Thread: Petition: Give Us Dedicated Servers!! *Please Sign* | Forums

Petition: Give Us Dedicated Servers!! *Please Sign*

I made this petition please sign if agree
    http://www.change.org/petitions/ubis...cated-servers#
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

It's not gonna happen, no matter how many people sign it.
    They'd have to completely rework the network architecture to support it, so it'd get delayed by several months and add additional costs.

Regards,
    Nexo

I would be willing to wait and pay $10 dollars more for a properly done game. And I know a lot of people that feel the same.

You really think Nexo it requires so much code-development ?
    In truth it is not far different from a listenserver. A dedicated server has just some components disabled: Videosubsystem, renderer, clientpart. It is not much more else except some administration-commands and a remoteconsole. If they programmed dirty they can get trouble to seperate the clientpart from the coregamecode. But I'm not so sure about Unreal Tournament 2004 as Epic-Games did not like ID-Software release their sourcecode for public.
    Anyway if they really have listenservers and not invent a peer to peer networksystem (very unlikely) it won't takes longer than a week or even less time to get that done.

So and I won't buy that game either as it does not even met the minimum standards for a FPS-Game whichs sets Quake 3 and not CoD-MW2.
    Last edited by IceNinjamen; 06-13-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceNinjamen View Post
    Text.
    Then they have to update the matchmaking, Ghost Recon Network, menues, etc.
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not something they can just throw in on such short notice.

I mean they've already had to delay a couple weeks and that's just to get the game working on PC and adding DX11 shinies.
    If it really were so simple, then why haven't they done it? They know we want it. That much is obvious.

Regards,
    Nexo
    Last edited by Nexolate; 06-13-2012 at 10:25 AM.