Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction crashing my PC | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Hi, please contact technical support, the link is in my signature.

Also please be civil to each other.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello PakiraAisaka... I would like to apologize for insulting and offending you... it was not my initial intention... I'm sorry.

I would also like to explain in detail what I referring to when I said your (new) hardware is unsupported by Splinter Cell Conviction: When game developers program a game, they create (within the game itself) built-in program/code/software (drivers) that communicate with your hardware (with respect to the game) based on the most popular hardware available on the market at the time of development. In Splinter Cell Convictions case this is the hardware list Ubisoft decided they were going to focus their attention/time/effort/money to develop the game around... all other hardware that is not on the list is considered unsupported. Understand that "unsupported" does not necessarily mean that it won't work. In fact: Intel and AMD Processors stand an excellent chance of being recognized by older (even unsupported) games/software because the Architecture in the chips are similar enough to be upward/downward compatible... but this is the exception and not the rule. Now video and audio hardware is a completely different story... in fact: if your video card is not on the list of supported cards, your chances of successfully getting your video card to work is less than slim. Splinter Cell Convictions built-in program/code/software (drivers that allow the game to communicate with your video card) can only recognize successfully (and guaranteed to work 100% because they have been thoroughly tested) are the video cards on the list. Again... this does not necessarily mean that your unsupported video card won't work... it very well could work, but most-likely not. No-one knows because it has not been tested (or programmed into the game) to recognize/work with your video card... and so Ubisoft cannot guarantee it will work nor support it. If your lucky, your unsupported "new" video card can/will be recognized by Splinter Cell Conviction as a supported model with very similar Architecture and it will work, but again, this is the exception and not the rule. Usually, if you have a (new) unsupported video card that is recognized and allows you into the game, you can/will experience strange things... such as crashes, tearing, poor frame rates etc. It's a big misconception that Ubisoft Splinter Cell Conviction is continually testing brand new hardware/software for compatibility... they are not. Most (if not all) software companies put very little attention/time/effort/money going back to the drawing board (so-to-speak) to design built-in program/code/software (drivers; not windows drivers) that will communicate with any new/future hardware once the game is in "Final Production" and out-the-door. All this attention/time/effort/money will be put in the new version of Splinter Cell. Good luck.

bump

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12