Thread: Assassins Creed 3 - Weren't the Founding Fathers Masons (Templars)? | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Season Pass Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassins Creed 3 - Weren't the Founding Fathers Masons (Templars)?

In the E3 video, we see a British redcoat leader being killed, and a templar insignia on him, however, the founding fathers were made up of many Free Masons, an order that has been traced to the Knights Templar.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

they could be templars but i kinda doubt ubi would do that. still theirs a chance

Freemasons yes, but not definitely Templars. The Freemasons have never been officially confirmed to be an offshoot of the Templars. Many believe that the Freemasons were formed by Templars who had traveled to the new world.

Freemasons are technically the Templars of the new world its not like they were going to call themselves New Templars they kind of have the same Ideas on things but approach them differently

Pretty much why people believe George Washington was a Templar. Therefore, George is the target for "chopping that cherry tree!!!!!!" haha I kid. I really cannot wait how the story (Templar vs Assassins) unfold during that time period.

In regards to this I feel like repeating something I said on another topic some time ago:

I just want to give my input on this. In REAL life, which does not mean AC lore, the Freemasons are BELIEVED to be a modern day Templar organization, but that isn't factual.

If you want to have George Washington as a Templar because he was a Freemason, you have to take a few things into consideration. Firstly, in real life the Templars weren't a centuries-old order that was manipulating mankind and trying to control it to create a New World Order. They were just the Knights Templar, a knightly order.

The Templars in AC want peace for mankind via control over them, and don't believe that the people are capable of their own actions and decisions; they have to be guided. The Templars see themselves as those protectors of humanity, who aim to guide and steer them towards peace. They weren't greedy, mad, evil, bad, or anything like that. They have their beliefs just like the Assassins do. The Assassins believe that people are in fact capable of making their own decisions, and belief that with free will mankind will lead itself towards peace. They don't involve themselves with the affairs of the people or actively support them, but their task is to eliminate the Templars and anyone else who would take away the people's freedom. Both are open-minded towards religion and don't actively practice any religion or religious belief.

Now, if you take a look here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemas...and_activities - you will see that the ideologies of the Freemasons are nothing alike those of either the Templars or Assassins, only that "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" kind of relates to the Assassins' beliefs. Now, I don't think you can just call someone a Templar in AC because he was a Freemason in real life. That's just too easy and shallow.

It isn't relevant how George Washington was as a person, whether he was nice or mean, or warm or harsh. George Washington and the other revolutionaries fought for the freedom of the colonists. After they claimed their independence, they made a democracy and held elections on who would become the President of the United States. The Templars heavily oppose democracy, while the Assassins support it. The Templars frequently rigged elections to install their own guys as Presidents, like Lyndon B. Johnson and George W. Bush. If George Washington was a Templar as well, I also don't think that he would fight to make America independent from the British Empire, when the Templars want to unite humanity under their own banner. My own interpretation to this whole thing may be completely off the mark though, but this is just my two cents. I personally don't see Washington and the other revolutionaries as Templars or Assassins, but I see the Freemasons as an independent organization that most likely had connections to the Assassins, at least during the American Revolution. I can definitely see the Illuminati as Templars, though, as cliché as it may sound, but I can't see it differently. It may be worthy to add that Washington became warning and distrustful of Illuminism by the time the French Revolution was raging on.