Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone do me a favour | Forums

And that will be enough of that discussion here thank you raaaid. It's not the right place for it. If you have an issue with the way another site is run you should take it up in private with that site's administrators, not in public on this forum.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Tully__ View Post
    Nah, the infraction system works by moderators clicking a button on posts that are committing some breach of the rules and selecting a type of offence from a list. Each offence carries some level of penalty points that expire after a while. If you accumulate more points than some threshold level you get an automatic suspension until some of the points expire and you drop back below the threshold. I've no idea what the threshold levels or points expiry periods are over there so can't comment on the likely period of the suspension.
    Sounds like a fun little mini-game to play while waiting for the patch. I wonder if the points need to be ratified by a second party or if there is a cooling off period for the more hasty clicks.

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely.
    He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable."

Quote Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
    Sounds like a fun little mini-game to play while waiting for the patch. I wonder if the points need to be ratified by a second party or if there is a cooling off period for the more hasty clicks.
    No and no. It the same software as here. Admins set the expiry period and number of points for each sort of breach of the rules and the trigger levels for bans of various lengths. Moderators "log" breaches by clicking a button and selecting from a list the type of breach. The rest is automatic.

I see. So an individual moderator's action is not moderated so to speak. I'd wondered about that, as the various levels of action and reaction gave things a rather whimsical aspect at times.

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely.
    He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable."

Of course just the same as here, the forum allows for moderators to have direct banning rights without having to bother with the "infraction points" function at all. Whether they have those rights or not is up to the 1C administrators. We certainly have them here.

oh this forum lost interest by my almost no posting by having migrated to the banana zoo, but im not wellcome there so ill stay here

seeing a raaaid post for the first time in ages has reminded me, can we set up ignore users with the now not so new forum here?

Edit, never mind, found it
    Last edited by thefruitbat; 06-22-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12