Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long each mission? | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    Hi Folks,

I'm still trying to get my strategy down. I have a few questions for the community, however.

How much time do y'all take to do recon on a mission? By that, I mean are your guys out looking through binoculars and watching patrols circle around for a while until you get an idea of what the enemy is doing?

Or do you just walk through with a team covering and another advancing?

How much time do you spend watching vs. running through with weapons ablaze?

Thanks.

-B
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Hi Folks,

I'm still trying to get my strategy down. I have a few questions for the community, however.

How much time do y'all take to do recon on a mission? By that, I mean are your guys out looking through binoculars and watching patrols circle around for a while until you get an idea of what the enemy is doing?

Or do you just walk through with a team covering and another advancing?

How much time do you spend watching vs. running through with weapons ablaze?

Thanks.

-B

XyZspineZyX
    To Bundesheer,

Welcome to the game and forum! Now Bunde how long is a piece of string and we all have our ways of doing these mission. However where a mission is not time triggered then I can spend up to 2 hours doing recon and working out my plan and strategies along with tactic. I set-up ambushes and do flanking moves to best over come the threat. I don't save or use the TI and IFF as there set to off.

I'm a realistic gamer but once the mission is completed then I do the hell for leather up the guts with glory stuff. With the Recon missions I do just that reach the extraction zone with all squad members and not firing a single shot and this is how it should be done. I do allot of noc work and doubling back and moving forward and on my guts prone slipping under there nose.

Once again it's what you as a person gets out of the game as to how you go about the objectives and tasks.

XyZspineZyX
    I average about 20 minutes, but I save and reload 3-4 times per mission - sorry snipe21. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif[/img]

<LEFT> <LEFT>

Don't try to run away - you'll only die tired.

XyZspineZyX
    You don't have to say sorry as I know each to there own way of doing things just I do it the right way [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]

XyZspineZyX
    Thanks.... [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif[/img]

<LEFT> <LEFT>

Don't try to run away - you'll only die tired.

XyZspineZyX
    ya sometimes it takes a long time to recon and decide wether to evade or engage the enemy

XyZspineZyX
    I find after I play a mission a lot, I know pretty much where each enemy is going to be. A good example of this is M11, where you have to break into a POW camp to rescue 2 POWs and (optionally) Moroshkin.

I play this mission on elite mode, with SR-15 SD (primary) and M-16 (secondary) (these are the standard weapons, but I made a custom mod kit that lets me have both of them). I clear the outside guys, set off the alarm on purpose (or by accident), kill the 6 guys who run out the front door, kill the 6 guys who run out the side door if I have time, then enter the compound methodically killing people efficiently and silently with the SR-15 SD, etc.

It takes me like 15-20 minutes to kill all 42 guards in that scenario. I don't spend much time hiding and waiting because I already know where the guards are going to be.

XyZspineZyX
    snipe21 wrote:
    With the Recon missions I do just
    - that reach the extraction zone with all squad
    - members and not firing a single shot and this is how
    - it should be done.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to cross the bridge unnoticed in the village map?

"Screw you guys - I'm going home!"

XyZspineZyX
    village is M04?...what do you mean cross it unnoticed?

i usually take ou the guys in the little "boxes" then cross...

<font face="engravers mt" size="0" color="550000">-Matt
    <center></center>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast