Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Splinter Cell Blacklist No Michael Ironside Petition Forum | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Same here. I'll not play a Spinter Cell game with a strange Sam Fisher that does not sound like himself. Ironside can still dub Sam Fischer from his chair and will be doing a better job than the action actor.

Second option is let Ironside play Sam Fisher as the head of 4th Echelon giving tips to the new agent like Lambert use to do.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOvX8...eature=related
    Last edited by vidall; 06-19-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by SacredFire1376 View Post
    Bring back Michael Ironside. Sam's gruff, brutal voice was perfect. Whenever I hear Ironside speak, I instinctively think "Sam Fisher".

Whenever I hear Sam's voice i always think of someone who is tough and fearless. I think it will be weird for someone else's voice for Sam. It won't feel the same.

Sam won't be the same

That is one of the lamest decisions ever made by a game publisher/developer studio, its like taking Raymond out of Everybody loves Raymond or Simba from Lion King.

Why shouldn't you desacrate Sam Fisher with a knock-off voice actor?

There are numerous charactes in computer game as well as movies spectrum that we as consumers want to remain the same as they grow on us quite quickly.
    They might change appearance and age like everyone else but voice and core personality remain intact.

examples:
    Shepard from ME 1,2 and 3 both him and Mr Ironsides Sam are bloody icons
    Prince of Persia - Prince - yes they did juggle a little between 2 actors yet they sounded similar and fit the premise
    Gears of War - Marcus - they wouldnt dare to change any of the voices
    Hitman - Agent 47 - similar genre to an extent but still no change and the music composer remained the same as well!
    The Witcher - Geralt - a less than famous studio, creators of both Witchers changed the whole engine and redid the whole game yet they too kept the voice actor

These are just 5 examples I could bring up many more but I don't think there is a need... for marketing purposes and for the sake of creating a successful game both in terms
    of numbers and satifaction offered I would really consider bringing back Mr. Ironside or changing the main character (preferrabely the former). Mr. Ironside makes Splinter Cell Sam Fisher , every installment memorable , Mr Ironside is Sam Fisher....and no actor could possibly capture it like he did in Conviction....enough said..
    Last edited by gregkyokushin; 07-03-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gregkyokushin View Post
    That is one of the lamest decisions ever made by a game publisher/developer studio, its like taking Raymond out of Everybody loves Raymond or Simba from Lion King.

Why shouldn't you desacrate Sam Fisher with a knock-off voice actor?

There are numerous charactes in computer game as well as movies spectrum that we as consumers want to remain the same as they grow on us quite quickly.
    They might change appearance and age like everyone else but voice and core personality remain intact.

examples:
    Shepard from ME 1,2 and 3 both him and Mr Ironsides Sam are bloody icons
    Prince of Persia - Prince - yes they did juggle a little between 2 actors yet they sounded similar and fit the premise
    Gears of War - Marcus - they wouldnt dare to change any of the voices
    Hitman - Agent 47 - similar genre to an extent but still no change and the music composer remained the same as well!
    The Witcher - Geralt - a less than famous studio, creators of both Witchers changed the whole engine and redid the whole game yet they too kept the voice actor

These are just 5 examples I could bring up many more but I don't think there is a need... for marketing purposes and for the sake of creating a successful game both in terms
    of numbers and satifaction offered I would really consider bringing back Mr. Ironside or changing the main character (preferrabely the former). Mr. Ironside makes Splinter Cell Sam Fisher , every installment memorable , Mr Ironside is Sam Fisher....and no actor could possibly capture it like he did in Conviction....enough said..
    IO changed the voice actor of Agent 47 in Hitman Absolution, no word on the music composer yet.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

what about a petition to NOT play as Sam??
    they will not change the actor but a change to a Few lines and the Model is more possible to happen even if itsjust has 1-0% chance that it can happen..

Dont want to play as a Sam that is not voice by Ironside NOR a SAM that was gotten younger and even destroying more the human Sam

No Ironside, No Purchase.

There is NO WAY i will be buying this game if they have changed the voice. There are plenty of action games on the market but one of the main things that makes splinter cell better is the character of Sam Fisher. If you change the voice then it will feel like it's a different person, and hence feel like a different game. Michael Ironside has such a distinctive voice and it's perfect for this game. once again, i simply will not buy this game if the voice is changed. period.

Give us Micheal Ironside Back!!!!!!!!!! Give him back RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! Or you get NONE!!!! of my money!!

Michael Ironside as voice

Hello,
    Let me first state that I have nothing against Eric Johnson as a performer. However, I believe the role of Sam Fisher is better suited to Michael Ironside, due to a number of reasons, but to save time for someone else I'll name the top three for me. First, from the beginning the character of Sam Fisher has alway been played and defined through Michael Ironside as a "gruff", tough, killing-machine who has a shadowy ora about him. Second, Sam is supposed to be in his late 40s, if not 50s, and the casting of a younger voice at this time is not consistant with the overall stories timeline. I could understand if Sam had started with a younger sounding voice at the beginning, but in the middle or end makes little, to no, sense. Third, this isn't meant to be an insult so please do not take it that way, but someone who sounds kinda like Ryan Renolds isn't really that threating or in some cases believable as someone who wouldn't think twice about putting two between your eyes if you don't cooperate. Michael Ironside in my opinion makes Sam more convincing as a character and someone whom the player relates easier to feel more like a badass whom the fate of the world rests on his/her shoulders. Again, I have nothing against Eric Johnson, but feel Michael is more of a fit to Sam Fisher.
    Last edited by MedivalJ; 07-20-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaulO4 View Post
    what about a petition to NOT play as Sam??
    they will not change the actor but a change to a Few lines and the Model is more possible to happen even if itsjust has 1-0% chance that it can happen..

Dont want to play as a Sam that is not voice by Ironside NOR a SAM that was gotten younger and even destroying more the human Sam
    I agree with you, It will be much more easier if they just changed the main character.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist will be released in 2013, thats plenty of time to change the script a little bit. Correct me If i am wrong, but weren't there some agents being trained to replace Fisher? They could make one of the agents the new main character. Conviction I believe, like many others was a great way to end Sam's story. You cannot get bigger than that...

Youtube
    I DeviantArt

Xbox Live: Kaevire
    Steam: Kaevire
    PSN: Kaevire

Quote Originally Posted by Kit572 View Post
    I agree with you, It will be much more easier if they just changed the main character.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist will be released in 2013, thats plenty of time to change the script a little bit. Correct me If i am wrong, but weren't there some agents being trained to replace Fisher? They could make one of the agents the new main character. Conviction I believe, like many others was a great way to end Sam's story. You cannot get bigger than that...
    There were two coop agents in Conviction, Archer and Kestrel. I won't spoil what happened, but if you look up the coop story from Conviction, it would tell why they are not...ummm...appropriate to take over Sam's role.
    --
    Jackie Fiest

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast