You'll notice there are several folks with this issue, and your fix didn't help them, either? I can follow simple instructions, and put those files where they need to go, and I did so. I followed every step outlined by both Chem, and yourself. Didn't change a thing. Launcher still sits at 0/1.6GB, never behaves any different than before your so-called "fix".
So before you try to tell me what I did and didn't read, maybe YOU should read MY posts, and try to follow along.
So, after manually torrenting the files, and putting them where they need to be, the launcher is still the issue. It just won't connect. It tells me it's at 1.58 of 1.6GB, and the bitrate stays at 0B. This is what my "status" screen shows, clearly, it won't connect. I have no issues with any other games/websites, and my ping to our TS is nice and stable, with no packet loss. If there IS a connection issue here, it's on UBI's end.