Thread: Arranging troops | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Arranging troops

This is such an obvious point that I thought it would have been in the Tutorial, and so far I can't find a mention of it here in the forums. How please do I rearrange my troops? I find it hard enough to move troops I have bought down into my hero's slot, but so far I have found it impossible to merge two groups of the same kind so I keep ending up with all slots full. I have the Mac version of the game. Is this a bug or is there some trick to it?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Get Tactics.

With them you can arrange your troops. Without them, you are subject to what the game sets up for you.

Later, get Advanced Tactics and it expands the area in which you can arrange your troops giving you more flexibility.

I don't think that's what the OP meant. Sounds like he's having an issue where the drop & drag isn't cooperating whether it's due to lag or whatever. I've had it too from time to time. If I remember correctly, click on a totally different troop in your army as if you were going to drag it into another slot but don't, just drop it where it is. Then go back and try the merge again. That worked for me. Disciples I did this once in a while too when trying to swap items between generals. That helped me get lucky and figure it out.

Yes, that is the problem. It seems to be getting better the more often I do it. It does seem to be a minor bug in the game. I wonder if Apple is aware of it.

I meant to add: there seems to be no way to split your troops as you could in all previous versions of HOMM.

Hold down Shift while you drag.. queen

I may be wrong but as far as I know there is no mac version of Might and Magic Heroes VI. Are you sure it's not a cracked version for mac? This could create a lot of bugs (as if there are not a lot already) and many things could not work as they should.

Of course there is a Mac version. You buy it from Ubisoft.

then... mea culpa . I don't know what to say about your issue. Perhaps the mac version is more bugged than the windows one. I don't have the problem you described.

It is definitely a bug. It's not just troops - it's quite difficult to drag anything. You can equip weapons by double-clicking of course, but try dragging and the same thing happens as with troops: they keep jumping back until finally they obey from sheer fatigue.