Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow that's some beastly DRM you got thar Ubi | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Wow that's some beastly DRM you got thar Ubi

So apparently I can't download/use/play the game I bought and paid for because 30 days have passed.

I had to wipe my hard drive and re install windows, so I needed to re download my game client, but nope! Not allowed to because you only have access to the product you paid for, for 30 days...

wtf Ubi??
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ah, nah if you have the key.

Use some official torrent to achieve the game.
    Playing on: W7Pro 64bits, Intel Pentium E6600, 6GB, ATI HD5750 CSS 11.7, 1600x1200 HP LP2065

I remember seeing somewhere that it is possible to still grab your copy online, it's just a sneaky roundabout way. I think Ubi-Mush linked to it a while back.

No, that just cant be !! Ubisoft is a serious company that cares about it's customers and would never screw them over.... oh.... wait.... nvm.....

You're probably gonna have to grab it off a torrent. It's just one of the fun moments you get by buying their games from their shop. Next time you wanna buy digital just get it from steam.

Hi Fyrestorme, could you contact technical support with proof of purchase please? you could also contact UbiShop, either way they should be able to help you.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

I'm fairly certain that if you want dynasty features you need the official copy. I would not recommend torrenting. That will just produce a hassle later on with online features,new updates and content (I REALLY hope a new race is included in that), and such. Others, I suppose, would disagree, but if you can manage to get it, it's worth the trouble.

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA pennygod's Avatar
    The purchases that you make through the Ubishop online store has a one month download period. If you have exceeded that month you will need to purchase either an Extended Download Service or a Backup Disk. When opening up your order on the website you will see these options at the bottom of the Order Details page.

Quote Originally Posted by pennygod View Post
    The purchases that you make through the Ubishop online store has a one month download period. If you have exceeded that month you will need to purchase either an Extended Download Service or a Backup Disk. When opening up your order on the website you will see these options at the bottom of the Order Details page.
    I'm sorry, but if I understand this right, it basically means that if you purchase a product through your store online, you can get it for a month, and after that, it's as if you never bought it in the first place? And you have to pay extra for the privilege of re-downloading the product. That you paid for?

Please tell me I'm wrong about this, because that seems... somewhat completely mental, if I might be blunt.

So basicly you guys ask people to just give you more money so they can keep downloading their already PURCHASED LEGIT copy from your servers ? No offence but this is why i avoid Ubisoft's shop like the plague. I wonder how you even manage to sell things under these conditions, people should really just use Steam if they want to buy digital.

Good to know. Now I know not to make a purchase through that shop, ever.

Steam doesn't have such ridiculous restrictions.

I guess this also goes for DLC? In that case, you better release any "expansions" for Heroes on disc or I won't buy them, either.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast