These are some of the features that I think the final GRO must have (personal opinion):
- the character should have a sprint option (the character's default must be a fast pace movement but you should also make him sprint if you want)
- TEAM DEATHMATCH AND FREE FOR ALL MODES (I don't think it has this modes, we need them)
- steady scope/hold breath (is there such a feature now?)
- weapons must have less recoil, the automatic ones (the recoil in game is huge, even higher than reality)
- more maps (around 8-10 maps for start, its still beta so they will come)
- bigger maps (just hide and snipe)
- shouldn't get in game at the last seconds (you shouldn't be allowed to get in a match at the end of it, it annoying)
- there should be a map cycle (like in Battlefield, COD, CS, etc.)
These are only a few features that I think GRO should have in the end (if I think of more I will post). Remember this is my personal opinion. I know this is still beta but final version is just around the corner so get your ideas out and maybe the developers "hear" you.
Feel free to add or remove from my list.
Nerfed snipers, they are so overpowered.
1. Last session of GRO, there was a sprint option I believe.
2. It's a tactical team based shooter, so definitely no free-for-all. Maybe a team deathmatch, but just hunting people randomly is not what I would consider tactical.
3. First, I have yet to see a person who can hold a gun perfectly still while holding his breath. Second, sniper rifles are already pretty powerful, if they can shoot perfectly the recon class will probably be used even more and the chances of teams being unbalanced will be even higher.
4. I have yet to test this, so no comment on that.
5. I'm afraid I have to disappoint you. As far as I know, no new maps will be released (what happens after final release is unknown to me). It's easier to do bug fixing and test game mechanics if you only have a couple of maps.
6. I agree with bigger maps, but for the same reason as above I don't think they will come (yet). Also hiding and sniping? Maybe help the team a bit instead of just killing? I don't expect snipers to fight at the front, but as recon you are supposed to provide information on the field and/or counter other snipers.
7. Completely agree with that.
8. Maybe, but for testing the game mechanics, they probably want to have as much different fights with different players. If players don't have to redo a search, they most likely keep fighting with/against the same other players.
And I am pretty sure developers do read these posts.
Thanks for the comments guys.
BigGhostDaddy - yes there is a faster movement in the game but its not sprinting. I know the soldiers have a lot of gear on them and running fast is kinda hard but in this game, with all those snipers around you need to have a faster movement from cover to cover. Hold the gun in one hand and run like crazy (or maybe not like that) but at least sprint like in BF3 or COD, will give you a chance against them.
- we also need a spotting option (like in BF3) - since its a team game we should work as a team (haven't play much but I didn't see one)
- maybe I am wrong but pistols feel kinda weak
- thermal scopes (now that would be very nice)
- need FMJ or other hardened bullets for more cover penetration (there is always someone hiding after a wall or something)
- the grenade throwing system is confusing, the normal system like in the other games is better (at least for me)
- smoke and flash grenades would be nice
Yeah build in sprinting to add even more CoD-like gameplay! .... Really?
TDM? Ehrm ... no comment ...
Have you some ideas how to mangage the map cycle? Who is in charge? ..
Spotting option got huge problems and devalue the oracle device.
There is cover you can shot through.
Less recoil? Again more CoD? And game != reality, there is a reason why there is a certain amount of recoil and i feel fine.
Learn to compensate it by using your mouse. Deviation is another thing but is also good IMHO.
Less spray n' pray, more tactic.
More maps, yep.
Larger maps? Yeah maybe, more complex ones with more than one or two big tube(s) to move along would be nice.
Smoke and Flash?
Wait, you havent even tryed to search for related topics?
Chill down Klaue_.What is wrong with you? It's a FORUM (express your ideas and thinks like that). And what do you have against COD and BF3? Those games set the standard for modern shooters, but that doesn't mean copy them. All of those are just my opinions, that doesn't mean that they will be put in game. And if you want to talk about tactical. OK. This game wants to be TACTICAL but in gameplay it can't. You must play with someone you know to make it that, with friends but with strangers it will never be a team based tactical game. Everyone is playing for himself, they don't care about teamwork or flags but only how many kills they have. So a TDM or Free For All would just be right for 90% of players. And don't be so aggressive! Are you that angry german kid from youtube?!?
BF and CoD are simple action-ego-shooters.
But we are talking about a series that brought up a father of tactic-shooters.
I dont want another copy and past ********, i want back to the roots or stay as close as possible because thats brought most of the fun to me.
If someone want BF or CoD, then just play this crap ....
You know the Devs looking realy into this forum and get inspired by ideas and discussion. If enough BF and CoD fanboys support such ideas, things could went the down road again.
Btw iam not agressive at all, its just the way you read it and respond to it with pseudo impressions that are not real.
OK Klaue_. It seems that you really want this game to work and work not as a COD or BF3 copy. I respect that. Will see in the end who was right (COD/BF3 fans or the rest). Cheers
Klaue_ is a troll he digs at everyone's posts i dont even think he/she ever played the game hardly because it always posting in the forums making people mad with his/hers nonsense.
Wouldn't worry too much just dont respond to anything Klaue_ posts just ignore it.
Klaue_ seems to react "a bit" aggressive, but I agree with him that this game can definitely not become a COD or BF like game.
1. Tom Clancy games are tactical first person shooters (with the exception of EndWar which is a Tactical Real Time Strategy) . COD and BF are just first person shooters.
2. Tom Clancy games try to approach reality with some game-mechanics to keep it interesting (lvl-system, different weapons do different damage/provide different experience [=> In reality any bullet kills you => not really fun to play],...).
To comment on some other posts:
Second there is a chat. Use it.
There is special kind of ammo to increase damage and as Klaue_ said, some walls/obstacles can be penetrated.
What is so confusing about it? I haven't played the new session yet, but last session it showed you the path (but it was a bit buggy from time to time when throwing from cover).
As said, use the chat or voice communication. Don't complain about it if you don't do anything yourself. Every match I played, I provide intel to my teammates, after a couple of minutes other people start doing the same because they realize it helps.
Instead of treating your team as strangers, treat them as friends. First thing I do is just a simple 'hi" or "hello", second a "gl and hf". When a point is captured: "nice job team" or "keep it up". Stick with other players, let them know you got there back. A simple "nice shot" or "thanks". Notify when you are about to use an ability or even better: ask if anyone needs your ability (As recon, I always let people know that they can ask for oracle, as specialist they can ask me to come and give them ammo or provide suppressing fire). Ask for support: "take out that sniper at ... location", "Could somebody join me to flank this side", "can anyone cover the left train track?". NEVER RAGE, ESPECIALLY NOT AGAINST TEAMMATES!
Trust me, there will be players that will listen and will start playing more team based.