GRFS PC Q&A - Available on June 26th (USA) / June 28th (Europe)
Available: June 26th (USA) / June 28th (Europe)
PC Version Key Features:
- Support of DirectX 11 allow the addition of stunning visual details through displacement mapping and additional global illumination effects;
- More complex materials through the use of parallax occlusion mapping, gloss maps, and specular maps;
- Improved dynamic lighting;
- Volumetric lighting effects;
- Soft shadows;
- Improved post-processing with better HDR and motion blur;
- Playable with keyboard and mouse, or with wired and wireless Xbox 360 pads;
- Will be available via digital distribution;
- Windows XP* patch coming shortly after release.
The Campaign and Guerrilla are playable cooperatively with up to 3 friends online. There is neither split-screen feature nor LAN support in the PC version.
The adversarial experience has been created by Red Storm Entertainment, the studio behind the critically acclaimed GRAW-series MP modes. Adversarial features 4 game modes focused on objectives and cooperation and can be played up to 12 players.Gunsmith customization mode lets you choose from dozens of attachments and components to create over 20 million weapon variations.
More screenshots: here or here (bigger versions)
Footage: coming soon
Minimum hardware requirements:Supported Operating Systems*: Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7® (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions;PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz;RAM: 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7;VIDEO CARD: 512 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS/AMD Radeon HD 4650.DIRECT X: DirectX 11;DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive;SOUND CARD: DirectX 11 – compliant sound card;HDD space: 25 GB.Recommended Configuration: CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher;RAM: 3 GB Windows Vista® & 7®;Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better.
Last edited by Ubi_Antoine; 06-22-2012 at 10:40 AM.
With the help of forum managers, I will try to gather and answer to your questions on the other threads.
I'll double post in here some answers.
1. Weapon balancing and bugs that were identified/tweaked in the console beta/release, have these been carried over to the PC build?
The PC version integrates the latest code/data from the console version. More than that we are targeting to build several patches after the game release based on the community feedback.
2. The console build's day one patch, addressing various bugs. Have these issues already been fixed in the PC version?
Yes – The PC version integrates the latest code/data from the console version
3. The console version has patches coming out soon, are these fixes already in the PC build? And if not when can we expect them? Ideally it would be at the same time as the console builds.
For sure we integrate all bug fixes from the console version and we try to have the PC patch release as close as console one.
4. I'd also really like an official word the the Arctic Strike DLC for PC, is this going to happen, and if so whats the time frame?
Nothing announced yet.
· Will the DirectX 11 post processing effects be configurable?
Yes - all effects can be configured in the graphics option menu page.
· Will the Windows XP patch allow the game to run in DirectX 9.x mode on DirectX 10/11 systems?
Yes, Win XP patch will allow the game running on DirectX 9 under Direct X 10/11 systems.
· Will there be adjustable FOV?
No adjustable FOV.
· Is there an ETA for the Windows XP patch?
It will be available shortly after the launch - no precise ETA yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I get it.
· Will there be additional cost for the Wincows XP patch?
No additional cost.
· Will there be full content and DLC parity between PC and Console versions of the game?
The differences between PC and console versions are highlighted here: http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal...t=tcm:6-231-32
Basically, the content is as close as possible: same campaign, same multiplayer modes, same maps... The PC version doesn't feature LAN or split-screen support.
We didn't announce DLCs for PC yet, stay tuned.
· Will there be any post-release consideration given to popular Fan requests, perhaps to be included in any follow-on patch?
We will provide fixes, gameplay tweaks and maybe more to ensure an enjoyable, long-lasting experience for everyone. ;-)
All improvements will be platform agnostic.
The console version announced long ago a "Play with the devs and get the HVT achievement", when of course the players had the chance to kill the Devs to get that achievement and kill those who have it and You'll also get it, and my question is:
Will we have an event like this in the future? Would be nice to play against some people of the Development team!
Yes, we'll definitely have Play with Devs.
Regarding achievements, the PC version has the Transmedia achievements and unlocks you can have on Xbox 360: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...etwork-Unlocks
The High Value Target achievement is a Xbox success / PSN Trophy - so it's not in the PC game.
If we buy the deluxe edition, are the weapons/headgear/skins going to be available in singleplayer?
No, they are only for the MP.
A) Did the physical version of PC get cancelled?
B) What are the plans for Arctic Strike on PC?
B) I already answered the DLC question. I'll keep you posted.
Is Aim Assist still planned for the game? I don't like my hand held, in co-op or in MP.
Current state:- NO aim assist for M/K
- Aim assist always on with the X360 controller
Hey Ubi_Antoine, please do you know if GRFS will support multi-monitor configurations such as Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround ? Do you also know if GRFS will support 3D Vision ?
- Support for multi-monitor configurations: not at launch, but coming a few weeks after launch through a title update.
- Support for 3D Vision: no, but the title will support TriDef 3D Stereoscopy
will there be an FXAA option?
Yes, on/off option
how can i play with my friend? is there some kind of lobby like MW2/3 ?
can i join a friend using uplay?
Uplay friends invites.
In-game voice chat.
And you also have text chat in the lobby.
(post to be updated)
Last edited by Ubi_Antoine; 07-04-2012 at 01:19 PM.