yer base stealin yer artifacts on XBL as guitargod33
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    10,038
    There are field of view considerations, but there's also the problem of graphics. To effectively manage splitscreen, there has to be a compromise in graphical quality for the system to be able to cope. Basically, there are two possibilities. Either they can scale back the graphics for the whole game, and get criticism for poor graphical quality, or they can scale back the graphics just for the splitscreen mode and get criticised for a "tacked on" splitscreen mode because the graphics aren't as good as in single player.

    For Assassin's Creed, the only viable single-system multiplayer option would be a "combat arena" type setup using the original game's combat system. It's possible the new combat system in AC3 is actually balanced for PvP combat, but if not, the first game's system is the only way combat will work between players.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by obliviondoll View Post
    There are field of view considerations, but there's also the problem of graphics. To effectively manage splitscreen, there has to be a compromise in graphical quality for the system to be able to cope. Basically, there are two possibilities. Either they can scale back the graphics for the whole game, and get criticism for poor graphical quality, or they can scale back the graphics just for the splitscreen mode and get criticised for a "tacked on" splitscreen mode because the graphics aren't as good as in single player.

    For Assassin's Creed, the only viable single-system multiplayer option would be a "combat arena" type setup using the original game's combat system. It's possible the new combat system in AC3 is actually balanced for PvP combat, but if not, the first game's system is the only way combat will work between players.
    Now that you mentioned something about PVP combat, I wonder if they have any mode that will be different from the regular multiplayer combat and etc. Also tho I think the single player combat looks really similar to the old, I mean obviously it's changed and it's smoother and the you have dual weapons and apparently it's faster but it's somewhat the same.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •