Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Return of SHADOWNET SvM [?!] | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Vets, get your asses in here... The randy's are taking over!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by RockkStarr View Post
    Vets, get your asses in here... The randy's are taking over!
    I've played every SC and agree with reddragon about the fluidity of DA SvM, been able to fly about the map as a spy without fear of mines dotted around corners made for some interesting situations. I felt like a ninja but at the same time you had to "visually" know what was happening and not rely aids. If anything DA multi made the Merc more a part of the game more by giving them the edge and freedom to move around the map without been sucker punched or frozen in place while keeping the balance between them.

All they did was remove the spies gun and merc's mines didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by RKHarrsion View Post
    I've played every SC and agree with reddragon about the fluidity of DA SvM, been able to fly about the map as a spy without fear of mines dotted around corners made for some interesting situations. I felt like a ninja but at the same time you had to "visually" know what was happening and not rely aids. If anything DA multi made the Merc more a part of the game more by giving them the edge and freedom to move around the map without been sucker punched or frozen in place while keeping the balance between them.

All they did was remove the spies gun and merc's mines didn't they?
    "All they did was remove the spies gun and merc's mines didn't they?" You don't get it. First of all, taking away the mines meant there was no longer any accountability for the spies to be stealthy and sneaky since they could now run around "like a ninja" as you put it. Not only that, there was a whole laundry list more of watered down features besides the removal of mines and spy guns included in DA which only served to cater to those who wanted instant satisfaction, dumbing it down to the point of madness for those who actually knew how to play the multiplayer games before. Things like:

1) Automatic radar for the mercs that went off whenever a spy was near (so much for stealth)
    2) One gadget at a time for each team
    3) Unlimited ammo (really??)
    4) The bright white outline that automatically appeared around a spy on a mercs screen when spies ran
    5) The removal of the ability to elbow mercs as a spy/ spy to defend themselves at all

That's just off the top of my head, but you get the point... You can literally stand up and haul *** running through the level with no consequences...

But hey, who needs that when you're a ninja, right?

Smh -_-
    Last edited by NoBirdSing; 06-08-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBirdSing View Post
    "All they did was remove the spies gun and merc's mines didn't they?" You don't get it. First of all, taking away the mines meant there was no longer any accountability for the spies to be stealthy and sneaky since they could now run around "like a ninja" as you put it. Not only that, there was a whole laundry list more of watered down features besides the removal of mines and spy guns included in DA which only served to cater to those who wanted instant satisfaction, dumbing it down to the point of madness for those who actually knew how to play the multiplayer games before. Things like:

1) Automatic radar for the mercs that went off whenever a spy was near (so much for stealth)
    4) The bright white outline that automatically appeared around a spy on a mercs screen when spies ran
    5) The removal of the ability to elbow mercs as a spy/ spy to defend themselves at all

That's just off the top of my head, but you get the point... You can literally stand up and haul *** running through the level with no consequences...

But hey, who needs that when you're a ninja, right?

Smh -_-
    Couldn't agree more. However, I would take a DA type SvM over none at all. Hopefully it is SvM CT style though.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBirdSing View Post

Merc's had the auto radar to account for the openness of the maps in DA and it complemented the way Spies could hack from anywhere allowing Merc to now actively seek and destroy. Spies had to be aware of the Merc's closing in and avoid been detected. If Spies were to have the radar in DA + the ability to hack from anywhere it would of been extremely easy to always retrieve a data core.

I know both Spies and Merc lost a lot of their abilities in DA but I think this helped more players hit the ground running instead of creating over complicated game strategies and over playing situations. "Merc's are here better run!" Is what they were going for (even the trailer pointed this out) this is most likely why there is no melee for spies to simply elbowing your way out the door. It wasn't going to reenforce the gameplay they were looking for. Doesn't elbowing your way to safety also contradict your "No Consequence" theory?

As for the outline thing, it work well with the speed of the game in DA and its a chance the spy takes speed over exposure, also did the infinity ammo really spoil the game? Half the time you were running back to restock grenade and drones so even if it wasn't infinite ammo you properly wouldn't of notice.

Did the DA SvM not play well? Even without all these features it was still balanced and there were still strategies at higher levels of competition there is no way you went unpunished against equal opponents in DA either, all your arguing there is skill level.

But sure if you only want to play 33% of the map at the beginning of game and have brawls in corridors instead of been stealthy like a spy should be be my guest, can you even tell me why DA needed spy guns or mine's or an abundant selection of equipment if it made getting into the game and enjoying it harder? I get it you want more stuff in the game but if the game wasn't going to work with all this stuff in Im glad they went through with the option to remove it and create something worth playing, there could well be more stuff in BL but if the gameplay is hampered by it all its not going to work.

You must of enjoyed playing DA right? I thought Maps were well designed and had multiple routes and you never felt out of your depth play either fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by RKHarrsion View Post
    Merc's had the auto radar to account for the openness of the maps in DA and it complemented the way Spies could hack from anywhere allowing Merc to now actively seek and destroy.
    Then what's the point in stealth? So you either stay stealthy and eventually get detected by mercs auto-radar, or run away and have your whole body lit up with an outline (so much for using a smoke grenade), or say you run away where the mercs cannot see you - that is where mines came in. It meant you actually had to be careful instead of recklessly fleeing the scene with no regard for consequence every time a merc showed up and then starting all over again.. finding a new spot.. sitting still until a merc came..then running away.. finding a new spot.. then sitting still and hacking.. then running away when a merc came.. I mean jesus, don't you see the monotonous pattern here?

Doesn't elbowing your way to safety also contradict your "No Consequence" theory?
    No? Where was it ever stated that elbowing=safety? That's why there was a risk factor, because the mercs used to also have the ability to berserk. But I guess that was yet another one of those "complicated game strategies" wasn't it? The elbow was nothing more than a stall and by no means a be all end all for any type of safety.

As for the outline thing, it work well with the speed of the game in DA and its a chance the spy takes speed over exposure
    There was no reason at all for the outline to be automatic, this is another one of those dumbed down featured you're somehow not queuing into. That's where motion tracking came in, as an optional vision, instead of some automatic outline that was put up the second you started to run.

did the infinity ammo really spoil the game?
    There is no valid argument here as to the need of unlimited ammo. But who needs to aim when you have unlimited ammo, you can just spray and pray instead, right?

can you even tell me why DA needed spy guns or mine's or an abundant selection of equipment if it made getting into the game and enjoying it harder? I get it you want more stuff in the game but if the game wasn't going to work with all this stuff in Im glad they went through with the option to remove it and create something worth playing, there could well be more stuff in BL but if the gameplay is hampered by it all its not going to work.
    You're honestly telling me that adding anything more than ONE piece of the equipment at a time "hampered" the gameplay? Have you even played a competitive game before? You're telling me that four "abundant" equipment slots made it harder to get into the game and enjoy? Come on now, these are the exact reasons why multiplayer has become so brain-dead and bogged down, because all skillful aspects have been compromised for accessibility so that new players can pick it up and instantly feel apart of the competition; because god forbid there actually be tiers for anyone willing to play and excel through a learning curve to weed out the disparities of players who are just picking it up and playing vs those who take the time to develop skill and compete. But all real skill and competition becomes lost when something becomes as simple as DA. Are you truly satisfied with something so easy and bland?

You must of enjoyed playing DA right? I thought Maps were well designed and had multiple routes and you never felt out of your depth play either fraction.
    The maps were awesome. Map design has always been a solid quality of the multiplayers. I thought the multiplayer was entertaining for a few weeks at most before it completely lost its replay value, it was simply too shallow to be a game that really stuck around, and the online crowd was indicative of that for anyone who came back and tried playing it months down the road.
    Last edited by NoBirdSing; 06-08-2012 at 05:09 PM.

All I'm saying is: Starcraft 2 is hyper competitive. It has tiered levels of skill. It's super popular. There's no reason a console staple like SPlitner Cell can't do the same.

Ct is the king.

To all these people touting DA's SvM... Shut it.

You had your game in the next gen. We want ours. PT/CT SvM all the way.

We got robbed with DA, we want the SvM THAT MADE IT POPULAR back. You can take your newbie friendly DA and keep playing it, it actually works on modern consoles, our games DONT EVEN WORK ANYMORE.

K, thanks.

really though, love you guys, but DA got it's time, its PT and CT fan's turn again.

Look your forgetting that CT & DA were completely different approaches to the game. CT made you play in smaller/tighter locations as you passed through each objective section were as DA unloaded the full map with objective been a good distance apart. DA worked well because it allows you to use only what would make the game balanced enough but not easy enough to walk all over your opponent regardless of the side. CT forced you into conflict and offered you more abilities to deal with the Merc because you had to do something to achieve success. If you could control the Merc as easy in DA as you could in CT then the DA multiplayer wouldn't of been a successful game.

I didn't say adding one extra ability would hamper gameplay I stated there was clearly a reason they left them out. But I forgot you had a physic skill'o meter that could somehow make you opinions matter because of skill Im suppose to believe you have? (See where that stuff leads)

They clearly test both games and clearly made two well balanced games... And I can be bothered to do this anymore, CT worked & DA worked and Im sure BL will work regardless of if its a completely brand new type of SvM. There direction will be based on sales between CT & DA so well see next year what was the better title.

Also why are you complaining about movement outlines highlighting running spies which is A) only effective if there in the dark and B) what the hell are the spies running about recklessly for with no consideration for the consequences? Is mostly been done to avoid spies attacking head on and turning the game into a slayer mode either way they were still balanced in DA wouldn't you agree, I can't remember needing the elbow in DA.

Good look to ya

*Bump Bump Bump*

Xbox.com is showing SvM as 5v5... LAME

Along with the same note, it's expected release date is 12/31/2799... There's still hope

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast