Thread: Calm down! | Forums

Calm down!

Dear haters,

You need to calm down. Yes; Ubisoft dropped the ball on planning and promotion for the PC-version, and should learn from those mistakes. But come on, people - we ARE getting a PC-version of what looks like a fantastic game. Can we not wait a few more weeks for that?

I don't understand the obsession about seeing ingame footage, and people's "threats" to cancel pre-orders and refusing to buy the game unless Ubi presents this footage. The game will look like the console-version, with a few minor graphical upgrades - do you think Ubi is lying? Do you think they would get away with something like that upon releasing the game? No.

As a community, we need to be more supportive and forgiving. If the game in any way doesn't live up to its promises, the PC community will have some justified complaining to do. But for now, being a small and less profitable community for game developers, we need to build on positives. Threats, speculation and ******** complaints serve no purpose. If Ubi, or any other game developer were met with only this sort of argumentation, well..it doesn't really inspire to speed things up and interact with us.

The game will be out in two weeks. It will be great. If not, we can continue complaining and buy a console of some sort.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Hobienator View Post

The game will be out in two weeks. It will be great. If not, we can continue complaining and buy a console of some sort.
    You are right......buy a game that you have not tried in a demo and really have very little info on. Spend $50 of you hard earned money to sample it. Then learn it sucked and your 2 days of enjoyment is done. No thanks.

By the way....try the Spec Ops The Line demo.................at least you waste not a penny.

NarcSgt

benn waiting too long for this game..
    delaying 2 week from the release date... Im NOT canceled my PO. Im stay with GRFS..
    Only The Dead Fight Fair

D#$%@@ if you do and D#$%@@ if you Don't. Was it so long ago that gamers where mad because the game was so buggy you just couldn't play and D/L a patch everyday.
    Playing hitchhiker guide to the galaxy word game on a 8" mono screen Tandy computer my Chief had or WingCommander I, II and special ops on a 386 12mhz turbo 25mhz 30mb Hard drive IBM PS2.

Wish in one hand spit in the other!

Yeah the game looks great. But you cant expect people to hide their negativity or anger..after all we would all want to see what we are paying for and the purpose of buying a game is for its multiplayer or not why buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird312147 View Post
    D#$%@@ if you do and D#$%@@ if you Don't. Was it so long ago that gamers where mad because the game was so buggy you just couldn't play and D/L a patch everyday.
    Playing hitchhiker guide to the galaxy word game on a 8" mono screen Tandy computer my Chief had or WingCommander I, II and special ops on a 386 12mhz turbo 25mhz 30mb Hard drive IBM PS2.

Wish in one hand spit in the other!
    Wing Commander.......dear God that brings back memories. That and the very first King's Quest/Space Quest. ULTIMATE!!!

buy a console of some sort?????????

u r kidding.right?

I guess I have been defined as a hater here...............Hater because I like to inform game companies that they need to support the PC gamer. Demos of the game allow the buyer to see the game in advance so you know if your interested. The talk of expansion packs even at the start of the game is also a good tool to draw interest.

All future EA games appear to have dedicated server files so PC gamers can enjoy a lag free gaming environment. It appears COD Black Ops 2 was taking heat for no dedicated servers and they changed their tune with the new announcement that there will be ranked servers.

We can make a difference by voicing our opinions to companies.

NarcSgt