Thread: Visual upgrade question | Forums

Question Visual upgrade question

So Ubi-Ant, about these visual upgrades for the PC... are they for single player ONLY? Or are the multiplayer modes visuals being improved too? That question INCLUDES co-op modes. I have STRONG hunch these visual upgrades are only for single player. :/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by siliknight View Post
    So Ubi-Ant, about these visual upgrades for the PC... are they for single player ONLY? Or are the multiplayer modes visuals being improved too? That question INCLUDES co-op modes. I have STRONG hunch these visual upgrades are only for single player. :/
    If they are improving the GAMES graphics then why in hell it would be singleplayer only?

Not sure if srs....

A better question would be, will there be a mandatory performance benchmark tool for online play. Or, will the game let some idiot with a piece of junk PC Max the graphics and lag like crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by KasumiiSan View Post
    Not sure if srs....
    I'm pretty dam serious. All the screenshots appears to be the single player modes. There's so many games out there that says they improved the games visual aspect, but it was only for singleplayer.

I hope that multi graphics will be upgraded as well!
    War. War never ends.

Community Manager Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar
    Hi, the PC version will have;

Support of DirectX 11 allow the addition of stunning visual details through displacement mapping and additional global illumination effects;
    · More complex materials through the use of parallax occlusion mapping, gloss maps, and specular maps;
    · Improved dynamic lighting;
    · Volumetric lighting effects;
    · Soft shadows;
    · Improved post-processing with better HDR and motion blur;
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    Hi, the PC version will have;

Support of DirectX 11 allow the addition of stunning visual details through displacement mapping and additional global illumination effects;
    · More complex materials through the use of parallax occlusion mapping, gloss maps, and specular maps;
    · Improved dynamic lighting;
    · Volumetric lighting effects;
    · Soft shadows;
    · Improved post-processing with better HDR and motion blur;
    im sorry. but that really didn't answer my question. yes i know improved visuals but I had a specific question. Please read before answering.

im sorry. but that really didn't answer my question. yes i know improved visuals but I had a specific question. Please read before answering.
    Wow, you're a happy chappy aren't you?! It is such a silly question that it needs no answering, as stated above why would they improve the visuals only on the SP? Silly question.

I'm pretty dam serious. All the screenshots appears to be the single player modes. There's so many games out there that says they improved the games visual aspect, but it was only for singleplayer.
    Nothing personal, but not every single game that comes out needs to be focused on multiplayer. Singleplayer is an important aspect as well. And I'm sure the graphics are across the board, hopefully not simply focusing on single OR multi.