Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graphics cards reccomendations for COD | Forums

That Sapphire seems like a good price / performance card to me.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I build a new one about every 4 years. My old one still plays most current games pretty well maxed out. I just started a new career in IT and wanted to treat myself. My old one will bcome my HD media center attached to my TV, and for when friends come over and want to play.

Your build is what I call 'future proof'. It should run everything that come out in the next 2-3 years pretty **** good. My specs are above but pretty similar. The 16gb or ram you have will never be fully used, unless you intend to rip dvd's, play HD movie, run several virtual machines, and play COD AT THE SAME TIME! Lol. The biggest improvement in tech I noticed this time around is in the SSD's. I bought a 128gb on sale for $99. Was highly rated on Newegg.com. Im using it for my OS drive. Cant wait until it evolves enough so that we can get more substantial storage capacities. Just way too **** expensive. But I do notice a HUGE increase in performance. I installed WIn 7 on both a traditional HD w/7200 rpms, then with the SSD on the same setup. Boot time was cut IN HALF! Also copying a large video file was about 40% faster.

Thx fr the help, just ordered it! Now to take the wife shopping so that when she sees the credit card bill I can pin it on her!!!
    Last edited by nvrsummer2; 06-24-2012 at 09:49 PM.

My old system is about 4-5 years old, it's a Intel Q6600 Quad core proc with 4 gig of ram and an Nvidia 9800 GTX. I was really struggeling with IL2 1946 modded version in large missions not to mention my other favorate games from the total war line, it was unable to run Shogun 2 and crashed to desktop during large battles in Empire so I figured it was time to treat myself to a new system as well. I kept my wife happy by slapping in a Nvidia GTX 460 in my old bucket, cleaned it up and installed windows 7 on it so she can ditch her PC that is about 6-7 years old.
    She likes to play The Sims 3 but that system is struggeling with her favorate game.

So a win win situation here

Well, got the card in, and about tripled my frame rate! Id say money well spent...

Nice one, I just installed my TrackIR 5 unit, my old TrackIR 3 broke last week, still getting used to the whole DOF thing since I never had that before but it's great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubarus View Post
    Nice one, I just installed my TrackIR 5 unit, my old TrackIR 3 broke last week, still getting used to the whole DOF thing since I never had that before but it's great so far.
    Ive got trackir 5, seems good, but sticks a little. Hard to move into gun sight and back out without it acting up. Maybe I dont have it setup right? Any tips appreciated when you get going with it.

If I figure something out I will, so far I just installed the latest software build and didn't change a thing other then put some duct tape over the sown in reflector on my TrackIR cap before I clipped on that DOF tracker thingy.

I cannot say I am having issues with it so far but then I barely flew since I am on the back shift this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12