Thread: Falling game numbers | Forums

Falling game numbers

I've noticed that installs of the app have fallen from 560,000 users to 490,000 users and seem to be getting lower every week.

One has only to look at this board to see why.

"Cheap" in game buys and easier game play attract players. This is not a luxury goods operation. Any student of online game dynamics understands that you're aiming for higher numbers with cheaper in-game buys, which fuels growth of more numbers and higher interaction --- than stupidly high game prices and near-impossible game play, which drives players away and makes them more reluctant to spend. Even if there is a very small scattering of people willing to pay higher prices, without advancement opportunities (ie. the jobbing situation!) and other friends jumping ship, they'll eventually leave as well.

This has the potential to be a really great game which I have actually, until recently, enjoyed a lot and have been willing to spend money on - so it makes me sad that you're basically digging it's grave. It isn't about greed - every game needs to make money and profit is the reason they are created -- it's about poor planning and bad game dynamics. I'm not trying to insult your producer/product manager or anything - every game goes through teething issues -- but this board is free user feedback. Please - we're all begging you: use it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks for your thoughts. I have passed them on to the team.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm glad the windmill quest is gone now, the fact that collections awards are raised, and (it seems, though I'm not sure?) friends can accept multiple jobs now.

Thanks for listening to us! We really all do just love them game and it's nice to know that players are heard.

Quote Originally Posted by amber_horse View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm glad the windmill quest is gone now, the fact that collections awards are raised, and (it seems, though I'm not sure?) friends can accept multiple jobs now.

Thanks for listening to us! We really all do just love them game and it's nice to know that players are heard.
    The team is very responsive to our players. We definitely want all of you happy!