Thread: Lack of Groove Bonuses "I Can't Hear You" | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Lack of Groove Bonuses "I Can't Hear You"

This is not a very difficult song. I have it fully leveled, but can't get it mastered. It has 378 notes, and I always seem to miss 5 or 6 (actually I'm playing the notes, but having trouble with the yellow arrows of death). I've tried tuning down a little as I suppose that I'm pulling the A string with my pinkie on the stretch, but that doesn't seem to help much.

Anyway, none of that would matter if I could get a few groove bonuses. My set-up is good; I get plenty of groove bonuses on other songs. But I don't get ANY on this song.
    If anyone has figured out the groove on this song, I'd be interested in hearing how you did it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

This is the one that I just could not seem to master for months - until one night my son wanted to do it on multiplayer mode (against my will). When we started playing, I suddenly realized that there was this one little pick-up note in the riff that I had never noticed before. . .

It's right before you skip to the 4th string coming back down the scale in the riff. There's just a very short note played on the 5th string that I somehow overlooked.

Once I noticed it, suddenly I had the song mastered. And, since I had worked at it kinda hard for quite a while before giving up, it was short work to go from that point to MM and a 200k+ score. Since that one little note is right in the middle of the groove, I can imagine that missing it could prevent you from ever getting a groove bonus. Just something you might want to look into.

I had to hit every note to get exactly 100,000. I have no idea how others got above 100K. I'm certainly not a guitar prodigy but I can generally play in time and it's not a hard song.

I've mastered it quite easily considering my skill level, but can't even get 101,000 RSP. The same with Breaking the Law.

I got 100,457 (99/264) when I finally mastered this one. According to my rehearsal notes, I played it 36 times before I finally mastered it and most of those scores were in the 90s with accuracies also in the 90s. I just don't think there are many groove bonuses in this song for some reason. When I finally got over the hump, I still couldn't seem to get my MM score up to 200,000.