Thread: Can't Play Because of Norton 360 | Forums

Can't Play Because of Norton 360

Hi. I'm new to the forums. This is the first post I made. I only played GRO for 3 days then the servers went off. After a week, it still said the servers were down but just for fun, I clicked start game. 5 seconds later, it said that the windows cannot find yeti.exe. Then on the bottom right, Norton 360 said yet.exe is dangerous. What should I do? GRO is a really fun game. The best 3rd person shooter I've ever played. Please, help me...

The servers have been down for a while due to them updating the client. They are scheduled to come back online sometime towards the middle of this month. As far as the virus, I can say with acertain degree of certainty that it you got a false positive. Trying reinstalling the beta client with the new patch that has recently become available.

I would advise against downloading the game again until chemzero announces the start of Closed Beta Phase 3. Here's his explanation:

Quote Originally Posted by chemzero View Post
    I wouldn't doubt you'll see another update or two before the start of phase 3. Your launcher will download any update to the build, but you won't be able to play it. I'd say that, if you have a low data transfer cap, save your bandwidth and wait for the official start date to be announced

It seems that many Anti-Virus programs have flagged some of the latest update files as harmful. This is what is referred to as a "false-positive", meaning that it's not actually dangerous.

You will likely have to do the following to get your game running again:

1. Set the entire Ghost Recon Online installation directory as an exception in Norton 360. I don't use Norton products so you'll have to Google on how to do this.
    2. Restrore the "infected" or "harmful" file (in this case, "Yeti_Release.exe") to its original location.

Alternatively you can temporarily disable your Anti-Virus if it's just blocking Yeti and it hasn't moved/hidden it in a virus-vault somewhere. I don't recommend this though.

If you're still having problems, please submit a support ticket by clicking the following link:
    http://ghostrecononline.us.ubi.com/support/
    Forum Moderator
    Tom Clancy's The Division

Forum Rules
    Sig, Avatar, & Image Guidelines

Official Website
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

Problem got fixed after the stuff about phase 3 got posted. But the servers are still offline. Why?..

The servers will be back online on June 18th!
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1286450&dateline=1350  672038

June 18th is tommorow. Finally. I only got to play the game for a day...I'm sure other people have too..

I'm having isses with this yeti.exe as well.

I also run Norton 360, but it automatically deleted the file, so even if I disabled Norton, the file is gone, so now GRO complains that it can't find Yeti.exe

Forum Moderator
    Tom Clancy's The Division

Forum Rules
    Sig, Avatar, & Image Guidelines

Official Website
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter