Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My thoughts on GRFS, Agree or Disagree? | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MaDeToFaDe View Post
    I tweeted Redstorm about the spectator camera, and being able to pivot the camera. They said it was to stop dead players having an influence on the match.
    Dead players do have an influence over the match. It's called party chat.. Get rid of party chat in Seige, Problem solved.

The camera pivot is just poor design and from what I have seen so far, It wouldn't surprise me if it is just another problem they just don't know how to fix. If I'm spectating, I wan't to spectate, see and enjoy the game. I don't want to look at a screen cluttered with stuff and have no view of the gameplay. Umm, Ubisoft, is there anybody out there?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    fail....agreed

This is not GRAW 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIsaac View Post
    This is not GRAW 3.
    Nobody said it was GRAW3, what point are you trying to make?

I think the bigger question here is how much it the Ultra Premium Elite Ghost Recon service gonna cost? $50? $100? And what "super special u gotta have" benefits is it gonna have? ooooo i know i know, a special knife, new weapon camo's, and access to all the map packs without buying them separate!

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil1990 View Post
    I hate to say this as I am a GR fan but this game is a fail, they seem to have looked at every major game and took all the worse parts out of each and thrown it into GRFS. I have never know a bunch of devs so out of touch with their franchise and fan base.
    I'm also a Ghost Recon fan, and I think Future Soldier is the best in the franchise. It has changed quite alot from the previous games, but GRAW was much different from the original games so it's been a pretty drastic evolution from the start. I think anyone who's been playing from game one is going to have preferences, so saying the developers are out of touch with their own fan base is kind of a brash generalization.

Spawn System
    GR is famous for getting spawn camped and we are now in 2012 yet this is just as bad if not worse than previous titles.
    It still certainly has it's problems, but being able to spawn on teammates, having alternate spawns, and the moving objectives (in Conflict anyway) are a huge improvement. Very rarely have I been completely trapped in my spawn like in GRAW 1/2 within the first few minutes of the match and not been able to get out for the remainder.

Servers
    I have never known UBI servers to be so bad, they are even worse than EA servers for downtime, and that is before I even get into hit detection and lag.
    It's peer to peer, threre aren't dedicated servers. For the most part I've had no problems with connections, but I sympathize for anyone having a tough time. Peer to peer is always tricky; you're at the mercy of the host's connection. Hopefully the netcode gets smoothed out soon for anyone having problems.

Ranking System
    Everyone enjoyed TrueSkill rank on previous GR series so why they changed it to the repetitive COD style ranking (unlock) system is beyond me, people have grown tired of this after 5+ years of cod.
    I'm not a fan of unlock systems either and am rather disappointed they followed the trend, but that said I think they did an amazing job balancing everything. The starting weapons and equipment are certainly capable, and it doesn't take that long to unlock everything (at level 40 you have everything). I'm not sure about the TruSkill thing, for all I know it's still used and just in the backend. Just like everyone's rank is hidden it's possible everyone has a TruSkill rank they don't know about. Either way the teams usually get mixed up fairly regularly, so even if it's random it's not that big of a deal.

Weapons
    What is the point in adding gunsmith when realistically there are very few weapons actually worth using? LMG weapons are useless why people would choose one of these
    I don't know.
    If you think LMGs are useless you're not using them right. They're absolutely devestating in the right hands. I also prefer gunsmith than having a hundred guns with little customization because even then there's still usually only a handful that people actually use.

Game modes
    Decoy - is based on luck and takes out every fair play aspect of the modern day game, whoever thought this game mode would be a good Idea is wrong.
    Siege - Best of 3? you spend 20 seconds in a loading screen and if defending a further 20 seconds to spawn, this is longer than the full game of siege takes sometimes, please up the rounds for this game mode.
    I'm not a fan of Decoy either, but mainly because it takes way too long. There's certainly some strategy there, but it's just not my thing. Siege I really like, though. When you have two teams who know what they're doing it can take pretty close to the full fifteen minutes to finish. That said I wouldn't mind a best of five.

Spectate
    The screen for spectate is so cluttered and you can't turn the camera, so when one of you team mates is taking cover on a wall you can't even see what is going on which makes viewing of the action awful to watch.
    Well, when you spectate you're dead, so I think being able to turn the camera and act as a second set of eyes would be too much of an advantage for anyone with a mic. You're basically just waiting for the next round.

Cover
    Whoever decided to insert cover in to a GR series obviously does not know what GR is about,GR is about blending into your surroundings and not simply sticking onto a wall, gears of war style. Also the built in pre aim marker makes people abuse cover without ever being seen therefore promotes cover campers.
    Camping in Future Soldier is nothing compared to camping in the previous games. Cover makes sense for a military shooter, even if Gears was the game to popularize and perfect it. The pre aim reticle is a carry-over from Rainbow Six, and it works fine because you should have an advantage while in cover over someone running in the open. I remember in GRAW the strategy was to camp around a corner and strafe back and forth waiting for someone to pop up and spray them while they couldn't see you. This works much better.

Customisability
    This is what GR was made famous for yet we have no customisation at all in this game, 99% of customisable rooms on older GR games had all intel and explosives turned OFF and none of this is available in GRFS, It really is a kick in the teeth to the GR fans and goes against everything the game once stood for.
    I love being able to customize aspects of the game, and it's a little disappointing the options weren't included here. However, having universial rules has it's advantages as well. You're not splitting the community between default settings and custom rooms, and everyone knows what to expect when they join a match. I think in the long run this will be more beneficial as the game gets tweaked and updated to reflect feedback and whatever data Ubisoft is collecting the game will improve as a whole rather than having hundreds of splinter groups of players setting rules to conform to their personal playstyles.

Maps
    In my opinion the map design is poor, there are way to many choke points and some spawning positions are just ridiculous (Rig), there needs to be more variety of maps because the ones we have at the minute have already become tiresome and repetitive. We need maps In the night and also maps with different weather conditions.
    If they had night maps they'd also have to include night vision goggles or something because right now the only option is the thermal scope that you have to unlock. I'm all for variety, but playing fifteen minutes staring at a lime green screen gets kind of nauseating. Sandstorm has some cool weather effects, and I'd imagine the Arctic pack coming out will have some snowstorms. As for the map design, I think they're done rather well. Every map has some great flanking routes and lines of sight, it just sounds like you haven't played them enough to appreciate them.

Objective Locations
    Why exactly are there siege points directly in he middle of every map? this is so stupid on so many levels! I can honestly say I have never been spawn killed on Siege before until GRFS.
    Also Decoy objectives are so random and you winning or losing depends on luck, who want's to play a game mode is is dependent on luck?
    The Siege points are in the middle of the maps because the attackers spawn point is random, so the defenders can't just set up defenses at the routes the attacking team would have to take. The "real" objective in Decoy is random, but the final objective is always in the same place. Having to think on your feet and coordinate between objectives, splitting your team or hitting a single spot hard does require strategy, so it's not really all about luck.

Siege Barriers
    If the map design wasn't so uneven and the Siege bases where not right in the middle of the map then there would be no need for these barriers, the Siege base should be at the oppositions spawn like the previous GRAW's. The amount of times I have been killed as I spawn on RIG and Alpha (among others) is ridiculous, there really is no need to put the Siege bases slap bang in the middle of the map.
    Already addressed above.

So overall you can probably guess i'm pretty unhappy, and for all those new to the GR series who like this game, I guess you guys never played the other GR titles because they would have blown you away, the matches where so intense and the game really had the re-playability factor unlike GRFS.

To all the people that played the previous GR titles this really is a kick in the teeth to the majority of us, Tom Clancy would be turning in his grave.
    Speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil1990 View Post
    I hate to say this as I am a GR fan but this game is a fail, they seem to have looked at every major game and took all the worse parts out of each and thrown it into GRFS. I have never know a bunch of devs so out of touch with their franchise and fan base.

Spawn System
    GR is famous for getting spawn camped and we are now in 2012 yet this is just as bad if not worse than previous titles.

Servers
    I have never known UBI servers to be so bad, they are even worse than EA servers for downtime, and that is before I even get into hit detection and lag.

Ranking System
    Everyone enjoyed TrueSkill rank on previous GR series so why they changed it to the repetitive COD style ranking (unlock) system is beyond me, people have grown tired of this after 5+ years of cod.

Weapons
    What is the point in adding gunsmith when realistically there are very few weapons actually worth using? LMG weapons are useless why people would choose one of these
    I don't know.

Game modes
    Decoy - is based on luck and takes out every fair play aspect of the modern day game, whoever thought this game mode would be a good Idea is wrong.
    Siege - Best of 3? you spend 20 seconds in a loading screen and if defending a further 20 seconds to spawn, this is longer than the full game of siege takes sometimes, please up the rounds for this game mode.

Spectate
    The screen for spectate is so cluttered and you can't turn the camera, so when one of you team mates is taking cover on a wall you can't even see what is going on which makes viewing of the action awful to watch.

Cover
    Whoever decided to insert cover in to a GR series obviously does not know what GR is about,GR is about blending into your surroundings and not simply sticking onto a wall, gears of war style. Also the built in pre aim marker makes people abuse cover without ever being seen therefore promotes cover campers.

Customisability
    This is what GR was made famous for yet we have no customisation at all in this game, 99% of customisable rooms on older GR games had all intel and explosives turned OFF and none of this is available in GRFS, It really is a kick in the teeth to the GR fans and goes against everything the game once stood for.

Maps
    In my opinion the map design is poor, there are way to many choke points and some spawning positions are just ridiculous (Rig), there needs to be more variety of maps because the ones we have at the minute have already become tiresome and repetitive. We need maps In the night and also maps with different weather conditions.

Objective Locations
    Why exactly are there siege points directly in he middle of every map? this is so stupid on so many levels! I can honestly say I have never been spawn killed on Siege before until GRFS.
    Also Decoy objectives are so random and you winning or losing depends on luck, who want's to play a game mode is is dependent on luck?

Siege Barriers
    If the map design wasn't so uneven and the Siege bases where not right in the middle of the map then there would be no need for these barriers, the Siege base should be at the oppositions spawn like the previous GRAW's. The amount of times I have been killed as I spawn on RIG and Alpha (among others) is ridiculous, there really is no need to put the Siege bases slap bang in the middle of the map.

---------------------------

So overall you can probably guess i'm pretty unhappy, and for all those new to the GR series who like this game, I guess you guys never played the other GR titles because they would have blown you away, the matches where so intense and the game really had the re-playability factor unlike GRFS.

To all the people that played the previous GR titles this really is a kick in the teeth to the majority of us, Tom Clancy would be turning in his grave.
    100% Agree, why we can't customize the settings in multiplayer is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by satanisgreat View Post
    I'm also a Ghost Recon fan, and I think Future Soldier is the best in the franchise. It has changed quite alot from the previous games, but GRAW was much different from the original games so it's been a pretty drastic evolution from the start. I think anyone who's been playing from game one is going to have preferences, so saying the developers are out of touch with their own fan base is kind of a brash generalization.

It still certainly has it's problems, but being able to spawn on teammates, having alternate spawns, and the moving objectives (in Conflict anyway) are a huge improvement. Very rarely have I been completely trapped in my spawn like in GRAW 1/2 within the first few minutes of the match and not been able to get out for the remainder.

It's peer to peer, threre aren't dedicated servers. For the most part I've had no problems with connections, but I sympathize for anyone having a tough time. Peer to peer is always tricky; you're at the mercy of the host's connection. Hopefully the netcode gets smoothed out soon for anyone having problems.

I'm not a fan of unlock systems either and am rather disappointed they followed the trend, but that said I think they did an amazing job balancing everything. The starting weapons and equipment are certainly capable, and it doesn't take that long to unlock everything (at level 40 you have everything). I'm not sure about the TruSkill thing, for all I know it's still used and just in the backend. Just like everyone's rank is hidden it's possible everyone has a TruSkill rank they don't know about. Either way the teams usually get mixed up fairly regularly, so even if it's random it's not that big of a deal.

If you think LMGs are useless you're not using them right. They're absolutely devestating in the right hands. I also prefer gunsmith than having a hundred guns with little customization because even then there's still usually only a handful that people actually use.

I'm not a fan of Decoy either, but mainly because it takes way too long. There's certainly some strategy there, but it's just not my thing. Siege I really like, though. When you have two teams who know what they're doing it can take pretty close to the full fifteen minutes to finish. That said I wouldn't mind a best of five.

Well, when you spectate you're dead, so I think being able to turn the camera and act as a second set of eyes would be too much of an advantage for anyone with a mic. You're basically just waiting for the next round.

Camping in Future Soldier is nothing compared to camping in the previous games. Cover makes sense for a military shooter, even if Gears was the game to popularize and perfect it. The pre aim reticle is a carry-over from Rainbow Six, and it works fine because you should have an advantage while in cover over someone running in the open. I remember in GRAW the strategy was to camp around a corner and strafe back and forth waiting for someone to pop up and spray them while they couldn't see you. This works much better.

I love being able to customize aspects of the game, and it's a little disappointing the options weren't included here. However, having universial rules has it's advantages as well. You're not splitting the community between default settings and custom rooms, and everyone knows what to expect when they join a match. I think in the long run this will be more beneficial as the game gets tweaked and updated to reflect feedback and whatever data Ubisoft is collecting the game will improve as a whole rather than having hundreds of splinter groups of players setting rules to conform to their personal playstyles.

If they had night maps they'd also have to include night vision goggles or something because right now the only option is the thermal scope that you have to unlock. I'm all for variety, but playing fifteen minutes staring at a lime green screen gets kind of nauseating. Sandstorm has some cool weather effects, and I'd imagine the Arctic pack coming out will have some snowstorms. As for the map design, I think they're done rather well. Every map has some great flanking routes and lines of sight, it just sounds like you haven't played them enough to appreciate them.

The Siege points are in the middle of the maps because the attackers spawn point is random, so the defenders can't just set up defenses at the routes the attacking team would have to take. The "real" objective in Decoy is random, but the final objective is always in the same place. Having to think on your feet and coordinate between objectives, splitting your team or hitting a single spot hard does require strategy, so it's not really all about luck.

Already addressed above.

Speak for yourself.
    I believe you speak for a minority, I refuse to believe that a lot of vets of the GR series actually like this game.

As for the competitive side of the game, MLG Gamebattles use to have 20+ pages of teams that where active playing clan matches, if you take a look now there is just over 1 active page. That to me indicates failure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12