Thread: I am new IL2 Fighter today | Forums

Post I am new IL2 Fighter today

Hi Friendly,

I am new IL2 Fighter for today, that finally I made it. I didn't think about that long time when I should install it after for my new dell computer for last 2006s.
    I am so happy about that IL2 right now training.

I am former CFS online and Red Baron II and 3D multiplayer and Former Membership for Jasta 18 Raven Squadron (1998-2000) and "Battle of Britain" Bf-109.
    And, I fly a lot time with Flight Simulator 2004 for Stearman PT-13 USAAC and WACO UPF and WACO UPF-5, P-51D Mustand and Curtiss P-40 Warhawk.

II want to know what exact for PATCH for me? I am proceed in ILS Sturmovik WWII Combat Simulator.

Karter
    Last edited by Karter462; 06-21-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Which version of IL2?

For IL2 Sturmovik:1946 which is the latest version of the original game series, there's a patching guide at http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...p=show&kid=584
    The latest patch for that version is 4.11.1

The in game multiplayer browser doesn't work any longer, the Ubi.com game service room for IL2 hasn't been supported for over 5 years. You can find games using XFire or Hyperlobby (click here) game lobbies. There's still a pretty regular crowd at hyperlobby.

If you have an earlier version you'll find pretty much no-one flying it online. You would be best served by getting the 1946 version and patching it via the link above.

If you have IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover the correct forum is http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.p...liffs-of-Dover
    You don't need to worry about patching this one, Steam will automatically keep it at the latest release version.

I've removed a name and email address from your post, we don't permit posting any personal details on these forums regardless of whether they're your own details or someone else. If Raider or someone who knows him wishes to contact you they can use the private message system.

I can't find it what version of IL2 but it's "IL-2" or "IL-2 Sturmovik"
    I got it another forum message new game of IL2 Cliffs of Dover" some day I'll order one.
    Okay, thank you for reply. I am going to get 4.11.1 version. Oh poor, I understood that no more mulitplayer for IL-2.
    Well, I will register this Hyerlobby as soon.

If the packaging says IL2 Sturmovik, it sounds like it may be the original 2001 release version. You can see the version number in the lower left corner of the splash screen when the game starts, if there isn't one you have the original v1.0 of the original game. All other versions have the version number, even v1.0 of later titles in the series. The last patch for the original release was v1.04 IIRC.

If that's the version you have, you'll find no multiplayer match ups and the patch link I provided above doesn't apply. Pretty much no-one flies that version online. Instead I'd suggest this: http://www.amazon.com/IL-2-Sturmovik.../dp/B000MWF5UQ
    Last edited by Tully__; 06-21-2012 at 02:19 AM.

o.k. Tully, Thank you!