Time for a new ACR Manhunt tournament. Like fighting tournaments seen on Twitch TV, this will be a short tournament. There are only 8 slots for teams. Read below for the rules. You need a team leader (who can communicate with me) and a team name.
STARTS JUNE 29th! Success will lead to more tournaments.
TEAMS WILL BE RANDOMLY SEEDED into slots A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H.
Manhunt tournament rules
Format / Basic Rules
2. Ranked Matches (ACR)
3. 4 vs. 4 (ACR)
4. Maps: Random (ACR)
5. Abilities: ALL abilities are allowed. (No harassing opponents based on ability choices)
6. Best 2 of 3. Not required to play the 3rd match.
7. Double elimination with losers brackets and a possible two-round championship. You are eliminated if you lose in the winners bracket.
1. Participants may be from any group, clan, team, club, or secret organization of Illuminati. People from different clans may mix to form different teams.
2. Participants must be located in the following countries to avoid connection issues and scheduling issues: Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United States. (Participants from Brazil, Mexico, New Zealand may contact Citizen War if they have interest in the tournament. After an interview regarding their internet connection speed, use of a router, etc., they may be allowed in.)
3. Participants should have enough English language skills or a teammate with such English skills in order to participate without rule clarification in their native language.
4. Participants must pledge to participate in the entire tournament during the scheduled time or they will be forfeited. Late shows to rounds past 10 minutes will be forfeited. Participants who make it to the championships will have the opportunity to negotiate the championship schedule with Citizen War and their opponents based on the timetable below.
5. This tournament MAY RUN LATE, especially if you are in the Eastern Standard Time Zone. Pledge to stay up late or don’t participate. If you don’t show up to the next round, you forfeit. Fighting game tournaments similarly run for many hours into the night.
6. Participants may agree to play with other participants early in case they finish their matches early.
7. The final initial matchups and the tournament schedule will be announced on the day prior to the tournament on the Ubisoft Assassin’s Creed Multiplayer Forums.
8. Final decisions about disqualifications etc., are all decided by Citizen War, even in matches in which he is the participant.
9. I encourage all participants to record images or video of their matches.
10. First come, first serve, limited to 8 teams. 4 members each team. No randoms. All team members including substitutions must be submitted prior to the tournament. Last minute substitutions are not accepted. (This is done)
1. Matches must take place during the alloted tournament time or during the break time if something goes wrong. Citizen War will ask you to stop playing your current tournament round if you go into the allotted time for the next tournament round.
2. This is double elimination. You are not eliminated from the tournament until you lose TWO tournament rounds.
3. Play all 3 matches through without switching hosts. on the RANKED SYSTEM.
4. There is break time after Tournament Round 1 and 2. (To set up matches)
5. Do not conduct lag tests in Revelations. Matches in Revelations can only start if all players can connect, so this is the required preparation.
If players can't connect, try multiple hosts. If all hosts have been tried out, then you'll have to contact me.
6. In case of disconnections. If participants have VIDEO PROOF of a disconnection, then they should tell their opponents. In that case, set things up again and redo the round. Champions will be disqualified if they do not upload video proof of any disconnections within 3 days from the end of the tournament. In this case new champions will be selected based on tournament record.
7. Citizen War may decide the result of a tournament round on the result of the first successful game played if there are multiple disconnections in a tournament round. If two successful games were played but there is not time for a third, he may decide it on the comparative total score of both teams in both games. Failure to provide scores may result in disqualification.
8. At least one player on your team should have a camera ready to take pictures of the score. Uploading the scores online and linking them on the forums is acceptable. No proof of score may result in you losing a match if there is a dispute.
9. If all players experience a long (longer than 30 minutes) server outage, contact Citizen War immediately. Citizen will then reschedule the tournament.
10. No quitting. If you quit due to any complaints, even regarding lag, you are disqualified. No messaging other teams during the match asking for a redo. Wait until after the match is completed if you have a dispute and contact Citizen War immediately. Wait for his reply.
11. As per the Ubisoft forum rules, no shaming other players in the Ubisoft forums. Save your critical commentary for an external site such as YouTube or your clan homepage. Trash talking is not allowed when trying to set up a match. Friendly (i.e. not harrassment) trash talking in the days before the match or after the match is acceptable, but not on the Ubisoft Forums. This isn't Ubisoft's tournament. This is a player-run tournament.
12. No personal attacks or harassment. No hate speech or trash talking regarding gender, race, nationality, sexual orientation, gamertags, religion, or ethnicity. Reports of personal attacks or harassment will lead to disqualification.
13. Friendly or dramatic commentary about your perspective on your match is allowed in the forum thread, as long as it follows the forum rules.
14. Substitutions are allowed but you must specify the “main” three or four members of the team. These members are the only members eligible for any prize. Substitutions are “playing for glory.”
15. Prizes are not guaranteed and may not be available for players from different countries.
16. If you feel that something is wrong with a match, submit a dispute to Citizen War upon completing THAT match. Delay the next match until he is able to respond, and then continue playing your tournament round, even if delayed.
1. In the Winners Bracket, higher seeded team hosts all three games in ranked. (Unless there are connection issues.)
2. In the Elimination Bracket, LOWER seeded teams host all three games in ranked.
3. In the Championships, the Elimination Bracket Champion hosts the first set of 3. The Winners Bracket Champion hosts the second set if necessary.
4. Give your opponents time to set up a party. Do not launch without your opponents permission if you are hosting.
5. Check to make sure that your opponents are from countries allowed in the tournament. If they don't have members who fit the rules, then they need to
sub or they forfeit the match.
Use the chart below to determine your matches.
Team Lists. (A is the highest seed, H is the lowest)
TEAM names can be changed but not members.
A. Pulp Fiction "Cuz We're Bad..." / WHU Honey Badger, Analogous Prune, Bautosi187, Karrma Charger / Nova Amber, WHU Ellis Fellow
B. YourAGiaBoggyNation / Giaquinto718, Chernzobog, YourInnate, Raininstormwake / Nick Nitrous7
C. OSBieber / guitargod33, twstanley, WHU Night Wolf, WHU Blizzard / EZIOAUD1TORE123
D. SP / TXI RAVEN ELITE, Rabid Wesmann, DAVIDOA, JT JOK3R, PoofyPikachu, FilipinoNinja, dreamergoboom1, girlygirltomb
E. The National AC:R Team of the DPRK / Citizen War, Agent of Chaoz, GOD Akatsuki, Wrathful Papa / Hebrew Hybrid, Ripe Claw
F. ThePubstomping PWNys / Apexx27, AliceLiddile, Jester xBWx, ChachiMcSwaqq / Neenkin
G. WHU / Yakta tsik tsik, Tha Fazz, Whu Lock em up, Whu MDub / Whu Trapmusik
H. MLU / The Pr0paganda, ezrah05, vickyR13, templarkiller88 / ThaCheekyMonkey, mrturtleman1246, thebigcat47
and therefore the vs. order will be... (again listed by team leader)
A. PulpFiction vs. H. MLU
B. YourAGiaBoggyNation vs. G. WHU
C. OSBieber vs. F. ThePubstompingPWNys
D. SP vs. E. DPRK
Tournament schedule (FINAL!) It's okay to start Round 1 early with the approval of both teams.
Initial Tournament Time: (4.5 hours, possibly rescheduled for a later weekend in case of a server outage)
Each Round is 45 Minutes. 5-10 minutes prep. 20-30 minutes game time. Remaining time used for rest.
Round 1 6/29: 6:30PM PST, 9:30PM EST, 6/30: 10:30AM Japan/South Korea, 11:30AM Australia
(15 minute break for matching up due to the number of teams and late starts)
Round 2 6/29: 7:30PM PST, 10:30PM EST, 6/30: 11:30AM Japan/South Korea, 12:15PM Australia
(extra 15 minute break)
Round 3 6/29: 8:30PM PST, 11:30PM EST, 6/30: 12:30PM Japan/South Korea, 1:30PM Australia
Round 4 6/29: 9:15PM PST, 6/30: 12:15AM EST, 1:15PM Japan/South Korea, 2:15PM Australia
Round 5 6/29: 10:00PM PST, 6/30: 1:00AM EST, 2:00PM Japan/South Korea, 3:00PM Australia
Championships (1 Hour 45 Minutes)
Round 6 6/30 8:00PM PST, 11:00PM EST, 7/1 12:00PM Japan/South Korea, 1:00PM Australia
Round 7 (If Needed) 6/30 8:45PM PST, 11:45PM EST, 7/1 12:45PM Japan/South Korea, 1:45PM Australia
- NO SUBS ASIDE FROM THOSE LISTED ABOVE.
- You may change your team name but I won't post it until later.
- Check to make sure that your opponents are not from the UK, Europe, or other countries not allowed as per the first post. If they are, they can't play and will be disqualified from the tournament and their team will have to use a legitimate substitute.
- People need time to form parties and join your game. NO LAUNCHING WITHOUT A CONFIRMATION MESSAGE IF YOU HOST.
- BE SURE to check your SEED.
- If you can't connect with your opponents, you have to try a different host. If you cannot get connected with a different host, then contact me.
- To my opponents - if we have to stop in-between games due to a tournament issue, I apologize in advance.
- There has to be video of a disconnect. Tell me that there is. I expect to see it online later before you're dubbed the winners if you win the tournament.
- Multiple disconnects may lead to a single game tournament round.
- The final rule is that I am the absolute dictator of this tournament. If something cannot be resolved I will resolve it.
- If something is fishy, tell me ASAP. Stopping IN-BETWEEN matches to resolve something is fine. We'll have to resolve it fast.
- Experiencing lag is NOT ENOUGH to warrant a "rematch." Sadly lag is lag. No "it's laggy, not fair" messages to your team followed by a quit / request for a redo. I would recommend that you ignore your opponents messages until the end of the match, unless there was a disconnect.
- This is going to be a long tournament. No you can't reschedule your match.
- Team leaders keep in touch with me! Gamertag is "Citizen War" with a space.
- No Map Pack maps, unless all players have them and agree to it beforehand.
- NEW - Friendly players from both teams can agree to retry a match on a disconnect to save time , or if they captured video with an opponent's disconnection.
- NEW - No asking to back out to "switch abilities"