Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacklist Spy vs Merc | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Blacklist Spy vs Merc

Hi Ubisoft Blacklist Dev Team

I am a veteran from the days of Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory when the multiplayer was truly competitive and fun to play, I can’t even tell how many hundreds of hours I played on the Temple Mount Hospital, Schermerhorn, Deftech the list goes on. The multiplayer back then was the best I have ever experienced out of all the Splinter Cell games to date. The closest it ever came was when you released Double Agent but with the lack of gadgets it fell short of being as fun and challenging to play, it was more a case of run and hide and that’s all we did in Double Agent not fun or thought provoking unlike its two predecessors, Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory, both games made you think constantly of what will happen if I trip this or activate that or take him down there. The team work involved in both games was a must with constant communication with your Xbox Live buddy to take down mercs or spys, please bring this back? I sincerely hope you guys go back and look at what worked so well in the first two multiplayer games Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. I also hope you bring back or improve some of the cool gadgets we had at our disposal which made the multiplayer very challenging and so competitive and so much fun.

In addition please keep the camera views as they were in the original multiplayer, first person for mercs and third person for spies. Oh and please keep Sam's old moves there is no need to change them all, maybe mix it up and add so new ones.

Gadgets to consider?

Mercenaries:

AR~ ARGUS M-160 Assault Rifle w/ 40mm Grenade Launcher
    FM~ Fragmentation Grenade PG ~ Phosphorus Grenade
    FR~ Flare
    TZ~ Tazer
    PM~ Proximity/Laser Mine
    ST~ Spy Trap

Spies:

PN~ P190 Submachine Gun w/ 40mm Grenade Launcher
    SI~ Smoke Grenade
    FH~ Flashbang Grenade
    CH~ Chaff Grenade
    SB~ Spy Bullet
    AT~ Alarm Snare
    SD~ Sticky Camera

When do you expect to release more information regarding the multiplayer (Spy vs Merc) and will there be lots of cool gadgets at our disposal. Will there be any chance we might even see any of the old maps from Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory being re-imagined as a nod to your devoted fan base? Or just give us cool maps where the light and shadows can be used to the advantage of both mercs and spy’s.

The single player aspect of all Splinter Cell games has been amazing no complaints from me what so ever. But the multiplayer I will not play simply because it is not as good as Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory.

Can’t wait to play Blacklist.

Cheers
    Phil
    Last edited by bioshocksplicer; 06-25-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Changed spacing.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I would hate if a spy had a submarine gun. I hope you meant his taser gun

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ops- View Post
    I would hate if a spy had a submarine gun. I hope you meant his taser gun
    The Submarine Gun is compatible with Sonar Goggles.

As a spy you use the Sonar Goggles to lock on to a merc and then use the Submarine Gun to shoot the Red October at them.

It's a sad day when fans have to make lists of gadgets that should already have stayed in the series multiplayer as "gadgets to consider".

Quote Originally Posted by NoBirdSing View Post
    It's a sad day when fans have to make lists of gadgets that should already have stayed in the series multiplayer as "gadgets to consider".
    If you don't ask or shout out they will not listen, I 100% agree with you, all the gadgets should of stayed in the multiplayer.

What if both SvM styles are present,SCPT/SCCT and SCDA?It actualy would give more game modes this way as people would be able to play both SvM styles in respectable gamemodes.

I remember those games well Phil, hopefully the devs will deliver a fast paced SvM game. I'm hoping if they have all the new elements encorperated into the multiplayer that we will have the options to disable things like in chaos theory.

I'm looking forward to some more fun times on SvM Phil, after I've snapped your neck few times that is
    Last edited by Jackwynder; 06-14-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: typo

I like the ideas OP has except spies having guns in this way. I don't think SvM could ever be close to true to itself if spies had guns. I don't like the sonar goggles either... in any part of Splinter Cell. They have so much to work with when thinking about SvM, just as they do with sp but they seem to be limiting themselves on purpose. Just think about it... one reason I am disappointed the xbox servers have been shut down, it would make great research material.
    --
    Proud Ironside n00b
    Eine triefende stulle ist keine glückliche stulle.

Quote Originally Posted by MadamTampini View Post
    I like the ideas OP has except spies having guns in this way. I don't think SvM could ever be close to true to itself if spies had guns. I don't like the sonar goggles either... in any part of Splinter Cell. They have so much to work with when thinking about SvM, just as they do with sp but they seem to be limiting themselves on purpose. Just think about it... one reason I am disappointed the xbox servers have been shut down, it would make great research material.
    Yeah there was a lot of people upset when they shut the servers down me included.

We will have to reserve judgement until we get our hands on the game, just hope its nothing like Double Agent multiplayer because it was not one of their better attempts.

I wish I could still play Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory over Live.

Cheers
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by jackwynder View Post
    I remember those games well Phil, hopefully the devs will deliver a fast paced SvM game. I'm hoping if they have all the new elements encorperated into the multiplayer that we will have the options to disable things like in chaos theory.

I'm looking forward to some more fun times on SvM Phil, after I've snapped your neck few times that is
    You won't be snapping my neck because we will be on the same team buddy...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast