I have seen what the game play demo has shown us and let me start out by saying I am impressed and excited. The hacking and fighting and stealth vs action game play is something Ubisoft is great at. The most interesting thing is the Idea of a living city. As seen during the car accident where NPC's were interacting with each other and the Player in appropriate ways regarding the current situation. Weather or not the screen was scripted if they are shooting for that level of detail in the final game it will be amazing.
Ok, so now for my ideas. We did not see how the traffic and pedestrians behave normally during game play so this may already be in the game, but with most open world games like GTA and Saints Row the one thing that has always destroyed the immersion into the city was the NPC drivers and pedestrians always strictly following the "Rules of the Road". They stop at yellow and red lights, only cross the street when it is clear etc... Now as a Chicagoan I know that no one in our fine city is like that.
I would love to see some of these features make it into the game.
Most other titles were limited by the restrictions on processing power but with all that Ubi is shooting for here this should be possible.
- Drivers that speed up when it is yellow to try and beat the light
- Drivers that will try and beat the light even when it just turned red
- Cabs, **** cabs *shakes fist*, that swerve in and out of traffic to get by faster, all cabs...
- Rush hour traffic in the morning and afternoon
- Pushy drivers who will take the shoulder and try to ride up than merge lanes
- Drivers that will blare their horn the second the light turns green
- Drivers that creep up on the stop line when it gets close to turning green
- Drivers that start going when they think it is going green, stop, than it goes green and they floor it
- Drivers that run stop signs full speed, rolling stop, etc
- Drivers waiting behind a stopped car that is turning, swerving around them to get moving again
- Drivers who will turn from the wrong lane
- Pedestrians who J-Walk
- Pedestrians who run to catch a light, even if it holds up traffic
- Pedestrian lines crossing streets completely stopping all turning traffic
- Pedestrians who walk slow, normal or running while crossing
- Pedestrians who react to cars blaring their horn at them to move (potently causing a fight or something)
- Delivery vehicles stopping in one lane of traffic to make a delivery causing congestion
- Delivery men (UPS, Etc...) having wind or something knock their packages off a cart and into the road causing problems
- Bike messengers or riders - may be hard if bikes were not in the game already but they annoy the crap out of me LOL
- Motorcycle riders who swerve in and out of traffic
- Emergency vehicles responding to things that are not you etc...
Without some of these features the city would not feel like Chicago to me LOL
anyone want to add to this feel free also lets discuss other things we want to see in the world that will make it feel more *Alive*