Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will the Arctic Strike DLC weapons be useable offline? | Forums

Oh I read your explanation. And I understood it. Maybe you aren't understanding me? My point is it shouldn't need to go through uPlay to authenticate it and it doesn't actually need to. Seems they have just decided to do it this way, even for multiplayer offline in system link which is flat out ridiculous. And on that basis I'll not be buying it.

As much as I'd like the new weapons I refuse to be forced to log into a Ubisoft server to use DLC offline on a console for DLC that I've paid for and downloaded via the Microsoft marketplace.
    Last edited by shotpower; 07-12-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

-sighs- Locked offline still anyways? That's f-cking stupid, almost as bad as Dark Souls and it's offline shenanigans.
    Last edited by Chaos Isaac; 07-12-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganon16 View Post
    My gun does the thinking, bullets just share the ideas.

I agree with the OP, what is the point of including this content in offline modes, when you have to be online just to use it?

Remember the days where we owned the DLC regardless of a bloody internet connection? Good times.....

I really hope you will be able to use them offline. It would be cool if they would pop up in Guerilla mode, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordio99 View Post
    I really hope you will be able to use them offline. It would be cool if they would pop up in Guerilla mode, too.
    You definitely can use them in Campaign. When IGN did their stream, they were using the Mk17 PDW.
    Whether they'll be usable without being online on Uplay though, I doubt it, unfortunately. It was the same with Conviction.

Regards,
    Nexo

i could care less about off line content. in my opinion single player stuff should be done away with all together and just have shooter games like these 100% online without dumb stories taking up disk space. however i agree with the OP. remember starcraft? you could install the game on 4 different computers and play LAN games off 1 CD. now starcraft 2 has to be online to even play the story mode.

EA is doing this with all their games. if you buy a used copy of this game your gunna have to pay EA another 10 to get a new Uplay account to play it online. stuff like this will put gamestop out of biss.i feel your pain bro. i think people like you are uncommon enjoying all the aspects of off line and online content GRFS has to offer compared to people like me who just want online bang bang. Ubisoft and EA games are hurting them selves when they lock down a game as much as they are now. you paid for it and you shouldn't have to be online to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexolate View Post
    You definitely can use them in Campaign. When IGN did their stream, they were using the Mk17 PDW.
    Whether they'll be usable without being online on Uplay though, I doubt it, unfortunately. It was the same with Conviction.

Regards,
    Nexo
    It wasn't the same with Conviction though. You didn't have to be online to use any of the DLC you bought (there was only one map pack anyway). You had to go online each week to unlock the free weekly stuff but then you didn't have to be online to use it after you unlocked it.
    Hold square to shoot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123