Thread: Frontier Mode/Map for multiplayer *Must read* | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Revolution Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity Official E3 2014 Co-op Commented Demo [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity: Introduction to Arno [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity E3 2014 World Premiere Cinematic Trailer [US]

Frontier Mode/Map for multiplayer *Must read*

Update: Cover system will not be a system just like an auto type thing that happens but this does not mean it can't be done, ur assins can automatically croutch in bushes in single player so it could still be possible to hide and stuff in a mode like this or map. Plus eveni if you can't technically hide this mode can still work.

Ok, so with this big Frontier added to AC3 it would seem kind of useless to waste it's forest just with some small camp maps now wouldn't it?. Now even though we saw no cover system at the E3 MP map, they did confirm they will use the cover system in AC3 Multiplayer *I specifically remember hearing this at E3 if someone could post a source that would be swell*

Now my theory for this mode or map is this here.

This new mode or map *I prefer mode* would consist of no people walking around besides the players *"WOAH YOUR DUMB" before you close this thread please read* What if they use stealth/Cover system for this mode or map, For example: *First off the map's would not be extremely huge where someone could hide miles away but a decent sized environment of nature elements* You would use the enviorment and cover system to hide and track your oppenates. The mode would consist of awesome hiding, traps, stealth and awesome treetop/enviroment free running. The option to choose left or right on the tree tops to shortcut to kill your enemy would be epic graphic scene.

Think about the possabilties of the frontier for cover and stealth, Cover behind rocks, Tree's and Tree trunks, fallen trees or Hide underneath water, treetops, snow and bushes.

For the mode I am not sure the specific's of how it would work or the purpose and how tracking your oppent would work but by making the maps not ouragously big and leaving clues and maybe using snow to track oppents and maybe the footprints would glow to show it's your oppenat. The possabilties are really endless.

For just a map which I said before I hope it has it's own mode, but if it's just a map, I suppose it would basically play out the same just without people.

What do you guys think? Awesome frontier stealth and awesome treetop chases or what? add any idea's to this and please give me some feedback on what you think about it.

I think by adding this. it would evolve the MP we have now and we would still have the normal MP, just an extra awesome mode.
    Last edited by mockers00; 06-22-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    I get that crouching in bushes is awesome, but in most situations, what benefit does the cover system give that just standing behind the wall/cliff wouldn't do just as well? And with a cover system, you have the problem that moving away from cover becomes more difficult. And the video I linked earlier where it's specifically stated by the Multiplayer Director that there ISN'T a cover system in multiplayer is a pretty solid source countering the idea.

I'm NOT saying it's a bad idea, just that it's not in the game. It's a great idea, but it would have to be a DLC addition. And it wouldn't work as a MAP, but as a separate MODE with its own maps, it would be a nice contrast to the current multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by obliviondoll View Post
    I get that crouching in bushes is awesome, but in most situations, what benefit does the cover system give that just standing behind the wall/cliff wouldn't do just as well? And with a cover system, you have the problem that moving away from cover becomes more difficult. And the video I linked earlier where it's specifically stated by the Multiplayer Director that there ISN'T a cover system in multiplayer is a pretty solid source countering the idea.

I'm NOT saying it's a bad idea, just that it's not in the game. It's a great idea, but it would have to be a DLC addition. And it wouldn't work as a MAP, but as a separate MODE with its own maps, it would be a nice contrast to the current multiplayer.
    Yeah I feel you, without a good cover system it kind of makes it a little less effective, but it could still be done without it, with several diffrent hiding mechanics and tree top stealth. Maybe a DLC for sure, if no cover system aslong as maybe your oppent would kneel behind rocks if they were not big enough to block your whole body, and being able to go underneath water.

It's kind of like a hide-n-seek game in the wilderness using more tree top free running and nature stealth and traps without using npc humans. I think it would be a fresh of breathe air in the franchise and a good mode without npc's
    Last edited by mockers00; 06-22-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Anyone else like this idea?