Thread: Graphic Problems | Forums

Graphic Problems

Hey guys, i posted this in the SIlent Hunter 4 thread but might get better luck here.

Hi guys, i have recently found my silent hunter games and installed them on my laptop. My laptop meets the spec of the games but when i load either silent hunter 3 or silent hunter 4 the textures go missing on characters, submarine, water, pretty much everything. Has this problem been seen before? I have had a look through the forums but cant find anything =/

Any help would be great, i have the latest drivers for DX and my Graphics card and iam running windows 7.

Here is a screenshot:

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i4...nt=problem.jpg

I have the latest patch installed too
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Studders86 View Post
    Hey guys, i posted this in the SIlent Hunter 4 thread but might get better luck here.

Hi guys, i have recently found my silent hunter games and installed them on my laptop. My laptop meets the spec of the games but when i load either silent hunter 3 or silent hunter 4 the textures go missing on characters, submarine, water, pretty much everything. Has this problem been seen before? I have had a look through the forums but cant find anything =/

Any help would be great, i have the latest drivers for DX and my Graphics card and iam running windows 7.

Here is a screenshot:

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i4...nt=problem.jpg

I have the latest patch installed too
    Greetings Studders86

First, a couple of quick questions. What version of SH4 do you currently have installed? What kind of graphics are you running on your laptop (kind of video card)? have you installed DX 9.0c? This type of DX is needed for the game to run correctly.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

im having problems too. windows 7, SH4 gold DVD edition. the game runs, but as soon as i switch to periscope view, the graphics get all pixelated, & wont go back to normal without restarting the game completely.

how can i have both DX 9 & my current version (11 i think) @ the same time? wont this be bad?

thanks.

Directx 9.0c is different then Directx 10 or 11. You need files that are in Directx 9.0c to run games.
    If you don't have directx 9.0c installed I would go ahead and install it. It will not harm the other Directx you already have installed.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Hey i am having almost the same problem but instead he is missing particles i am not able to see the air or the sea

my sea is kind of purple colour and the sky is totally black and i can only see my own submarine?

what do i need to do plz help me??

when i want to install direct x 9.0 c i wont be able to do it crashes when i try to install it??