Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This game need it's own CIA HQ | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

This game need it's own CIA HQ

The CIA HQ from the first game is my favourite Splinter Cell mission ever. I love the premise of it; breaking into a highly secure building, extracting some information and getting out without anyone knowing you were there. All the time you knew that if Sam was caught there would be no way for Lambert to explain the mission to the president. Most of the Splinter Cell games have had some kind of spin on it, I want Blacklist to have a go.

I think the perfect scenario would be infiltrating the MI6 HQ in London to find out what they know about the Blacklist, something Fisher suspects that the Brits are purposely hiding from him. You could start by climbing out of the Thames on a rainy day and sneaking your way in. It would be a strictly non lethal mission. What do you think?
    ---

"If the meter's at 4, you're lit up like a dutch brothel. If it's at zero, you're a ghost's shadow." - Irving Lambert
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I think that if it involved infiltrating a Super Special Intelligence Agency by 'creeping' through a man sized ventilation shaft that none of the professionals working for MI6 noticed on the building blueprints...I would really hate it.

I think that'd be a really awesome idea, actually and would be a friendly nod to us SC fans that have stuck around through all the speed bumps and changes.
    Your suggestion makes me think of one of the few scenes I enjoyed in The World's Not Enough where Sir Robert King gets assassinated inside MI6 headquarters and a really awesome boat chase down the Thames ensues.

What if you had to use the crawly sticky cam to access a hole somewhere that leads through the piping inside the building and navigate through a maze while avoiding security in order to mmake it set off a small emp charge that fries the laser systems so you have to lockpick a metal gate thats electrocuted and covers a ventilatin fan system? All this in order to enter the building safely and securely after being deployed on the roof of the building. Either that or you could come in guns blazing with predator missiles and die or auto lose mission. They really have to pull something really stealthy and espionagy that leaves the player thinking, "wow, what i did was actually so sick!"
    Last edited by michaelanjello; 06-14-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Haha,that's probably the best bit of the film. Whenever I play the original Splinter Cell, the first thing I do is load up the CIA HQ. Vauxhall Cross would be really cool in Blacklist because I've walked past the building several times in the past.
    ---

"If the meter's at 4, you're lit up like a dutch brothel. If it's at zero, you're a ghost's shadow." - Irving Lambert

^^That sounds alright actually Michael. I'm just so turned off these days by huge gaping openings that let our characters hide while no other human can follow them into the MASSIVE tunnels that have no vent covers on them.
    The AI is supposed to have been in the locations prior to Sam getting there yet they didn't notice the giant holes in the walls???? I liked that SCC didn't use vents so much and allowed going over ceilings as an alternative. I can handle a couple of vents I guess but too many and it's just like "seriously?".

Quote Originally Posted by LitLikeABrothel View Post
    Haha,that's probably the best bit of the film. Whenever I play the original Splinter Cell, the first thing I do is load up the CIA HQ. Vauxhall Cross would be really cool in Blacklist because I've walked past the building several times in the past.
    Agreed. I can't picture Sam hopping into a prototype speed boat to chase after a femme fatale, but something along the lines of the CIA HQ would be awesome. The restriction on 5th Freedom would force you to be stealthy, which is something that a great majority of us want.
    Mind you...Sam wasn't too worried about killing allies when he infiltrated the 3E building. If Ubisoft keeps going with their current track record, Sam will probably end up blowing up Big Ben or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSage View Post
    ^^That sounds alright actually Michael. I'm just so turned off these days by huge gaping openings that let our characters hide while no other human can follow them into the MASSIVE tunnels that have no vent covers on them.
    The AI is supposed to have been in the locations prior to Sam getting there yet they didn't notice the giant holes in the walls???? I liked that SCC didn't use vents so much and allowed going over ceilings as an alternative. I can handle a couple of vents I guess but too many and it's just like "seriously?".
    I agree with this. It's a staple of stealth-action games; as seen in numerous SC games, both Deus Ex games (the two worth mentioning anyways) and wayyyy too common in the Metal Gear Solid games.
    But it never made any sense to me at all. Who installs ventilation shafts big enough for a man to easily fit through, especially in a high-security area?
    And what kind of agent would even bother going into them? Look how much noise John McClane made crawling around in those things in the Nakatomi building, and he nearly got a few extra holes in him for all his trouble.
    Last edited by Daedalus_89; 06-14-2012 at 09:53 PM.

^ That's where I am at with it too. it was a lot of fun and useful in the early days but we've moved on since then. Time to upgrade the ventilation insertions a bit. Looking at you too Batman.....although you did at least remove and reinstall coverings.

I had a very similar idea in another Thread

- MI-6 HQ: Sam need to infiltrate the British Intelligence HQ, Strictly Non-Lethal Mission, He need to gather intel on a big figure in the UK that actually is trying to cause a riot against the USA or something, or even maybe funding terrorists attacks, It would be really cool like CIA-HQ in SAR, of course they showed be men in Suits/Tuxedos , The Infiltration should start from the streets in a Rainy Night.

- The Kremlin: 4th Echelon tries to use it's assets to gain some info from Voron, but they are unable to, so Sam needs to infiltrate the Kremlin and spy on a meeting between the president, Army Generals and Voron Director, cause they will be discussing the situation the Americans are in, and deciding if they should help with those attacks or not, of course this mission should be SNOWY, I want a full Snow Mission. ((Also a little hint about GRFS Plot can be thrown in that meeting, that would be epic))

And other members contributed with more awesome ideas and places.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast