Thread: Lack of Groove Bonuses "I Can't Hear You" | Forums

Lack of Groove Bonuses "I Can't Hear You"

This is not a very difficult song. I have it fully leveled, but can't get it mastered. It has 378 notes, and I always seem to miss 5 or 6 (actually I'm playing the notes, but having trouble with the yellow arrows of death). I've tried tuning down a little as I suppose that I'm pulling the A string with my pinkie on the stretch, but that doesn't seem to help much.

Anyway, none of that would matter if I could get a few groove bonuses. My set-up is good; I get plenty of groove bonuses on other songs. But I don't get ANY on this song.
    If anyone has figured out the groove on this song, I'd be interested in hearing how you did it.

This is the one that I just could not seem to master for months - until one night my son wanted to do it on multiplayer mode (against my will). When we started playing, I suddenly realized that there was this one little pick-up note in the riff that I had never noticed before. . .

It's right before you skip to the 4th string coming back down the scale in the riff. There's just a very short note played on the 5th string that I somehow overlooked.

Once I noticed it, suddenly I had the song mastered. And, since I had worked at it kinda hard for quite a while before giving up, it was short work to go from that point to MM and a 200k+ score. Since that one little note is right in the middle of the groove, I can imagine that missing it could prevent you from ever getting a groove bonus. Just something you might want to look into.

I had to hit every note to get exactly 100,000. I have no idea how others got above 100K. I'm certainly not a guitar prodigy but I can generally play in time and it's not a hard song.

I've mastered it quite easily considering my skill level, but can't even get 101,000 RSP. The same with Breaking the Law.

I got 100,457 (99/264) when I finally mastered this one. According to my rehearsal notes, I played it 36 times before I finally mastered it and most of those scores were in the 90s with accuracies also in the 90s. I just don't think there are many groove bonuses in this song for some reason. When I finally got over the hump, I still couldn't seem to get my MM score up to 200,000.