Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WLP Invitational (ACB Manhunt 3v3 Tournament - XBOX ONLY) | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

i dont think i ll join another tournament ever again as a (non alternate) unless its ran by citzen.
    "See Manhunt through my eyes"

Sig made by WLP Adoniis

http://www.youtube.com/user/giaquinto718

Leader Of Vittoria Agli Assassini
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by giaquinto718 View Post
    i dont think i ll join another tournament ever again as a (non alternate) unless its ran by citzen.
    Those are kind words, even though we never finished the last one. I'm sorry but it just took so long to get people on, my own team included. I was mad at everybody for awhile but it was partially my fault for not setting up clearer time limits. Thanks for your group's support -especially Havok's - in finding people and trying to participate in both tourneys.

Thanks for the nod and I'd love to run one again someday.
    Last edited by CitizenWar; 06-18-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernzobog View Post
    Exactly. I don't mean to dive into the events of yesterday too deeply, but I do want to mention that teams had over a week to get back to Venus with issues they had about the seeding and no one did. TR guys- I really wish we could've played you. I read somewhere that you had told Venus that you could only compete on the weekdays, but I was in a party with Venus when it came time for the match and he was legitimately confused as to why you guys didn't show up.
    Azrael, if I can give you two pieces of advice for this tourney, they are:
    1) Use the forums to post updates, match times, participating teams, results, etc. The forums are amazing.
    2) Post seedings and the brackets EARLY. I'm sure you looked at CW's seeeding charts and playoff brackets- he had everything drawn up with clear indications of who played who next.
    False. WLP didn't know anything about any rules or who they were playing until the day of the tournament and (you can ask rabid) even then we weren't sure who we were supposed to be playing even DURING the match.

Thanks Citizen for your input. Could you send me a PM or just reply on what lag rules I should put in?

@Everyoneelse So we'll take FFA out and do random seeding. When is a good time for this? Additionally, if we are taking out the seeding process we can have infinite teams (theoretically), so guys multiple teams from a clan if you'd like.
    Last edited by Occido Lumen; 06-18-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    I once sat on a golden pedestal, surrounded and bathed in the sunlight.
    Slowly the darkness crept up on me, surrounded me, engulfed me.
    Rather than fight, I embraced. From the darkness, I emerged.
    I am the Fallen Light.

I just listened to Venus' mass messages again and you're right- he never specifically mentioned team matchups, only the date and time. But wouldn't you ask who you were playing? I know I did, I know Apexx did- that's how we knew several days in advance.
    And, let's say you DID ask and didn't get an answer-
    does it really matter if you find out you're playing your clan mates? It's double elimination, best out of three for crying out loud, who gives a ****?

so final teams are up for 1 of the whu it is
    Yakta tsik tsik
    Tha Fazz
    WHU Lock em up
    Sub- WHU LuckySL7

We also have a team 2
    WHU EllisFellow
    WHU Killu4sure
    WayneCain2
    sub- TBA

I just listened to Venus' mass messages again and you're right- he never specifically mentioned team matchups, only the date and time. But wouldn't you ask who you were playing? I know I did, I know Apexx did- that's how we knew several days in advance.
    And, let's say you DID ask and didn't get an answer-
    does it really matter if you find out you're playing your clan mates? It's double elimination, best out of three for crying out loud, who gives a ****?
    Honestly, I messaged Venus but he didn't reply to me... Also nobody (by nobody I mean my clan and SP, so not nobody just some people) knew that it was double elimination (I assumed but it was never actually finalized) and also these games are set up best of one, not best of three (Also threw me off). So yes second choice. We did ask. I didn't get an answer, but the fact that we were unsure of whether it was double elimination or not is a very big deciding factor.
    I am the Fallen Light.

Deciding factor of what?
    Whether you participated or not? If so, you should've clarified that with Venus before you signed up.
    Whether you played another WLP team or not? Random seeding is random seeding. If that's the way things worked out, that's the way things should've been played. Like I said, in CW's tourney, 2 HKP teams faced each other pretty much from the get go and 1 got knocked into the loser's bracket really early on. So what? No one complained. And even if it wasn't double elim, that's still the way things were seeded. It isn't fair to completely rearrange the brackets for everyone else, just because you can't play another team in your own clan. It's stupid.

(This last point isn't really directed at you, Azrael. I have no issues with you and I wish you luck trying to organize this tourney, especially if you put in the time and effort to talk to CW, set up the brackets, etc. Props. I'm just amazed at the reactions of other WLP members- 2 in particular. Forum rules prevent me from naming and shaming, but I'm sure everyone knows who they are.)
    Last edited by Chernzobog; 06-19-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Deciding factor of what?
    Whether you participated or not? If so, you should've clarified that with Venus before you signed up.
    Whether you played another WLP team or not? Random seeding is random seeding. If that's the way things worked out, that's the way things should've been played. Like I said, in CW's tourney, 2 HKP teams faced each other pretty much from the get go and 1 got knocked into the loser's bracket really early on. So what? No one complained. And even if it wasn't double elim, that's still the way things were seeded. It isn't fair to completely rearrange the brackets for everyone else, just because you can't play another team in your own clan. It's stupid.

(This last point isn't really directed at you, Azrael. I have no issues with you and I wish you luck trying to organize this tourney, especially if you put in the time and effort to talk to CW, set up the brackets, etc. Props. I'm just amazed at the reactions of other WLP members- 2 in particular. Forum rules prevent me from naming and shaming, but I'm sure everyone knows who they are.)
    Yeah I'm not taking anything personal, it's just I'm the only one from WLP who checks these forums. Can I guess who the two are? Do there names start with a J and an O, and end in ulien and mega, respectively?

On a side note, I personally had no problems with the seeds and am just saying what I knew beforehand and attempting (badly) to justify my clan's behavior. Then again, Venus doesn't have that great of a reputation and Omega/Julien were concerned on whther or not the seeds were random. That's all !
    I am the Fallen Light.

Feel free to rip off these rules;

Other readers: THESE ARE NOT THE RULES FOR THE WLP TOURNAMENT UNLESS WLP WANTS TO USE THEM.

Manhunt tournament rules

Format
    1. Manhunt
    2. Private Matches (ACB) / Ranked Matches (ACR)
    3. 3 vs. 3 (ACB) / 4 vs. 4 (ACR)
    4. Maps: Venice, Venice (Night), San Donato, San Donato (Night), Castel Gandalfo, Rome, or Rome (Dusk). (ACB)
    Random (ACR)
    5. Abilities: ALL abilities are allowed.
    6. Best 2 of 3. Not required to play the 3rd match.
    7. Double elimination with losers brackets and a possible two-round championship.

Participants
    1. Participants may be from any group, clan, team, club, or secret organization of Illuminati. People from different clans may mix to form different teams.
    2. Participants must be located in the following countries to avoid connection issues and scheduling issues: Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United States. (Participants from Brazil, Mexico, New Zealand may contact Citizen War if they have interest in the tournament. After an interview regarding their internet connection speed, use of a router, etc., they may be allowed in.)
    3. Participants should have enough English language skills or a teammate with such English skills in order to participate without rule clarification in their native language.
    4. Participants must pledge to participate in the entire tournament during the scheduled time or they will be forfeited. Late shows to rounds past 10 minutes will be forfeited. Participants who make it to the championships will have the opportunity to negotiate the championship schedule with Citizen War and their opponents based on the timetable below.
    5. This tournament MAY RUN LATE, especially if you are in the Eastern Standard Time Zone. Pledge to stay up late or don’t participate. If you don’t show up to the next round, you forfeit. Fighting game tournaments similarly run for many hours into the night.
    6. Participants may agree to play with other participants early in case they finish their matches early.
    7. The final initial matchups and the tournament schedule will be announced on the day prior to the tournament on the Ubisoft Assassin’s Creed Multiplayer Forums.
    8. Final decisions about disqualifications etc., are all decided by Citizen War, even in matches in which he is the participant.
    9. I encourage all participants to record images or video of their matches.

Rules
    1. Matches must take place during the alloted tournament time or during the break time if something goes wrong. Citizen War will ask you to stop playing your current tournament round if you go into the allotted time for the next tournament round.
    2. This is double elimination. You are not eliminated from the tournament until you lose TWO tournament rounds.
    3. Matches are ten minutes, with max 5 minutes prep and rest time between them. This 5 minutes prep time is ignored in ACR. (Because the ranked system automatically sets up the next match). In ACR, rest time is the remaining time before the next tournament round after two or three matches have been completed.
    4. There is an extra 15 minutes of break time after tournament round 2.
    5. Conduct lag tests in Brotherhood. Players should try to kill/stun each other for a few minutes. If one team experiences lag, the hosting team must choose a different host ONCE and try a lag test again. The team not hosting can choose between the two hosts after this lag test.
    Do not conduct lag tests in Revelations. Matches in Revelations can only start if all players can connect, so this is the required preparation.
    6. In case of disconnections. If participants have VIDEO PROOF of a disconnection, then they should tell their opponents. In that case, set things up again and redo the round. Champions will be disqualified if they do not upload video proof of any disconnections within 3 days from the end of the tournament. In this case new champions will be selected based on tournament record.
    7. Citizen War may decide the result of a tournament round on the result of the first successful game played if there are multiple disconnections in a tournament round. If two successful games were played but there is not time for a third, he may decide it on the comparative total score of both teams in both games. Failure to provide scores may result in disqualification.
    8. At least one player on your team should have a camera ready to take pictures of the score. Uploading the scores online and linking them on the forums is acceptable. No proof of score may result in you losing a match if there is a dispute.
    9. If all players experience a long (longer than 30 minutes) server outage, contact Citizen War immediately. Citizen will then reschedule the tournament.
    10. No quitting. If you quit due to any complaints, even regarding lag, you are disqualified. No messaging other teams during the match asking for a redo. Wait until after the match is completed if you have a dispute and contact Citizen War immediately. Wait for his reply.
    11. As per the Ubisoft forum rules, no shaming other players in the Ubisoft forums. Save your critical commentary for an external site such as YouTube or your clan homepage. Trash talking is not allowed when trying to set up a match. Friendly (i.e. not harrassment) trash talking in the days before the match or after the match is acceptable, but not on the Ubisoft Forums.
    12. No personal attacks or harassment. No hate speech or trash talking regarding gender, race, nationality, sexual orientation, gamertags, religion, or ethnicity. Reports of personal attacks or harassment will lead to disqualification.
    13. Friendly or dramatic commentary about your perspective on your match is allowed in the forum thread, as long as it follows the forum rules.
    14. Substitutions are allowed but you must specify the “main” three or four members of the team. These members are the only members eligible for any prize. Substitutions are “playing for glory.”
    15. Prizes are not guaranteed and may not be available for players from different countries.
    16. If you feel that something is wrong with a match, submit a dispute to Citizen War upon completing THAT match. Delay the next match until he is able to respond, and then continue playing your tournament round, even if delayed.

(will post tournament times for my tourney in another thread to avoid conclusion)

Hosting:
    In ACR: The top seeded team invites their team first to a RANKED MATCH. Then they invite the opponent’s team. Initial hosts / invite order should be switched and retried in case members cannot connect. There are no 5 minute breaks in-between rounds and the maps are random through the ranked system. All participants should vote for Manhunt at the end of the game. ACR manhunt must be run with teams of 4 or the team order will be confused.

In ACB: The top seeded team hosts the first game in a PRIVATE MATCH. The host runs through lag tests as mentioned in the rules. The bottom seeded team hosts the second and third game. The team not hosting chooses Team One or Two before launching the match. The team that is hosting chooses the maps in ACB. In ACB, they must choose from Venice, Venice (Night), San Donato, San Donato (Night), Castel Gandalfo, Rome, or Rome (Dusk).
    Last edited by CitizenWar; 06-19-2012 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenWar View Post
    Feel free to rip off these rules;

Other readers: THESE ARE NOT THE RULES FOR THE WLP TOURNAMENT UNLESS WLP WANTS TO USE THEM.

Manhunt tournament rules

Format
    1. Manhunt
    2. Private Matches (ACB) / Ranked Matches (ACR)
    3. 3 vs. 3 (ACB) / 4 vs. 4 (ACR)
    4. Maps: Venice, Venice (Night), San Donato, San Donato (Night), Castel Gandalfo, Rome, or Rome (Dusk). (ACB)
    Random (ACR)
    5. Abilities: ALL abilities are allowed.
    6. Best 2 of 3. Not required to play the 3rd match.
    7. Double elimination with losers brackets and a possible two-round championship.

Participants
    1. Participants may be from any group, clan, team, club, or secret organization of Illuminati. People from different clans may mix to form different teams.
    2. Participants must be located in the following countries to avoid connection issues and scheduling issues: Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United States. (Participants from Brazil, Mexico, New Zealand may contact Citizen War if they have interest in the tournament. After an interview regarding their internet connection speed, use of a router, etc., they may be allowed in.)
    3. Participants should have enough English language skills or a teammate with such English skills in order to participate without rule clarification in their native language.
    4. Participants must pledge to participate in the entire tournament during the scheduled time or they will be forfeited. Late shows to rounds past 10 minutes will be forfeited. Participants who make it to the championships will have the opportunity to negotiate the championship schedule with Citizen War and their opponents based on the timetable below.
    5. This tournament MAY RUN LATE, especially if you are in the Eastern Standard Time Zone. Pledge to stay up late or don’t participate. If you don’t show up to the next round, you forfeit. Fighting game tournaments similarly run for many hours into the night.
    6. Participants may agree to play with other participants early in case they finish their matches early.
    7. The final initial matchups and the tournament schedule will be announced on the day prior to the tournament on the Ubisoft Assassin’s Creed Multiplayer Forums.
    8. Final decisions about disqualifications etc., are all decided by Citizen War, even in matches in which he is the participant.
    9. I encourage all participants to record images or video of their matches.

Rules
    1. Matches must take place during the alloted tournament time or during the break time if something goes wrong. Citizen War will ask you to stop playing your current tournament round if you go into the allotted time for the next tournament round.
    2. This is double elimination. You are not eliminated from the tournament until you lose TWO tournament rounds.
    3. Matches are ten minutes, with max 5 minutes prep and rest time between them. This 5 minutes prep time is ignored in ACR. (Because the ranked system automatically sets up the next match). In ACR, rest time is the remaining time before the next tournament round after two or three matches have been completed.
    4. There is an extra 15 minutes of break time after tournament round 2.
    5. Conduct lag tests in Brotherhood. Players should try to kill/stun each other for a few minutes. If one team experiences lag, the hosting team must choose a different host ONCE and try a lag test again. The team not hosting can choose between the two hosts after this lag test.
    Do not conduct lag tests in Revelations. Matches in Revelations can only start if all players can connect, so this is the required preparation.
    6. In case of disconnections. If participants have VIDEO PROOF of a disconnection, then they should tell their opponents. In that case, set things up again and redo the round. Champions will be disqualified if they do not upload video proof of any disconnections within 3 days from the end of the tournament. In this case new champions will be selected based on tournament record.
    7. Citizen War may decide the result of a tournament round on the result of the first successful game played if there are multiple disconnections in a tournament round. If two successful games were played but there is not time for a third, he may decide it on the comparative total score of both teams in both games. Failure to provide scores may result in disqualification.
    8. At least one player on your team should have a camera ready to take pictures of the score. Uploading the scores online and linking them on the forums is acceptable. No proof of score may result in you losing a match if there is a dispute.
    9. If all players experience a long (longer than 30 minutes) server outage, contact Citizen War immediately. Citizen will then reschedule the tournament.
    10. No quitting. If you quit due to any complaints, even regarding lag, you are disqualified. No messaging other teams during the match asking for a redo. Wait until after the match is completed if you have a dispute and contact Citizen War immediately. Wait for his reply.
    11. As per the Ubisoft forum rules, no shaming other players in the Ubisoft forums. Save your critical commentary for an external site such as YouTube or your clan homepage. Trash talking is not allowed when trying to set up a match. Friendly (i.e. not harrassment) trash talking in the days before the match or after the match is acceptable, but not on the Ubisoft Forums.
    12. No personal attacks or harassment. No hate speech or trash talking regarding gender, race, nationality, sexual orientation, gamertags, religion, or ethnicity. Reports of personal attacks or harassment will lead to disqualification.
    13. Friendly or dramatic commentary about your perspective on your match is allowed in the forum thread, as long as it follows the forum rules.
    14. Substitutions are allowed but you must specify the “main” three or four members of the team. These members are the only members eligible for any prize. Substitutions are “playing for glory.”
    15. Prizes are not guaranteed and may not be available for players from different countries.
    16. If you feel that something is wrong with a match, submit a dispute to Citizen War upon completing THAT match. Delay the next match until he is able to respond, and then continue playing your tournament round, even if delayed.

(will post tournament times for my tourney in another thread to avoid conclusion)

Hosting:
    In ACR: The top seeded team invites their team first to a RANKED MATCH. Then they invite the opponent’s team. Initial hosts / invite order should be switched and retried in case members cannot connect. There are no 5 minute breaks in-between rounds and the maps are random through the ranked system. All participants should vote for Manhunt at the end of the game. ACR manhunt must be run with teams of 4 or the team order will be confused.

In ACB: The top seeded team hosts the first game in a PRIVATE MATCH. The host runs through lag tests as mentioned in the rules. The bottom seeded team hosts the second and third game. The team not hosting chooses Team One or Two before launching the match. The team that is hosting chooses the maps in ACB. In ACB, they must choose from Venice, Venice (Night), San Donato, San Donato (Night), Castel Gandalfo, Rome, or Rome (Dusk).
    Wow. Just wow. Thanks, Citizen. I'll read these over in the morning and discuss them with other people interested in this tournament. To clarify, a lag test is just playing the first half of a round to make sure that there is no huge laginess? But yes, I will DEFINITELY be implementing most (if not all) of these rules, at least the ones that involve ACB.
    I am the Fallen Light.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast