Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LONGTIME Rainbow fan's requests for PATRIOTS | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by implode View Post
    YES - agreed 100%. I just went back to playing RavenShield on PC actually. No one has made a comparable game since. I hope like hell Patriots is a good PC game and not a straight port.

Honestly if UBI took RvS gameplay exactly and made it on a new/updated engine and simply updated maps & weapons.... it would be BOSS. Am I dreaming here? Why can't it happen?
    Well, its called a dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it. After the catastrophe that is Future Soldier, it should obvious by now that it would literally take Ubi Soft becoming born again in the holy spirit to realize the errors of their ways, drop the delusional, unholy policy of dumbing their games down for the casual audience and make the games the way they are supposed to be made.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by BATTLEFACE View Post
    Ubi-Mush,

When can we get info regarding whether MP for R6 Patriots will be using P2P or "real" dedicated servers (not like in V2)?
    Hi, we do not have this information yet, but we will post as soon as we find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcopymope View Post
    Well, its called a dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it. After the catastrophe that is Future Soldier, it should obvious by now that it would literally take Ubi Soft becoming born again in the holy spirit to realize the errors of their ways, drop the delusional, unholy policy of dumbing their games down for the casual audience and make the games the way they are supposed to be made.
    hah!

I long for the day when we the PC R6 faithfuls get another solid tactical FPS that involves tactical gameplay, dedicated servers, dev bug support, and competitive clan matching. If I see another MW wannabee title I'm going to take up hydro basket weaving and sell my gaming devices.

I realize that gaming has turned into a fast-paced console market for whiny 12 year olds. I get that. The devs need to make money. But, seriously, throw us a flippin' bone! We've been waiting long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    Hi, we do not have this information yet, but we will post as soon as we find out.
    Thank you very much!

GRFS Made Me Cry! Well not Actually but I was Poed

First off GRFS is great multiplayer. I would like to see an expansion of the team modes in that game to accommodate more siege type gameplay. This is also what makes a Rainbow Six game great. In case Ubi hasn't noticed, people are TIRED OF COD. As in, THE GAME COMPANIES ARE REALING FROM THE SAME **** SH*T. In case that wasn't noticed, WHY MAKE A GAME LIKE GHOST RECON THAT ATTRACTS EVERYONE FROM 18-40 SO **** LAME. NO SQUAD COMMAND == ANGRY FANS. NO LARGE AWESOME MAPS == ANGRY FANS. NO AWESOME SQUAD MP AFTER 8 YRS == WTF?!!!!!

Please don't dumb down Rainbow Six. It was DEPRESSING TO SEE SUCH REGRESSION AND SUBMISSION. UBISOFT USED TO BE UNIQUE. IT USED TO STAND FOR SOMETHING. BRING YOURSELF OUT FROM THE SHADOW AND CREATE THE UNIQUE THAT WILL PUT YOU ON TOP. YOU HAVE THE TALENT MAYBE JUST NOT THE SOCKET PROGRAMMERS. ALSO, FIX THE DANG NETWORK CONNECTIONS ON GRFS.

SO:
    A. Keep squad command
    B. Don't lose site of what builds YOUR FANBASE NOT THE COD BASE
    C. Keep gunsmith
    D. Vegas was Awesome; If you want to keep the feeling alive. Keep the squad play, keep the connections to the team members; by all means BE DANGEROUS. ENTREPRENEUERIAL PROGRAMMERS AND BUSINESSMEN MAKE MONEY NOT POSERS.

D. Vegas was Awesome; If you want to keep the feeling alive. Keep the squad play, keep the connections to the team members; by all means BE DANGEROUS. ENTREPRENEUERIAL PROGRAMMERS AND BUSINESSMEN MAKE MONEY NOT POSERS.
    The Rainbow Six series goes way back past the Vegas games. These games were nothing compared to the originals, Vegas is where R6 became just another bog standard shooter. UBI knew this and confirmed it in the lack of support and expansion that they offered following the games release. Don't get me wrong, Vegas 2 was ok for what it was but it was nothing special and the faults with it that have still not been sorted and patched were many.

The game died very soon after release and UBI decided to quit it and be done once they had our money, I am still waiting for the match making to be fixed 5 years after release (yes that does mean that I still play it and why not? after all I did pay for it).
    They also took away the friend building community from previous games. If you want to play with friends you have to go look for them rather than building a list, I thought the whole point in the UBI servers was to keep a community going. So although Vegas was eventually playable I would not describe it as Awesome as far as the R6 series is concerned as I firmly believe that this was the point that the series died.

After purchasing GRFS on pre order and not even being able to get the game to load until 2 weeks after release because of a broken patch which made matters worse and then finding that there were all sorts of in game and control issues and crashes because it was an untested broken port (like Vegas 2) I now have no hope what so ever for Patriots and unless there is open testing/demo on PC I will not be buying it, I will stick to the originals and GR, End of nations (fantastic alpha phase and now into beta more than 5 years in dev and testing) Planetside 2 (free to play about to come out in open beta) Ghost Recon Online (free to play and alpha and beta tested, the game works better than GRFS or Lockdown, V1 or V2 and it is still in beta) until something better comes along.

The fact is that there are a great number of fantastic games out there that are free to play and indeed more stable and complete in beta that Vegas 2 is 5 years after release. UBI have a lot to compete with as they can only keep making money from the R6 and GR names for so long before they eventually make the fans so sick that we bugger off and find games with devs that appreciate us and and money, there is a massive following for R6 and GR but as stated before, UBI seem to want the COD fans instead, why compete on fans when they could keep the ones that the games have and poach the ones that are fed up with COD and MW series with games that could be so vastly superior, the fact that the COD and MW fans have not come over with GRFS and V2 surely says that those are not the games they want and I know from experience that some people moved to those games from the original R6 and GR because we were being lumbered with broken untested rubbish. It does my head in...
    Last edited by goblingee; 07-19-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with strange aeons even death may die.

Goblingee

Twitter
    @goblingee

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/goblingee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123