Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Ubi even read the Forum? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Does Ubi even read the Forum?

When I first started on the forum I expected fans giving criticism and the developer responding. I got half of that. Where has Ubisoft's response been? Are they simply ignoring criticism? There was a fan uproar when SC:C came out. Many people asked for improvements and expressed their opinions. What did we get for a response?

Seriously? Do you think our concerns for Blacklist will be addressed? I highly doubt it.
    The Legacy's will be left in the dark and forgotten. If Ubi does happen to read anything on here, I believe it would be good if they had more involvement in their community. Personally, I want to hear what someone on the dev team thinks about Blacklist and why the old gameplay was "too boring" to advance any further. I don't want to here some poor PR attempt at calming the fans.

Thoughts anyone?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The only thing that comes to my mind is sabotage.

If UBI doesn't want to read the forum, we should start spreading the word to as many sites as possible that this game is not what we want.

On gametrailers, IGN, Gamespy and many other places, all I read are how "conviction was my first game in the series -- if this is half as good as that, day one purchase!" And "This looks so awesome!" If Ubi reads anywhere except the forums, all they hear is praise....
    Its no wonder we got this mess.
    Let's start getting some accounts on various forums and game sites across the net and start bad mouthing this game as much as possible.

Is there an Ubi rep in the building who wishes to comment?

I think you're absolutely right. However, I don't think our concern should be limited to just forum posts or comment sections. Perhaps video responses are due. Some commentary over gameplay even. I'd be willing to make videos this summer once the semester is over.
    I don't know though, just a thought.
    Xbox 360 GT: CELLGHOST206

Quote Originally Posted by CELLGHOST206 View Post
    I think you're absolutely right. However, I don't think our concern should be limited to just forum posts or comment sections. Perhaps video responses are due. Some commentary over gameplay even. I'd be willing to make videos this summer once the semester is over.
    I don't know though, just a thought.
    I would be completely willing.
    One person hiding behind a screen name and shouting on a forum how he hates a game is one thing. Having a group of people willing to attach their faces and voices to this is something else entirely.

I'll see how many people I can get on board. At the very least, we need to get the word out to other sites, providing a voice of dissatisfaction that can be heard.

Give me a month and I'll do what I can
    Xbox 360 GT: CELLGHOST206

I agree with you guys. Taking their word for how much stealth will apparently feature would be naive after Conviction. Either show a stealth run of the demo or don't. Either way, it seems as if there isn't much to show, else what's stopping them from alternately playing the demo?

well believe it or not they do listen to us, "prove it" you say ?!

-Non Lethal is back.
    -Knife is back.
    -Variable Speed is back.
    -Spy vs Merc is back.
    -Cover Take Downs are back.
    -Stealth Suit is back.
    -B&W Filter is gone.
    -Global Plot is back.
    -Gadgets are back.
    -Repelling is back.
    -Carrying body is back.

And probably alot more that we are yet to know of, but keep in mind they are not making a CT.2
    As for Legacy Gameplay, well let's just say this is a new direction for SC titles.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Non Lethal is back.
    -Knife is back.
    -Variable Speed is back.
    -Spy vs Merc is back.
    -Cover Take Downs are back.
    -Stealth Suit is back.
    -B&W Filter is gone.
    -Global Plot is back.
    -Gadgets are back.
    -Repelling is back.
    -Carrying body is back.
    This

Stealth Always Wins

Ubisoft does read the forums.

From an interview with Max Beland:

Aaron: How much time do you spend looking at forums and seeing the response to games after you put them out?

Max: Too much. I have a metacritic slash game slash Spinter Cell: Conviction on my iPhone and I refresh it every two hours to check if there’s a new review. It’s super important because we want to learn from what we’ve done. It’s funny that sometimes decisions that we took two years ago, know we’re seeing if they’re good or bad.
    I guess an example is the Iraq mission, where it’s more shooter in Conviction. The map where you’re in Iraq in Operation Desert Storm. That was a super big decision we took a while ago to really as variety to the game.
    Now we’re reading the feedback, and it’s really not getting the feedback we were expecting. It’s not getting all the love we were expecting.
    But you now, you learn. It’s important to always check the feedback. Especially from the media.
    I think the forums, you have to be careful. Forums tend to… the people that like it tend not to say much and it’s more the vocal people that are attacking… it’s almost, if you don’t look who’s posting you feel that everybody hates you. But if you check who’s posting and it’s only three guys…
    Forums are dangerous.

In a recorded meeting with SolidSage he specifically mentions "ShadowFox", another member of this forum.

Spartacus Legends Community Manager EvilPixieGrrr's Avatar
    Yes, Ubisoft does read the forum and the Forum Managers turn in feedback to the team on a weekly basis. You'll also see the Community Developers stopping by to answer questions and gather opinions on the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast