Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just started playing.... | Forums

And another big question is how do I get the round pen to light up? When the horses have had their food, water and attention only the petting zoo lights up (and sometimes the breeding shed, but now I need breeding badges and don't know where to buy them). There must be more secrets to this game. I've been over the instructions a dozen time, sigh
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

How do I get the round pen to light up? After I feed, water and care for each horse it only wants to go to the petting zoo or breeding shed.
    Is only one foal at a time allowed to grow in the breeding shed? And where do I buy breeding badges? Thank you for your help

Be sure to check our guides in this forum:

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.p...uides-amp-Help

Enjoy!

There are a few reasons your horse might not be able to do anything but the petting zoo. 1. Its to old and has retired, But a retired horse will still light up breeding stations. 2. You have to give your horse the special treats (carrot, cookies, apples etc) or the round pen wont light up and you cant train your horse. Treats are imperative to training which in turn gives you breeding badges. This is the only thing you have to give them treats for them to be able to do something. 3. Your horse isnt old enough. Your horse cant start training in the round pen until it is no longer a foal. I think its about 3 trips to the petting zoo and then it turns into an adult horse.

Thank you for that info. I've read all the instructions and guides and they don't cover everything. My horse was doing great in the small round pen. Finished the first section then moved on to the second one and completed two of that one. Now after I fed and watered and petted the corral won't light up anymore. What's up with that? About the treats...it wont' let me feed it any more baked cookies even though I've won some and I have a bakery (yet no baker).Please tell me what to do next. I thought I was to train the horse to the finals. And I need to get rid of a horse, I bought the rainbow (makes me feel mean) but how do you get rid of an old horse?
    Thank you
    Last edited by GraceKelley2012; 06-22-2012 at 04:49 AM.

I am so frustrated. I have a horse with 5 breeding badges. I put her in the breeding barn and it won't let me use the badges for colorful coats. What are the breeding badges for?

You will have to have a baker before you can make treats in your bakery and that will take a friend. The breeding badges are used to try and get the foal you want. This includes coat color, mane color, gender etc. When you first start with a breed of horse you will not be able to make all the trait selections that you want. For example, the game starts you out with a saddlebred that will only age to 20 before it retires. You take that horse and train it for breeding badges so you can use those badges to try and "genetically" engineer your foal (the color gender etc).

Now when you first start off with a new breed of horse like the one they give you at the beginning the traits that you can tweak are not all unlocked. You can only change so many at first. In order to unlock more traits that you can tweak to try and get the foal that you want you have to keep breeding that breed of horse. The breeding badges not only allow you to change the characteristics of your foal but it also counts towards the level of that breed. I'll use my saddlebred for an example. Right now I have that breed of horse 3 breeding badges away from lvl 11. The next time I breed a saddlebred and use at least 3 breeding badges I will unlock the ability to use the color brown black for a foal. If you would like to check where you are for your horses level click on the ribbon icon beside the inventory icon. Once the achievements screen pops up click the tab with the golden heart breeding badge. Here you can see what level the breed of horse is, how many breeding badges until the next level, what has been unlocked, and what you can unlock later as you progress in that breed.

Now in order to get your retired horses to go over the rainbow so to speak, you first have to make them happy. Once they are happy and able to do an action ( when they are retired the only things they can do is breed and petting zoo) you will see the rainbow light up. Hover over the rainbow and you will see a little icon with the game girl Michelle. Click on that and your horse will walk over there and go over the rainbow

Before I go I would like to give you a tip on getting the most breeding badges. This is what I do. I have breeding horses and competition horses. The competition horses are trained in one discipline until they reach whatever level I desire and then the rest of their life they do that one competition that they were trained for. My breeding horses on the other hand need as many breeding badges that I can get to help ensure I get the foal I want. In order to accomplish this I train them in everything since you get a breeding badge for each level that you reach in each discipline. I go through and get them level one on everything and then repeat on level two, three, etc until they retire. This will ensure you get the most breeding badges possible. Hopefully this answered all your questions.

Thanks, AmandaRoberts and TwilightFarms!

When you breed your horse the choices you make regarding colours patterns etc will use up your available breeding badges; if you use more than you have available a button will light up below the indicator that now says "8 of 6 badges used" (or similar) for you to buy more badges.

Last time I did this it didn't tell me how much the badges were, just deducted the facebook coins from my account - it turns out they were five coins each - fb coins then, probably five saddledollars now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12