1. Put in customization for pistols.
Do I even have to say anything about this?
2. Shotguns and nerfs mix perfectly. Even though the devs already nerfed it.
One-hit kills, but only 4 pellets hit you. The most annoying thing about this gun is that EVERYONE F**KING camps with it on that skyscraper map. When our team charges B (in Onslaught) you see 5 shotgun users spawn camping it out for the rest of the match. This makes it impossible to even win any game on the map unless you're doing it yourself. Nerf the shotgun's damage, or put in anti-spawn camping mechanics in the skyscraper map.
3. Destroying attachments? Seriously?
I don't think the Devs have ever heard of this, but it's something called "TESTING ATTACHMENTS OUT AND SEEING WHICH ONE FITS YOUR PLAYSTYLE"
And don't forget that everyone here has wanted to remove attachments from 1 gun and put it on another. But sadly, we cannot.
4. Switching classes in-game
Have you ever had that issue where you forgot to change class in the lobby and you wanted to switch it to Assault/Specialist (because mostly everyone in the game uses Recon, lol)? But then you can't, and even when you change your weapon to an SMG you get killed multiple times as close-range automatic weapons aren't for you?
Well, I introduce devs to a frequently asked-for suggestion called "SWITCHING CLASSES IN-GAME", like so, you should simply press I and then click "change class". After choosing the class, you have to respawn/die to switch to it.
5. Aegis shield is ******ed
What was going through the Dev's minds when they made this?
"HURR DURR LET'S MAKE AN OVERPOWERED SHIELD IN THE GAME, IT'LL TOTALLY ATTRACT NEWBIES AND PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GHOST RECON GAMES TO SPAM IT, IT'S GOING TO BE VERY ENJOYABLE DURR HURR"
It's funny, because it's made to obstruct enemy bullets, but lets allies and yourself shoot through the shield? Does that make any sense? No it does not. It's actually a contradiction if you think about it.
For the people who don't know how to read implicitly, read below.
What the suggestion is, that you cannot shoot enemies outside the Aegis shield. Simple as that. It's balanced, the Aegis Shield should only serve to distract enemy fire or simply protect allies while rushing a objective.
6. Sound issues...?
I've never had sound issues in the game, but recently some people have been talking about sound issues. Even a GM (TheDuchess) has been talking about it.
I think the devs should just ask around and check if there's sound issues in the game.
7. Helmets should add headshot protection, but the more headshot protection there is, the less faster you can run.
8. All headshots with a sniper rifle should be a one-hit kill
I don't want to see people post "OMG THIS IS CLOSED BETA SHUT UP NERD". No. Just no. This is PHASE 3 of the Closed Beta. It includes so many things in the updates but none of them influenced my point of view in the game.
My rating so far: 5.8/10. FYI, I'm not hating, just simply stating feedback about the game.
My rating if the game would have these updates: 10/10, perfect.
Thanks for the feedback! The more opinions the developers receive, the better this game will be!
1.) Pistol customization:
I would also like to see this, but it should be severely limited, maybe to only one attachments per gun.
Shotguns are tough to deal with; I agree. Going up against five shotguns must be terrible, but I ensure you that was just bad luck. Most matches you won't see more than two people on a team with shotguns. As for nerfing them, we haven't really tested it long enough to come to a conclusion; they were nerfed maybe a week before Closed Beta Phase 2 ended.
3.) Destroying attachments:
I agree with the developers on this one. There will come a point where we will have too much RP than we can spend, and making us buy new attachments to new guns is a way to remedy this. As for testing out attachments, I'm sure they're considering this. There have been many, many people who have suggested this, and the developers are very good at listening to the majority opinion.
4.) Switching classes in-game:
This will never be implemented, and I believe that's good. Being restricted to a single class while in-game forces you to learn how to adapt to different situations using the class you have. If you are simply not having fun with the class you selected, you can back out of the game and switch classes. However, I believe I've heard rumors of being able to change classes during warm-up, though with the announcement made during the Dolls & Devs interview, that might not happen.
In the interest of full disclosure, my main character is an LMG Specialist with AEGIS.
AEGIS is perfect as it is, in my opinion. It slows the character to a walk, and he becomes a bullet magnet. Contrary to common sense, bullets CAN go through the AEGIS, though it is rare, and the AEGIS will deactivate earlier if it soaks up bullets. (It has a "durability," and when that is depleted, the bubble is popped!) Disallowing the Specialist to fire will be too harsh a nerf, as he will no longer be a threat.
6.) Sound issues:
I can't speak to this, as my sound has been all right. However, be sure to submit a bug report using the link in my signature.
That's a good suggestion!
That's not a good suggestion. A fully decked-out Assault is a formidable opponent for a sniper, and if he could die in only one shot, he has less of an incentive to get better gear. The starting sniper rifle is terrible; I agree. However, you should be able to kill most people with one headshot each using the level 5 or 10 sniper rifles. Remember to level up your guns for higher critical hit chances!
2. It isn't bad luck if I see people do this every match. It's just the actual shotgun itself and the community who decides to exploit it.
3. "There will come a point where we will have too RP then we can spend"
I don't quite agree with you, as a lot of the high level weapons cost more than 4000. Most attachments also cost more than 900, and RP rates in this game are VERY, VERY low. I usually only get 150 RP per match, and that's only if the match was 10-15 more minutes long and I did good in it.
4. Aw, that's a sad thing to see. I don't want to be "forced" to adapt into a class. I should adapt when I want to. We gamers should have the freedom to choose what we want anytime.
Also, SOME people (such as me) CANNOT adapt to certain classes, for instance I just can't get as many kills with specialist as I can with Assault or Recon.
5. In your point of view, it's perfect because you're the one using it.
"Contrary to common sense, bullets CAN go through the AEGIS, though it is rare"
AGAIN, another contradiction. If bullets can only go through the AEGIS at "rare times" then that should be with the AEGIS user himself. IT takes nearly up to 5 clips just to disable the AEGIS.
And he will no longer be a threat???? He has an LMG and shotgun. I don't see how I have to say anything about that.
8. I don't see how it's not a good suggestion, as ANY sniper rifle in the world would instantly kill you if it goes through the head. Yeah, the higher level sniper rifles do insta-kill but doesn't that make it unfair for the lower level Recons?
I've honestly only seen half a dozen shotgunners, me being one of them. The assault rifles are usually much more universal. In regards to RP, I am currently at 9000 RP and am too lazy to spend it on anything.
900RP is actually quite cheap. That's 3 or 4 rounds for a permanent attachment. In Blacklight, that's 3 or 4 rounds for an item that expires in 24 hours.
No one forces you to play Specialist. I have a 23 Recon, 24 Assault, 1 Specialist. Have I ever played a match with Specialist? No. I choose not to simply because I'm too busy playtesting Recon and Assault.
In regards to AEGIS, HEAT pretty much locks it down. Goes right through, stops them from shooting, they can't run, and they can't hide.
Just a comment on pistol customization, red dots just aren't used in the real world by special forces on pistols at all. They're reserved for competitive race guns and mall ninjas who have to put "tacticool" accessories on everything. A pistol is your backup weapon for when **** hits the fan or when your primary weapon isn't working. Because of that, you want it to be as basic as possible.
The only attachments I'd consider recommending would be suppressors*, extended magazines, and Battlefield 3 style lasers or lights that distort your enemies view (except not a tactical sun like in BF3, must less bright).
* There are no such things as silencers, since a suppressor doesn't completely muffle all sounds the gun makes.
I don't see what you're trying to prove by saying that, but in Blacklight Retribution you can get a 24 hour item in 1 round. And 1 round is only 10 minutes at tops (5 minutes at least).
That wasn't my point, my point was to change classes in-game. Not that we are forced to play classes. The mod just told me we have to be forced to adapt to a class... You think I'm OK with that?
That makes you have to play Assault, and LIKE I SAID IN THE THREAD, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHANGE CLASSES IN-GAME IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS.
And how many parts do you need on the gun? Like 5 or 6 to assemble a full rifle. All of my weapons that I have, have been untouched for 5 or 6 weeks. Once you're done customizing it, it's over.
In regards to being forced to adapt to a class, what are you adapting to? An enemy class? All abilities are pretty easy to counter with teamwork, and some are counterable solo.
There are always times when playing another class would have been a better choice, but changing them on the fly muddies the experience and discourages the need for teamwork. I don't want to see One Man Armies filling in every role as needed, nor do I want to imagine the balancing issues as a result. Plenty of games lock you into your class specialization. BFP4F, BFH, Planetside, Blacklight all have pretty rigid character specializations that you can't change on the fly, and they're all in the same genre.
i've been thinking of things along these lines as well.
1. suppressors and extended mags for pistols would be ok. but like someone else said, red dots on pistols aren't typically used unless they're for speed shooting competitions. an underbarrel aiming laser would make more sense. if night maps are ever considered, maybe a flashlight or dazzler (a blinding device).
2. shotguns are suppose to be devastating at close range, as such they should be effective up to 20-30 meters, you might get 3 pellets to hit, beyond that you're just slinging lead in the hopes of wounding someone. the higher ranking shoguns have a tighter pattern, perhaps too tight. also, i'm now wondering how many pellets are fired from each shot. i think 3" 12 gauge 00 buckshot has 7 or 8 pellets per round, could be wrong.
3. for certain attachments like mags and suppressors, it makes some sense. magazines are unique to the weapon and suppressors are usually tooled to the weapon as well. but sighting systems and grips are usually compatible with anything since most modern weapons use a standardized picatinny rail attachment system. i think certain items (sights, grips, bipods, the IR laser) should be able to be swapped between weapons. if the devs are worried about balance they could raise the item initial cost a bit and/or charge a mounting fee for the swappable items.
also, it seems that weapons sell for 10% of what they originally cost and the game doesn't consider the attachments when computing the sell price. i think if a gun sells with attachments, the attachments should be considered in the return or perhaps raise the percentage up to 20-30% of the base weapon's buy price.
4. switching class in a match wouldn't be a bad thing. they could even throw an achievement in with it. call it "multi-tasker" or "make up your mind already."
5. i don't think aegis is OP, annoying, but not OP. there's quite a few ways to counter it. both of assault's devices can counter it. specialist's blackout counters it. grenades counter it. also, flanking and closing in and busting a cap counters it as well.
6. haven't experienced any sound issues that i'm aware of. a few graphical glitches though. and the occasional getting shot thru hard cover because of lag either on my end or theirs.
7. yeah, it's a shame that helmets currently are only a vanity item, there's so much that can be done with them. an armor value is just one thing. since these helmets are wired for sound, maybe they can alter the color or design of the UI, that might be interesting. or maybe add something to the UI. not sure what exactly, but the devs can get creative.
8. kinda on the fence on this one. i get popped in the head quite often by snipers with my assault, any it usually kills if it's not the starter rifle. if it doesn't kill, it really hurts. although, the starter rifle can kill the other classes in one shot to the head.
Last edited by nl37tgt; 06-23-2012 at 11:45 PM.