Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith Multiplayer | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith Multiplayer

Funk-n-Stein and I got together tonight to play for a couple of hours. As I've been trying to get Master Mode on one of the songs, I recorded (on an iPhone so it's not the best video of course) the song and uploaded it to YouTube.

I'd just bought a second Xbox wireless controller but hadn't set it up just yet. It took more than a few minutes and an internet lookup to figure out how to connect the second controller but we finally got it going and started in on the selections.

Funk-n-Stein actually sets his strings in the reversed (tab) mode vs the rocksmith mode.

One of the problems is he didn't have an Xbox so he didn't have an account yet. Once the controller was set up, he set up an account but unfortunately it started him off fairly low (minimal notes on the highway) where I was getting my normal run of notes. So for the first hour or so, he spent his time getting Rocksmith to recognize that he could play.

We wandered through the selections playing different songs. We didn't try any single arrangement so I don't know how that might have worked. With multi-arrangements though, he or I would pick one and the other one or two would be available.

Anyway, we got to Judas Priest, Breaking The Law, one I happen to like and the one I recorded above. This is also the first Rocksmith song I can totally play outside of Rocksmith. The link below is the recorded show. We did talk over the first little bit but it clears up shortly.

We're planning on doing it again. You only get better when playing with someone else

Thanks for coming over, Funk-n-Stein!

Everyone else, enjoy!

http://youtu.be/UMU5hv3Q-K0

Carl

Steam Community Profile ID: dungeon-master
    My Rocksmith 2014 Wiki - 1/29 - Have the Settings Editor form up. Todo: Create the Settings save script.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Sweet, glad you guys got to play!

And you probably got the 'playing together' achievement which I know Funk must have been excited about given his obvious penchant for achievements

Playing with other people is another reason where it would be good to be able to set the default level for playing the song. If I went over to someone's house who had a PS3 I'd be pretty bummed that I'd have to spend time levelling songs just to get the full note charts.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSauve View Post
    Playing with other people is another reason where it would be good to be able to set the default level for playing the song. If I went over to someone's house who had a PS3 I'd be pretty bummed that I'd have to spend time levelling songs just to get the full note charts.
    This so much. It is funny when I go to my friend's house and play arrangements that I know by heart, hit probably 98% of the total notes in the song, and rock a 30k score. He just looks at me and says "So I'm guessing you've played this one before".

Very cool to see that in action. Hopefully there will be a lot more multiplayer going on when bass arrives!

Very cool man. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by tomdarch View Post
    Very cool to see that in action. Hopefully there will be a lot more multiplayer going on when bass arrives!
    +1 on bass. Can't wait

Now if only the RS devs can figure out a way to have 3 players going at a time. can you imagine having lead, rhythm and bass going at once? Maybe RS2'll pull it off

Some songs scream out for 2 player. Whenever I her "Black Betty" by Ram Jam I think of what fun that would be with my son. "Jungle Strut" from Santana would be great too but beyond my capabilities.

It was a good time despite having to start from the very beginning. It would be very nice though to be able to set your level manually for multiplayer. Thanks for having me over Carl - let's do it again soon.
    My pick-up toggle switch has 3 modes: Swank, Extra Swank, and Super Swank

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Funk-n-Stein View Post
    It was a good time despite having to start from the very beginning. It would be very nice though to be able to set your level manually for multiplayer. Thanks for having me over Carl - let's do it again soon.
    It would be really sweet if RS told you what it perceived your truskill level to actually be... that way you could actually cross platforms and maintain your experience by setting that as your starting point.

Awesome.

I posted a couple of multiplayer videos here:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post8394471

I particularly enjoyed the second one (Higher Ground).
    I was playing with my son on our PS3. The great thing about that was that he already had his own profile on it, so he was able to play songs he had already fully leveled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast