Thread: Connection not responding | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Connection not responding

Hi there

Today I tried to play SCC in a private match with my friend and all we managed to get was a connection not responding message.

Both of us have already opened and forwarded all the ports specified.

I was just wondering if this was because we are in different countries and if there is a region lock of sorts, one of us is in New Zealand and the other America

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello Denz14910... sorry to hear about your "Connection not Responding" problem/issue... I will try to help. Generally, when you receive the message "Unable to connect, connection not responding" it's due one or both players not having Splinter Cell Conviction ports open. You mentioned in your post "Both of us have already opened and forwarded all the ports specified", but unless you have verified that all these ports are open, then you must assume that they may still be closed. These specific Splinter Cell Conviction ports need to be open in your router and firewall and any other program that could be blocking/monitoring ports. Download and install Simple Port Tester (its free) and verify if the Splinter Cell Conviction ports are open http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester. Be sure to use internal IP address and not external IP address when forwarding and testing. If you are uncertain what your internal IP address is, go to Windows/Start/Run/type cmd and hit enter... at the command prompt, type ipconfig /all and hit enter... look under Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 1 for IPv4 Address... this is your local IP address (should be something like 192.168.1.xxx).

There are a few of other reasons (that I can think of) why you would receive the message "Unable to connect, connection not responding" (but closed ports is most often the culprit):

1. There is a TSR program on your PC that is monitoring/scanning/blocking incoming/outgoing traffic... disable (temporarily) any and all Internet Security programs
    2. Your internet throughput is bottle-necking due to other programs tying-up the bandwidth... disable/exit all programs that are accessing the internet (torrent downloads, firewall/security, chat/talk programs etc.) before playing the online game
    3. Players with a high *ping will have difficulty connecting to other players... there are many reasons why one would have a high *ping; eg. how far you are from where the server is that is hosting the game; your broadband connection and the actual speed also affects the ping, this is why Wireless players have difficulty connecting

*ping: a utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and measures the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Green.Hornet; 06-06-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote