Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Redding Indepth Stealth Interview with SneakyBastards | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Exclamation Patrick Redding Indepth Stealth Interview with SneakyBastards

Here is the Link

Check it out and let's discuss, and I am still reading it, but so far he is talking about the Stealth system, and the AI.

Edit: And it is confirmed ?!, you can upgrade goggles by adding layers to it like NV or TV to suit your style.
    Last edited by sameer_monier; 06-13-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I liked the interview a lot. They do much more with the AI. Sonar, Thermal and Night Vision Goggles seems to be confirmed now. They can be used as "layers" in the goggles which you can upgrade.

Yeah, exactly! It’s poor failure design. And I think that when you look at the games that have come out since that have embraced stealth as a mode, they’ve done a really good job of tackling that. And that’s what we’re trying to do. So one of the things we’ve done is overhaul our AI substantially. We’ve introduced new archetypes and a whole new suite of behaviours so that even in situations that require the player to go undetected – and those moments exist in our game – we’re doing it in a way where, if the player starts to screw up, they can salvage the situation. They can save the day, and silence whoever they’re dealing with, and get back to the stealth.
    That's one thing I am curious. Since SCCT I think this failure design was decreased to some point though. But Blacklist seems to support now a better much more improved gameplay loop.
    Now we hear there are moments which require you do go undetected. I mean personally it sound good to my ears, because I like Ghosting but what's with the others and what's if am not in the mood of ghosting. Some poeple won't like these moments just as I wouldn't like to have these action moments. Don't force one or the other, I have said this several times already.
    Last edited by Andre202; 06-13-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre202 View Post
    I liked the interview a lot. They do much more with the AI. Sonar, Thermal and Night Vision Goggles seems to be confirmed now. They can be used as "layers" in the goggles which you can upgrade.

That's one thing I am curious. Since SCCT I think this failure design was decreased to some point though. But Blacklist seems to support now a better much more improved gameplay loop.
    Now we hear there are moments which require you do go undetected. I mean personally it sound good to my ears, because I like Ghosting but with the others and what's if am not in the mood of ghosting. Some poeple won't like these moments just as I wouldn't like to have these action moments. Don't force one or the other, I have said this several times already.
    Yeah but You have to remember that this is a splinter Cell game, and they will give you situations where You will HAVE to go undetected because of the storyline or because that will give you the most heightened experience. Even shooter games like call of duty have levels where they force some sort of basic stealth on you. And those are usually considered the best levels in the game. Even if a player shoots alot and is then forced to go stealth, he now gets a challenge and gets a wakeup call of how exactly he was playing. Of how much more fun, sneaking by guys really is.

I think its a really good idea, since it gives the players the opportunity to shoot everything but then with that full on stealth moment they get a taste of what it is to to be a ghost. Im liking more and more of what I hear.

Of course Ill be trying to ghost the entire game.

Thanks for the link sameer, i dont know about you guys but the more i hear the more it sounds like a great sc game.

Now we hear there are moments which require you do go undetected. I mean personally it sound good to my ears, because I like Ghosting but what's with the others and what's if am not in the mood of ghosting. Some poeple won't like these moments just as I wouldn't like to have these action moments. Don't force one or the other, I have said this several times already.
    As michaelanjello said, these situation needs to be there in a mission or 2 since it is a stealth game first, but I also agree with you about the need of freedom, DE:HR really mastered that.

Also it seems if you are detected you can handle it, you can take out the guard before he sound an alarm or something, pretty good I believe, what I am really interested in and loving right now is the Focus on AI, nothing is more important in a stealth game that the AI IMO, they seem to really try to flesh them out as possible, one thing people may not like is that it seems the Stealth System now is more of Binary + LoS, rather than full spectrum light and shadow, personally I feel the good things overweight the bad.

As for the Scripted Events you are arguing about Andre, it seems we will get a few of them, well at least I am happy they are not the whole game
    so we are going to see occasional intervention in terms of scripted events, but really, we try to minimise that, because we want the player to be constantly able to take different paths. Again, AI becomes a super useful aspect of that, because we’re now using our AI to communicate a lot more story elements to players systemically in the game environment.
    and again the focus on AI, why do I feel this game maybe really amazing ?!

But even on the singleplayer side, we know that we’ve come out with a big, bright daylight bombshell. We need to also show other aspect of what the player experience will be like, and that will include the darker, shadowy, more classic kinds of environments. I think you’ll be seeing that in the coming months.
    I hope he isn't like Jade, otherwise we will have to wait till March 2013 to see anything new LOL

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

GC2012, I will be there, if they have something new planned there.
    Yeah I also like the AI focus.

GC2012, I will be there, if they have something new planned there.
    Yeah I also like the AI focus.
    GC2012 ?!, I am sorry but I didn't hear about it, what is it ?!

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Just finished reading. it seems thay know what they are doing.night and thermal are back and you can combine them,you have many options,scripted events do not ruin the game for stealth players,HUGE focus on ai improvement,
    Im getting more and more exited.cannot wait for more info.

Andre202 if you go to GC2012 dont forget to get more info about the game from the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    GC2012 ?!, I am sorry but I didn't hear about it, what is it ?!
    games com 2012 its going to happen somewhere in august i think

edit: i checked its happening 15-19 august

and we also have GDC (games developers conference) 13-15 august

So im sure we will get more info then
    Last edited by mateus99; 06-13-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast