Thread: Opinions on the AI? | Forums

Opinions on the AI?

Anyone have an idea of how the AI is? Is it Arma quality (i.e. arguments with trees, mistaking walls for doors)? Or is it a little tighter, like your team actually following you and choosing to enter a building which you enter. Thanks guys/gals.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

AI is perfect during stealth mode.

Then again, they do nothing during stealth mode. They will never, ever bust you.

During combat, don't expect them to kill anything. And I mean anything. Unless you mark it anyways, thats when they start killing stuff.

Its decent, but you need to babysit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Parano1dPFC View Post
    AI is perfect during stealth mode.

Then again, they do nothing during stealth mode. They will never, ever bust you.

During combat, don't expect them to kill anything. And I mean anything. Unless you mark it anyways, thats when they start killing stuff.

Its decent, but you need to babysit it.
    Fair enough, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Beylous View Post
    Fair enough, thanks!
    Np. I should also metion that while enemies generally notice when a shot goes past their head, as far as I can tell, they won't notice it when your allies do it. And I have seen, on occassion, them hit more than one person with their shot. ONe instance is on the second level, where you might hit a civvie, which is, well, obviously bad.

How is enemy AI? I have seen videos showing them staring at you for seconds as if asking to get shot or mindlessly running towards you one after another so that they can get shot. Do they take cover, flank, react quickly, know from which direction attack is coming? Do their reactions change as you bump game difficulty?

Np. I should also metion that while enemies generally notice when a shot goes past their head, as far as I can tell, they won't notice it when your allies do it. And I have seen, on occassion, them hit more than one person with their shot. ONe instance is on the second level, where you might hit a civvie, which is, well, obviously bad.
    LoL, ahhhh yes. The classic "oops, didn't know that civvy was standing there". You would think that, in most cases, once things start getting liberal, the people who are shopping would make a run for the nearest cover. But not always unfortunately, lol. Thanks for the update!

i hope the enemy AI in this game can be smarter and better than realistic mode on splinter cell conviction. I always like a challenge *_*.

Quote Originally Posted by siliknight View Post
    i hope the enemy AI in this game can be smarter and better than realistic mode on splinter cell conviction. I always like a challenge *_*.
    Nope, fairly dumb when it comes to stealth mode. To be fair though, you are invisible lol.

You can be standing behind them, running, but so long as you aren't sprinting, you won't alert them. Also, their range of vision even when you are running is pretty pathetic.

Sorry to say it, but its not a challenge at all.

Try Deus Ex, Rid****, Hitman, or Crysis if you want a challenging stealth game.

Edit: One of those was censored. I meant these two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chr...om_*****er_Bay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chr...on_Dark_Athena

Edit #2: These two:

-Game #1

-Game #2

Censorship is moronic.
    Last edited by Parano1dPFC; 06-16-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Nope, fairly dumb when it comes to stealth mode. To be fair though, you are invisible lol.

You can be standing behind them, running, but so long as you aren't sprinting, you won't alert them. Also, their range of vision even when you are running is pretty pathetic.

Sorry to say it, but its not a challenge at all.

Try Deus Ex, Rid****, Hitman, or Crysis if you want a challenging stealth game.

Edit: One of those was censored. I meant these two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chr...om_*****er_Bay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chr...on_Dark_Athena

Edit #2: These two:

-Game #1

-Game #2

Censorship is moronic.
    The Chronicles of RidJohnson was pretty good. I have to admit. My all time favorite as far as stealth goes would have to be Thief. I recall having a b0ner for about a week after that came out.......there I said it.